RCB Fair Mod Discussion

MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 30 September 2015 - 4:58 pm
Throwing Axeman Movement Speed was already increased by you, so I will not go with his suggestion.

That aside, I am planning on removing Chu Ko Nu HP buff you have given them, I will not remove the AP buff. The problem is that many people nowadays go 8 Castle with China and just spam the hell out of Chus until Khan/Harald, which is not really ideal, because of the really fast Creation Time and increased HP it is unusually hard to fight against Chinese. I have not gone through with the final descision yet, so your chance to give input.

I have no idea anymore what's in the mod. But good.

Anywho, Chu going 8 castle wasn't all that uncommon in 2011 even depending on circumstances. Even back then it was possible to go to khan at least, I can't remember if harald too. I do miss the Chu ko nu rush and just walking into someone's base with 200 units and killing their pyramid when they haven't bought anything yet. God that was so hilarious every time.

Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 30 September 2015 - 6:03 pm
I have no idea anymore what's in the mod. But good.

Anywho, Chu going 8 castle wasn't all that uncommon in 2011 even depending on circumstances. Even back then it was possible to go to khan at least, I can't remember if harald too. I do miss the Chu ko nu rush and just walking into someone's base with 200 units and killing their pyramid when they haven't bought anything yet. God that was so hilarious every time.

Well, that strategy kinda ended after bases got bigger and extra defences, though I must admit it was a good strategy.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 30 September 2015 - 6:35 pm
Well, that strategy kinda ended after bases got bigger and extra defences, though I must admit it was a good strategy.

If I'm remember right that's one of the reasons I buffed the Chinese, just for that strat to come back. It's no good if they're going straight to harald/khan nearly every time they're Chinese though. This is the issue with the mod it's hard to find a happy medium.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 13 October 2015 - 9:50 am by ['RB']nhoobish
October 2015

10.2015 Mayans can now research Bloodlines.
10.2015 Mayans can now research Husbandry.
10.2015 Aztecs can now research Husbandry.
10.2015 Reverted Chu Ko Nu +10 HP bonus, now they have the standard HP as in the normal game.

I am going to monitor the gameplay for awhile now and then implementing other changes is an option again, though always feel free to suggest new things and general stuff.

The main reason why the changes above were carried through:
  • Mayans and Aztecs get Bloodlines and Husbandry to make them more viable to pick Belisarius, Subotai, William the Conqueror, Tamerlane and Genghis Khan. The changes were made to make some other playstyles more plausible, but not to completely put focus on them. Aztecs did not get Bloodlines, because the main strength of them is the Infantry side with Garland Wars upgrade, but now they have the option to try something Cavalry (Archer) related with greater impact.
  • Chu Ko Nu HP buff was reverted due to other Unique Units starting to perform very poorly against them. Melee Units became quite hopeless agaist a big mass of Chu Ko Nus. The HP buff pretty much allowed Chinese to go 6-8 Castles and collect Kings until have enough for Harald or Khan, which is far from ideal. Best case scenario should be Chinese getting Khans, if played rather well, but Haralds certainly not.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 17 February 2016 - 10:25 am by ['RB']nhoobish
It has come to attention that the Charlemagne should be nerfed, I propose the attack speed increase to be removed first and see how it goes, an alternative is to revert the range or damage output.

Other ideas that have come to my mind or others.
  • Change the Archers of Eyes Attack Rate to make them fire slower. Due to being a really good counter to most Cavalry and Infantry and only costing 2 Kings it can be currently used effectively to get to Khans, which is not ideal.
  • Give Robin Hood a +1 default range (5->6). To justify buying Robin Hood, because you only ever buy it, if you are Britons or really far behind.
  • Rework the Yeomen Technology by removing the Range buff and adding either more offencive or defencive buffs in forms of HP/Damage/Armour. This is required, because Elite Longbowmen should not outrange the defencive buildings, it is too common to see a Briton player attacking a Pyramid from afar and not even being in Range of the front Castles.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Playerpro123

Posted 17 February 2016 - 3:02 pm
Persian is to strong in rcb. Pers = auto win
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:29 pm
Persian is to strong in rcb. Pers = auto win

Now write me a 1000 word essay to convince me.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rizi_Bajwa_Rox

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:06 am
dont give robins extra range they r already good enough. in past weapon gave them 1 range but that slowed down subo n tamerlane mid .
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 21 February 2016 - 1:54 pm
dont give robins extra range they r already good enough. in past weapon gave them 1 range but that slowed down subo n tamerlane mid .

I only remember Weapon giving them HP and AP, but not Range, maybe he can come and confirm what he did.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 21 February 2016 - 4:22 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

yep

Also, in regards to archers of the eyes... instead of nerfing them. You could also look at aspects in the scenario that encourage rushing. People kinda just stopped rushing... It was always fun to kill someone with Chinese chu ku nu (sp?) and/or charlemagne. Or nerf and improve rushing aspects.

I honestly could not tell you situations in which Archers of Eyes would be good to buy anymore. It's been too long... just remember to consider all aspects. Keep up the good work nhoobish. =)
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 21 February 2016 - 4:55 pm
yep

Also, in regards to archers of the eyes... instead of nerfing them. You could also look at aspects in the scenario that encourage rushing. People kinda just stopped rushing... It was always fun to kill someone with Chinese chu ku nu (sp?) and/or charlemagne. Or nerf and improve rushing aspects.

I honestly could not tell you situations in which Archers of Eyes would be good to buy anymore. It's been too long... just remember to consider all aspects. Keep up the good work nhoobish. =)

I will still modify the Yeomen upgrade to give something else instead of the +1 Range, so that Longbows will not be able to hit the Pyramid without a penalty.

To encourage rushing I could add the Arson Technology from the AoHD, but that is a maybe.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:08 pm
February 2016

2016.02 Yeomen modified (Foot Archer Range +1->0, Foot Archer Attack 0->+2).
2016.02 Removed a hidden bonus given by Garland Wars, previously all Aztec Infantry had +1 Melee Armour.
2016.02 Archers of the Eyes Attack Rate reduced (1.79->1.9)
2016.02 Mordred Damage output reduced (80->40 AP vs Buildings).
2016.02 Mordred Attack Rate reduced (.8->1).

Following changes were made due to:
  • Yeomen Technology was reworked, because Elite Longbowmen were able to hit stationary defences without a penalty and the Pyramid aswell. The +2 AP to Foot Archers may be changed in the future depending on how Britons will perform ingame after this update.
  • The Melee Armour buff from Garland Wars was never intended to be there, not sure how it got there either, but it is removed now.
  • Archer of the Eyes got nerfed due to being overly efficient against early game Infantry, hopefully this will make Infantry more durable againt the Archers of the Eyes, since their Reload Speed is now a bit longer.
  • Mordred got nerfed yet again, because it is far too easy to get Razings after the 13 minute mark, a lot of people just idle the first 13 minutes and then buy Mordred to get easy Razings and ultimately get easy Kings and they will be able to afford Subotai or Charles Martel. Now it will not be able to gain so much with so little effort.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]xAwaKeNg

Edited 7 March 2016 - 9:26 am by [7th]xAwaKeNg
Once i read that being idle till min 13 then get razes and go hero statment,i knew u dont know thing about rcb ffa basics,is funny that u start change game coz zanchy ddnt like it,ty for ur work but back mod like it was better
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]JlackalL

Posted 7 March 2016 - 10:39 am
Once i read that being idle till min 13 then get razes and go hero statment,i knew u dont know thing about rcb ffa basics,is funny that u start change game coz zanchy ddnt like it,ty for ur work but back mod like it was better
+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 xMp_MiniChampz

Posted 8 March 2016 - 3:38 am
All need he MOLDRED ROOXS. Now the MOLDRED SUUXS = NOTHING.
I WONT THE moldred rooxs WTF.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]345678910
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 143 posts