RCB Fair Mod Discussion

['RB']nhoobish

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:39 pm
Community chose nothing
This mod is made to help noobs advance in game without trying.
Rcb is ruined.

Majority of active players -> community. It does not help trying to serve for the inactive ones.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:06 pm
Community chose nothing
This mod is made to help noobs advance in game without trying.
Rcb is ruined.

What people like you don't seem to understand is that if the map is more balanced and easier to advance it makes it harder to win.

more balance => harder to win because it evens the playing field.

granted there are issues with that (i.e. game can get drawn out at times in a khan war/the like).

RCB is not CBA. It used to be if you had a strong civ in RCB you could easily win. No longer the case now with fair mod.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LyF]JimmY

Posted 29 April 2017 - 4:06 pm
Wtf is RCB?
Link | Reply | Quote
 MMO_Executioner

Posted 29 April 2017 - 7:27 pm
Wrong.

I re-made the map. Completely from scratch.

Map has been edited by the community over and over and over again over the years.

All rambit made was the base map which differs vastly.

Anywho, believe what you want. Doesn't really matter to me. I just browse forums nowadays. Don't play.

Yeh I dont post on the forums to much. Only when I see stuff that intrests me, like this.

I used original RCB to take me to #1 in the custom scenario points at GamePark, IGZ and partially here at Voobly. So I figure this map was remade to stop me. As I was the number one player of RCB to beat. Until Voobly changed it so the noobs could win. When Voobly changed the map I quit playing.

Now what I wanna know when is the NFL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR, NHRA, MMA, and all the other sports, Academic Institutions and Microsoft gonna change their rules and the way the game or institution is played or taught. So the fans or people mentally challanged, noobs, lower IQ, handicaped, non physical
people can jump out of the stands to play the game, or hop in the race car or get on the podium to get the academic award no matter what your skill level or learning capability, so that they can win. Or even when is Microsoft gonna make a computer game that anyone can play and win regaurdless of their skill level.

This is how Dictators, Monarchies and evil leaders in human history played games of skill or chance. They changed the rules to their ability so they could win. And if the masses didnt like it. Off with their heads!
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 29 April 2017 - 8:11 pm
Yeh I dont post on the forums to much. Only when I see stuff that intrests me, like this.

I used original RCB to take me to #1 in the custom scenario points at GamePark, IGZ and partially here at Voobly. So I figure this map was remade to stop me. As I was the number one player of RCB to beat. Until Voobly changed it so the noobs could win. When Voobly changed the map I quit playing.

Now what I wanna know when is the NFL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR, NHRA, MMA, and all the other sports, Academic Institutions and Microsoft gonna change their rules and the way the game or institution is played or taught. So the fans or people mentally challanged, noobs, lower IQ, handicaped, non physical
people can jump out of the stands to play the game, or hop in the race car or get on the podium to get the academic award no matter what your skill level or learning capability, so that they can win. Or even when is Microsoft gonna make a computer game that anyone can play and win regaurdless of their skill level.

This is how Dictators, Monarchies and evil leaders in human history played games of skill or chance. They changed the rules to their ability so they could win. And if the masses didnt like it. Off with their heads!

Okay.
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:08 pm
delete the fair mod
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 30 April 2017 - 2:20 am
delete the fair mod

Yeah! Burn this mother down.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]JlackalL

Posted 2 May 2017 - 11:32 am
NFL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR, NHRA, MMA,
Link | Reply | Quote
 [GG]F1NaL_

Edited 2 May 2017 - 7:15 pm by [GG]F1NaL_
Por que no no dieron medallas en el penultimo torneo de rcb 2v2???a zanchy le deben 2..
User is offline [Eot_]Zanchy____
Zanchy____

ยป Send Private Message

Group: Platinum Membership
Posted 2 April 2017 - 10:33 pm
[GG]Pixy wrote:
With my final friend we have participated in two tournaments and they have not given us any pure fate medals ;thumbdown

yep im due 2 golds 11

fyi i think a tournament based rather than league based is good
<Quebecois_12> btw i have to tell you what happens to me yesterday
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/220058/:1218125#post1218125
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 2 May 2017 - 7:22 pm by ['RB']nhoobish
[GG]Lunberry_ account level has changed to Silver Membership (7:49 pm)

t9d7y5ki2v620m4z3y79kct9bysk2t9k

Send PM to VCOM Founder.
http://www.voobly.com/messaging/composebox/124708230
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 3 May 2017 - 10:36 pm
you're not due anything lol, me and dopey won the past 3 rcb 2v2 tournaments and you have the #3 spot from the latest one on your profile
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 5 May 2017 - 6:08 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
I played/watched a few games randomly today.

Celts suck ass.

Anywho, after the league is over I think a new version should be put out favoring the lower units as discussed.

Edit: A ton could still be tested/implemented in this map. Too many things honestly.

I think it'd be best just to...

1) Raise price of khan/harald/global
2) Remove gates and increase standard base defense
3) Track which civs lose the most and improve them further
4) Increase efficacy of tiny island units
5) Some guy today said Nevski should be named Weapon. Just stating facts.

Also, why did bombard tower one hit kill khan get removed?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nexxus

Edited 5 May 2017 - 8:32 am by Nexxus
Having played RCB for quite a bit the last few weeks, here's a few things I thought of recently that I think would help make RCB more balanced and enjoyable in a real-world context:

1. Problem: Players targeting and/or teaming other players solely due to previous conflicts, or due to external factors like rating, name, etc. Oftentimes, we see accusations of X player trying to ruin Y player's game due to some past beef. Additionally, in games with a mix of lower and higher rated players, the lower rated players can strategically team up to kill off any higher rated players and maximize their chances of winning (this happens typically in low rated games with just 1 or 2 high rated players).

Possible Solution: Hide all player names in-game. Only show Player 1, Player 2, etc. The player names would also have to be hidden on the multiplayer selection screen (I'm not sure how feasible this is, but otherwise, it would still be possible to know who is where).

2. Problem: Players use various techniques to hide their kings or make it difficult/impossible to count them. Players have to rely on shoddy data and "pinging" to determine who is really a threat, and oftentimes, players who are the actual threat will try to accuse another player of being a greater threat. It kind of makes this aspect of RCB a simple shouting match in which the more convincing guy can alter the game results.

Possible Solution: Have a built-in King Counter in-game that shows the number of kings that person currently has across all stores (2 x king for the top store), perhaps next to the player name or in a separate overlay near the raze/kill/time counter.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 5 May 2017 - 1:18 pm by ['RB']nhoobish
Celts suck ass.

Current Civ stats based on 99 tracked games.

Mongols
Persians
Saracens
Chinese
Japanese
Vikings
Aztecs
Huns
Goths
Koreans
Turks
Byzantines
Mayans
Britons
Franks
Teutons
Spanish
Celts
Won
Total
Winrate
28%
24%
20%
19%
17%
16%
15%
13%
13%
13%
11%
11%
10%
10%
10%
9%
5%
3%

Also, why did bombard tower one hit kill khan get removed?

I removed it, because either you made it intentionally or by mistake so that all towers deal critical hit to Khans, this resulted in the Tiny Island Khan option being pointless altogether. I did, however, buff them aswell, by reducing the cost from 250 stone back to 125, so players could build twice as many BBT.
Nexxus wrote:
1. Problem: Players targeting and/or teaming other players solely due to previous conflicts, or due to external factors like rating, name, etc. Oftentimes, we see accusations of X player trying to ruin Y player's game due to some past beef. Additionally, in games with a mix of lower and higher rated players, the lower rated players can strategically team up to kill off any higher rated players and maximize their chances of winning (this happens typically in low rated games with just 1 or 2 high rated players).

Possible Solution: Hide all player names in-game. Only show Player 1, Player 2, etc. The player names would also have to be hidden on the multiplayer selection screen (I'm not sure how feasible this is, but otherwise, it would still be possible to know who is where).

Not possible with Scenario designing nor modding, this requires exe-hacking or a special patch/tool.
Nexxus wrote:
2. Problem: Players use various techniques to hide their kings or make it difficult/impossible to count them. Players have to rely on shoddy data and "pinging" to determine who is really a threat, and oftentimes, players who are the actual threat will try to accuse another player of being a greater threat. It kind of makes this aspect of RCB a simple shouting match in which the more convincing guy can alter the game results.

Possible Solution: Have a built-in King Counter in-game that shows the number of kings that person currently has across all stores (2 x king for the top store), perhaps next to the player name or in a separate overlay near the raze/kill/time counter.

I personally think that game will become too easy, if such a change is made. Having vision in all stores by microing your kings has been part of RCB as long as I can remember and possibly even way before my time aswell. If enough people think this is an issue, a poll could be made related to this matter.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 5 May 2017 - 3:30 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
If you're a bad civ and forced to early hero and have to deal with someone that was fed to khan you're pretty much ****ed. If however, you early hero'ed (e.g. Charlemagne) and built bombards vs khan and that bombard 1 hit KO'ed Khans then you at least can reduce his pop a little bit before he kills you. There are many other instances where I think having the 1 hit kill on Khan is the better option.

I admit, I never thought about the beginning Tiny Island Khan because honestly... he's worthless. Idk who in their right mind would buy him. It's pretty much either Archers or rarely Paladins.

Celts should get some sort of boost in the beginning if they're truly the worst civ. Jesus... I wasn't wrong was I. They do suck ass.

Link | Reply | Quote
123456[7]8910
Displaying 91 - 105 out of 143 posts