RCB Fair Mod Discussion

['RB']nhoobish

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:01 am
I know not these things.

Oh well. It will just stay an idea. Probably for the best.

One day you shall return and reclaim your rightful place.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 18 April 2017 - 2:32 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
[You must login to view link]

1) Khan changed from 12 to 13 kings
2) Harald increased from 15 to 16 kings
3) Global increased from 19 to 21 kings
4) Bases redesigned, gates removed from objects villager can build
5) Villager buy on super store decreased from 4 kings to three kings.
6) Number of palisade walls that can be built increased from 75 to 100.

The following still needs to be done in the Fair Mod:
1) Make sure all units can upgrade their gates via the fortified wall tech.
2) Make sure palisade walls can die in one hit (i.e. still at 5 hp)
3) Possibly changing the unit class of palisade wall.

There you go.

I felt the changes with Khan/Harald/Global were necessary but maybe they weren't. Either way it may be fun for players to try that for awhile.

Another option for the future/now would be to change the unit class for palisade walls in fair mod too. That way beli/theo/actually all units would attack palisade wall like it was an actually unit. (Just an idea).
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 18 April 2017 - 7:38 am by ['RB']nhoobish
Another option for the future/now would be to change the unit class for palisade walls in fair mod too. That way beli/theo/actually all units would attack palisade wall like it was an actually unit. (Just an idea).
This was suggested some time ago, I did not include the change, since it would completely change the mechanic of patrolling when attacking a base.
1) Khan changed from 12 to 13 kings
2) Harald increased from 15 to 16 kings
3) Global increased from 19 to 21 kings
I would have tried to balance out the units via the Fair Mod, since that is its main aim. I have been thinking for reducing Khan AP for a year or more now, but not sure how it would play out.
The following still needs to be done in the Fair Mod:
1) Make sure all units can upgrade their gates via the fortified wall tech.
2) Make sure palisade walls can die in one hit (i.e. still at 5 hp)
Giving every civilization fortified walls seems like a good idea. Currently palisade walls sit at 1 HP.

In other news, some things that I do not agree about in the base redesign.
  • Why make the side with 1 HP palisade walls? We currently have a Mordred that can easily take the side gate down and access the razings with delay, now you can just skip the gate and go for the weak towers.
  • The idea of replacing the pre-placed palisade walls with fortified ones is good in my opinion.
  • By adding more gates to front of the base early rushing will be reduced to none. Also, people will have it far too easy to reach the 20 razing mark, since everyone will be able to get 20+ razings from just fighting in their corner, instead of focusing more on the middle or other players.

I would like to keep the FFA League with the current version of the mod and scenario. So, that my promises do not get pulled back, aswell we would have more time to think what are the best changes. Also, by holding the League I last time generated a civilization statistics table to rank their peformance.
http://vooblycommittee.voobly.com/forum/thread/248458#Miscellaneous_Statistics
From it I buffed the last 4 civilizations and nerfed 2 top ones. After the upcoming League I can do the same and with another civ performance table we should be able to see more balance issues possibly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 18 April 2017 - 1:49 pm
This was suggested some time ago, I did not include the change, since it would completely change the mechanic of patrolling when attacking a base.
It definitely would change patrol. You're right that it would probably be too big of a change.

I would have tried to balance out the units via the Fair Mod, since that is its main aim. I have been thinking for reducing Khan AP for a year or more now, but not sure how it would play out.
Fair mod should have bombard towers one hit kill khan atm. That should still be in there.

In terms of raising the price of khan/harald/global... due to the changes in fair mod it is straight up way too easy to get kings. The balance needs to be thrust towards the lower tier units again. Back when I did play khan wars were getting tedious. Anyways, it was just an idea. These changes only took me a little over an hour.

Giving every civilization fortified walls seems like a good idea. Currently palisade walls sit at 1 HP.
At least we agree this should've been done awhile ago.

In other news, some things that I do not agree about in the base redesign.
  • Why make the side with 1 HP palisade walls? We currently have a Mordred that can easily take the side gate down and access the razings with delay, now you can just skip the gate and go for the weak towers.
  • The idea of replacing the pre-placed palisade walls with fortified ones is good in my opinion.
  • By adding more gates to front of the base early rushing will be reduced to none. Also, people will have it far too easy to reach the 20 razing mark, since everyone will be able to get 20+ razings from just fighting in their corner, instead of focusing more on the middle or other players.
1) Side of the base was made weak to compensate for the front now being so strong. Furthermore, I thought it would be interesting for infantry civs to be able to rush the side of the base.
I would like to keep the FFA League with the current version of the mod and scenario. So, that my promises do not get pulled back, aswell we would have more time to think what are the best changes. Also, by holding the League I last time generated a civilization statistics table to rank their peformance.
http://vooblycommittee.voobly.com/forum/thread/248458#Miscellaneous_Statistics
From it I buffed the last 4 civilizations and nerfed 2 top ones. After the upcoming League I can do the same and with another civ performance table we should be able to see more balance issues possibly.

Do what you must. I'm not going to be playing in the league either way.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 18 April 2017 - 5:23 pm
Fair mod should have bombard towers one hit kill khan atm. That should still be in there.
I am pretty sure I removed this, because every tower was able to do this, not just Bombard Towers, but I do also remember giving back their normal cost aswell, so it really should not be an issue. Since you have have twice the number of them and deal almost lethal damage with two.
In terms of raising the price of khan/harald/global... due to the changes in fair mod it is straight up way too easy to get kings. The balance needs to be thrust towards the lower tier units again. Back when I did play khan wars were getting tedious. Anyways, it was just an idea. These changes only took me a little over an hour.
I do agree with the thought-process, this is why I nerfed Mordred heavily some time ago and I am still trying to figure out a decent way to get rid of the late-game gate cluster-**** due to being able to build them instantly. Disabling them could work, but then again we have not heard any feedback from the community playing it.

Do what you must. I'm not going to be playing in the league either way.
I feel like the League statistics provide fair bit of valuable information, however they do lack in terms of actual unit balance, as they are just averages per civilization.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 23 April 2017 - 4:04 am
You could at least start with just removing gates and having all civs get fortified wall + base changes. Then see how things go with khan/harald/global later.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MMO_Executioner

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:24 pm
I have a wonderful idea. Change RCB BACK TO THE ORIGINAL VERSION, WHERE I COULD BUILD SEIGE ONAGERS, SCORPS AND RAMS. AND IT DIDNT MATTER WHAT CIV YOU HAD. CHANGING RCB TO FAIR WAS JUST ANOTHER WAY TO HELP THE NOOBS WIN.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:43 pm
I have a wonderful idea. Change RCB BACK TO THE ORIGINAL VERSION, WHERE I COULD BUILD SEIGE ONAGERS, SCORPS AND RAMS. AND IT DIDNT MATTER WHAT CIV YOU HAD. CHANGING RCB TO FAIR WAS JUST ANOTHER WAY TO HELP THE NOOBS WIN.

Feel free to play the Classic version, it is rated. Another story is, if anyone else cares to play with you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MMO_Executioner

Posted 28 April 2017 - 4:44 pm
Feel free to play the Classic version, it is rated. Another story is, if anyone else cares to play with you.

LOL my point exactly, Voobly made a version so the noobs can win, hence they wont play the original version, its just to hard to win ;tears
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 28 April 2017 - 8:17 pm
Just enjoy it while it lasts. Note Voobly did nothing. Map and mod made by me.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 28 April 2017 - 8:40 pm
Also, the community chose to use it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _UltraInstinct_

Posted 28 April 2017 - 9:02 pm
Also, the community chose to use it.
Community chose nothing
This mod is made to help noobs advance in game without trying.
Rcb is ruined.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MMO_Executioner

Posted 28 April 2017 - 9:45 pm
Just enjoy it while it lasts. Note Voobly did nothing. Map and mod made by me.

Unless your Rambit on another acct. then you didnt make this map. Rambit made RCB.

All you did was pull out the old cleaver and start butchering.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _UltraInstinct_

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:09 pm
Unless your Rambit on another acct. then you didnt make this map. Rambit made RCB.

Give this guy a beer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:33 pm

Wrong.

I re-made the map. Completely from scratch.

Map has been edited by the community over and over and over again over the years.

All rambit made was the base map which differs vastly.

Anywho, believe what you want. Doesn't really matter to me. I just browse forums nowadays. Don't play.

Link | Reply | Quote
12345[6]78910
Displaying 76 - 90 out of 143 posts