RCB Fair Mod Discussion

['RB']nhoobish

Edited 13 March 2016 - 12:40 pm by ['RB']nhoobish
March 2016

2016.03 Enabled Blast Furnace Technology for Byzantines.
2016.03 Mordred rightfully deal full attack damage versus Gates.
2016.03 Increased Mordred Attack Damage versus Gates and Towers by 10, (40->50).
2016.03 Franks can now research Squires.

The following changes were made due to:
  • The lack of Byzantines UU - Logistica, makes Cataphracts much weaker in damage output and now hopefully they will be able to hold their own better.
  • I was unaware that Gates had a hidden armour bonus against Mordred, it reduced the Mordred's damage output by 20 and making it pretty much just a regular Paladin. Now I see why people were frustrated, because all Gates were 5 times harder to destroy not 2 times harder, which was my original intention.
  • I wanted to make Mordreds 2 times weaker, but I did not take the Attack Rate into account the previous time and made them 2.5 times weaker instead, so they are now rightfully 2 times weaker.
  • A lot of people have asked for this Technology to be enabled for Franks, primarily for a more viable Charlemagne/Charles Martel play.

In addition, a lot of people want the Frankish Unique Technolohy to benefit Charlemagne and Charles Martel, possibly even Harald Hardraade. If this gets a lot of positive feedback I am willing to add this to see how it impacts the game and hopefully Franks will not be a Civilization about just Villagers anymore.
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Edited 13 March 2016 - 1:00 pm by 23RaidingParty
mordrads still not removed?....

logistica also gives cataphracts +6 bonus vs all infantry so you might want to compensate for its absence

charlmagne range should be 3 and it shouldn't get that much bonus vs towers

franks extra range for martel is a terrible idea, a 7 range martel is absolutely overpowered.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 13 March 2016 - 1:29 pm by ['RB']nhoobish
Still not as overpowered as a Harald Hardraade with 50k HP, 10k AP, 9 Range, 200/200 Armour and called Tom Bombadil.

You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 13 March 2016 - 3:35 pm
It isn't just gates. I believe towards are modded against mordred too. Also... the house that powers up that one unit in center... I can't even remember his name, lol.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 13 March 2016 - 4:00 pm
It isn't just gates. I believe towards are modded against mordred too. Also... the house that powers up that one unit in center... I can't even remember his name, lol.

If you meant towers, instead of towards then I checked towers too, but they had no value other than 0. I did not check the House though, although I would not change the House armour at this point, because noone wants to lose his power to Godzilla and Geni to a few Mordreds.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 14 March 2016 - 2:50 am
If you meant towers, instead of towards then I checked towers too, but they had no value other than 0. I did not check the House though, although I would not change the House armour at this point, because noone wants to lose his power to Godzilla and Geni to a few Mordreds.

Yep, yay autocorrect!

The way I thought it was setup was the house was super resistant to mordred, or at least more resistant.

What I think you should really do just to **** with everyone is increase the cost of all buys up top by 1 king.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 14 March 2016 - 8:11 am
Lol, I do not really want to touch the scenario, I would probably break it more than improve.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]JlackalL

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:20 am
March 2016

2016.03 Increased Mordred Attack Damage versus Gates and Towers by 10, (40->50).

• The lack of Byzantines UU - Logistica, makes Cataphracts much weaker in damage output and now hopefully they will be able to hold their own better.
  • I was unaware that Gates had a hidden armour bonus against Mordred, it reduced the Mordred's damage output by 20 and making it pretty much just a regular Paladin. Now I see why people were frustrated, because all Gates were 5 times harder to destroy not 2 times harder, which was my original intention.
  • I wanted to make Mordreds 2 times weaker, but I did not take the Attack Rate into account the previous time and made them 2.5 times weaker instead, so they are now rightfully 2 times weaker.
  • A lot of people have asked for this Technology to be enabled for Franks, primarily for a more viable Charlemagne/Charles Martel play.

In addition, a lot of people want the Frankish Unique Technolohy to benefit Charlemagne and Charles Martel, possibly even Harald Hardraade. If this gets a lot of positive feedback I am willing to add this to see how it impacts the game and hopefully Franks will not be a Civilization about just Villagers anymore.

Thank ****ing god you woke up son.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]xAwaKeNg

Edited 19 March 2016 - 12:18 pm by [7th]xAwaKeNg
March 2016

and lot of ppl told u let the mod like it,no need for ur stubid changes
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 14 April 2016 - 5:18 am
and lot of ppl told u let the mod like it,no need for ur stubid changes

Don't be a negative nancy.

You're lucky he's even fixing things. You should be grateful. All hail nhoobish.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 14 April 2016 - 8:19 am
Don't be a negative nancy.

You're lucky he's even fixing things. You should be grateful. All hail nhoobish.

All hail, Weapon, he will soon come back to take over the editing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 15 April 2016 - 4:24 am
All hail, Weapon, he will soon come back to take over the editing.

It's true. I'm totally coming back.
Link | Reply | Quote
 LegendxKiller

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:14 am
mordrads still not removed?....

logistica also gives cataphracts +6 bonus vs all infantry so you might want to compensate for its absence

charlmagne range should be 3 and it shouldn't get that much bonus vs towers

franks extra range for martel is a terrible idea, a 7 range martel is absolutely overpowered.

In regards the Franks civilization.
Why not give it's unique tech.
Players say it's OP.
How about...
Aztecs, Viking, jap, and Celt?
Why do they get theirs?
I think it's good idea cause it will eliminate the massive throwing axeman/paladin feed to reach for Harald as players usually do.
If not the extra range, then how about the horse extra hp bonus. Kinda silly Mayan belisarus or William same as Franks. Where is the fairness there?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 26 April 2016 - 9:51 am
Okay, I will apply Knight-line HP bonus to all Cavarly, although, I do not think it will have great impact on the game. Regarding the range, perhaps we can have a poll for it, so I know what really the community wants, because that change could have major impact on the gameplay.

Cast your vote at,
[You must login to view link]

For results,
[You must login to view link]

Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 26 April 2016 - 2:09 pm
If by applying their tech to all axe units you mean giving martel/charlemagne bonus range; I tried that before. I would not recommend it. See if people respond to the poll though.

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]45678910
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 143 posts