RCB Fair Mod Discussion

MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 17 September 2016 - 5:43 pm
Another option:

Change the build time of gates. Literally make it 1-2 mins for a gate. Would lessen the barrier strat.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 18 September 2016 - 7:57 pm
Do you want the mod back or not? I do not have the time to fiddle around with such small variables in a massive amount. I only updated the mod to have high impact on unresolved issues with the least change.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rizi_Bajwa_Rox

Posted 18 September 2016 - 9:05 pm
give all civis 9+3 monk range
it will balance skir conversion and global issues -.-
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Evil_Weasel

Posted 19 September 2016 - 1:26 am
Quote:
Another option:

Change the build time of gates. Literally make it 1-2 mins for a gate. Would lessen the barrier strat.
the instant gates were inserted because partially built structures weren't deleted with the "remove palisade" spell. if they're not instantly built, people will start to partially build them again, simply because it's faster.
and it won't help if the defending player had time to prepare. so basically when he bought vills early enough he can completely wall himself in, but if you are constantly attacked or took longer to buy vill your defense will be worse.
Quote:
Just reduce gate hp by 1k or so to start.
rushing strategies would be stronger then, so persia, japanese and stuff like that would be pushed even more. and their start is fast enough right now. i guess that will kill the balance rather than doing something good.

really only making gates more expensive would help against the excessive walling.
but honestly, without several layers of walls theo/etc can easily wreck a player with "just" khans (especially since he's likely to get weakened by another player with khans/martel). thats kind of stupid.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 19 September 2016 - 2:21 am
No, I do not and will not take the modding back. I'm here to give ideas only.

Link | Reply | Quote
 RiversPlate

Posted 20 September 2016 - 6:47 am
ALL MONKS SHULD BE 9 RANGE.. AND WITH 1 KING WE SHULD CUD TAKE +3 RANGE.. IT IS UNFAIR FOR CIVS WITH NO +3 FOR MONKS.. LOSE VS SKIRMS WITH AP..
This **** give no chances for civs like goths.. with no range monks
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 31 December 2016 - 4:04 pm by ['RB']nhoobish
December 2016

2016.12 Added Advanced Statstics.
2016.12 Block Printing enabled for all Civilizations.
2016.12 Faith enabled for all Civilizations.
2016.12 Treadmill Crane enabled for all Civilizations.

The following changes were made due to:
  • The attachment of Advanced Statistics via Fair Mod is purely a fail-safe, since I have encountered in recent times that certain triggers get corrupted, because of just being old and/or made on 1.0c patch of the game. To avoid possible future inconveniences Advanced Statistics is also enabled with the mod.
  • The Monastery changes are basically self-explanatory, since it is giving everyone the equal chances of fighting a late-game Middle power up Elite Skirmishers or even Global ones. Previously, few Civilizations were unable to compete well in such a situation and were often helpless.
  • Treadmill Crane change was done to give everyone an equal oppurtunity in building base defences.

Regarding Gates and their HP.
As some of you suggested to make Gates weaker overall I think early game Fortified Wall upgrade becomes somewhat pointless then. I also tried changing the HP values with modding, but with no avail, as all Gates disappeared from the map. It is possible that I did something wrong, but who knows, they may aswell be hard-coded into the game.
Another option is to give Belisarius, William and Theodoric some extra damage versus Buildings or just Gates. Maybe something like that should do the trick of making those Heroes more viable.

PS! Let me know how the changes are, as many of you know I am not really that active in playing RCB, so I need more information on how things are.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 8 April 2017 - 1:25 pm
April 2017

2017.04 Fixed a bug with Goths not being able to research Block Printing.
2017.04 Alexander Nevski renamed to Rambit.

Since the last update in December 2016, it appears there was a bug with Goths not being able to research Block Printing. Thanks to Riversplate for reporting this, still I must say someone could/should have done this sooner. Hopefully there are no other bugs in the mod as we speak.
Alexander Nevski got renamed to Rambit, as Rambit is known for being the image behind the unit and the icon. Also, his other scenarios feature him as the Alexander Nevski unit very often aswell. Praised be Rambit, for creating such a wonderful scenario.

Next batch of updates is likely to happen in June and it will try to address the issues of Belisarius, William and Theo (maybe Nevski aswell) being too weak to Gates. Since you are able to build Gates instantly it is really to defend a base. For this reason I require feedback how to improve those units.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 9 April 2017 - 9:45 pm
April 2017

2017.04 Fixed a bug with Goths not being able to research Block Printing.
2017.04 Alexander Nevski renamed to Rambit.

Since the last update in December 2016, it appears there was a bug with Goths not being able to research Block Printing. Thanks to Riversplate for reporting this, still I must say someone could/should have done this sooner. Hopefully there are no other bugs in the mod as we speak.
Alexander Nevski got renamed to Rambit, as Rambit is known for being the image behind the unit and the icon. Also, his other scenarios feature him as the Alexander Nevski unit very often aswell. Praised be Rambit, for creating such a wonderful scenario.

Next batch of updates is likely to happen in June and it will try to address the issues of Belisarius, William and Theo (maybe Nevski aswell) being too weak to Gates. Since you are able to build Gates instantly it is really to defend a base. For this reason I require feedback how to improve those units.

Remove the ability to build gates. Watch chaos unfold.

Do it.

I bet people will buy those units more. I would, however, buff the number of palisade wall pieces you can build though. Slight buff. Nothing crazy.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 10 April 2017 - 8:53 am
rofl
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 11 April 2017 - 6:17 pm
Seriously do it.

Edit the scenario itself. Add double inner gates at the front and side of a players base + fortified/stone wall (whatever is needed to match what it is currently). Remove gates from what a villager can build + increase the number of palisade in the trigger (will require testing on your part to see what a good setup would be in terms of what's normally walled).

Do palisades still have really low hp? If so, good. If not change it back to low hp.

I would also give mini-harald a slight buff since he'll be more valuable and if I remember correctly the buff is needed.

I would also consider placing stone/fortified wall next to the archery range in the base for aesthetics as well as to reduce the number of palisade needed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 11 April 2017 - 7:34 pm
I trust you more than myself to do such changes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 11 April 2017 - 9:49 pm
maybe.

Was a league map going to be released soon?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 11 April 2017 - 10:39 pm by ['RB']nhoobish
maybe.

Was a league map going to be released soon?

The FFA League scenario is the same as 2013 F12, only difference is the scoring system which displays the performance of player under the Economy Statistics in Trade Profit and Wood, Food, Gold, Stone Collected.

Edit: And that version is unchanged since last year.
http://www.voobly.com/files/prompt2/33405140

http://vooblycommittee.voobly.com/forum/thread/263547#How_does_the_Leaderboard_work

That I use to create the Leaderboard for the League.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:12 pm
The FFA League scenario is the same as 2013 F12, only difference is the scoring system which displays the performance of player under the Economy Statistics in Trade Profit and Wood, Food, Gold, Stone Collected.

Edit: And that version is unchanged since last year.
http://www.voobly.com/files/prompt2/33405140

http://vooblycommittee.voobly.com/forum/thread/263547#How_does_the_Leaderboard_work

That I use to create the Leaderboard for the League.

I know not these things.

Oh well. It will just stay an idea. Probably for the best.

Link | Reply | Quote
1234[5]678910
Displaying 61 - 75 out of 143 posts