AoKTS updates

mullikine

Posted 22 October 2014 - 3:34 am
Ok cool. So I'm going to forget about double IDs for gaia units and garrisoning into them. I'll say here when I updated. What did you do exactly to break your scenario?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 22 October 2014 - 3:44 am
I created a tree ,a deer and 2 archers in the editor and hit test (save as default0).
I opened it in your ts and garrisoned 1 acher in the tree and 1 in the deer and hit save, the program crashed.
I tried to reopen and it told me the scenario was invalid.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Posted 22 October 2014 - 3:49 am
Thanks so much for your help Jizzy. Will try to fix whatever caused it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 22 October 2014 - 8:03 am by [MM]Gallas
Hidding inside deer not really useful, but if you do with ram:

player2's castle id: 1
gaia's ram id:2
player2 and gaia also garrisoned into id:2 gaia ram

Result: the player2 castle inside an invisible gaia ram. If you remove the gaia ram by trigger, the castle will unload (even on water).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 31 October 2014 - 10:30 pm by [MM]Gallas
I like the new minimap viewer, but here some new idea:
- able to click on unit on minimap and when select unit from lists it's shows on minimap which unit is that
- in "Help/About" button able to click on link to move the official site to check if is there any updates (or open Voobly download)

Tested the unit/trigger id renumbering:
- trigger id sync working, but didn't see any changes ingame
- with unit renumbering from 460 000 unit id easily reduced to 12 000 on one map -> map's size from 148kbyte reduced to 138kbyte, that's quite lot! Later will check lagtest how is it affecting on gameplay.
Sadly, when I do this, triggers not following correctly the new numbers (I see it's try to follow the changes, but seems like it's not perfect).
Example: renaming originally p1 villager, when renumbering, it's renaming gaia haysack.

I'm not recommending to use this function with 1.0.3.10 version, if you have complex triggers with selected target conditions and effects.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Posted 19 November 2014 - 5:28 am
Hey Gallas. So I started working on AOKTS again. I just released new version with lots of updates. I'm going to try fix the renumbering now.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Edited 30 November 2014 - 2:42 am by mullikine
Renumbering is fixed Gallas! Let me know if you think it's still broke! As a test I did renumbering on How To Control Fireballs map and also Sheep vs Wolf. All appears working fine.

116K Sheep vs Wolf - the glade renumbered.scx
124K Sheep vs Wolf - the glade.scx
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 30 November 2014 - 2:22 pm by [MM]Gallas
Great! When I get time to update maps will test it myself too.

edit:
Found the following bugs:
You must login into Voobly to view image

When you list units by name it's not really doing what is should and when you renumber IDs the garrisoned units moving out.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Posted 30 November 2014 - 3:45 pm
Just fixed those 2 problems! Thanks Gallas
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 6 December 2014 - 3:14 pm by [MM]Gallas
First time only edited a map with your aokTS, please check the result.

If won't be any bug I will update rated version too.
Attachments:
Blood of The Hill 1.4.scx (file size: 81.04 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Edited 7 December 2014 - 8:34 am by mullikine
Hey Gallas. If it's easy, could you please give me a list of all AoK unit type ids and a list of all AoC unit type ids? I've almost restored compatibility with AoK and am making a converter! Trouble is, after converting a scenario from AoC to AoK the new units crash the scenario. I gotta fix that. Oh and I'd like to do the same for AoFE and AoF. If you could get me the list of type IDs of AoFE and AoF then I can make aokts convert scenarios better. What I'm going to do is make a compatibility page in AoKTS and it will show you the incompatible units and let you change the type of those units to something else.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 7 December 2014 - 9:20 am
Sadly I don't have ID list :( I can only see Genie3 units/techs/researches differences. Also don't forget: in aok you have only 31 terrains, in aoc 41.

For aok the last id:
units: 749 (COBRA_D)
research: 425 (C-Bonus Chinese TC POP)
tech: 437 (C-Bonus Chinese TC POP)

For aoc the last id:
units: 865 (RUBL3V)
research: 459 (C-Bonus, 40% CA)
tech: 513 (Perfusion)
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Posted 7 December 2014 - 10:09 am
Thanks Gallas! Hope to get AoK working soon :) Maybe can get CBA on AOK would be cool :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Posted 8 December 2014 - 3:48 am
Hey Gallas or anybody who can help! I have a forest randomizer button. It is meant to fix forests that have been map copied so that it all looks randomly generated, rather than getting the exact same looking tree several times in a row but so far it only works on Forest, Palm because I know that for that tree the rotation is a random number from 0 to 7 and the frame is a random number from 0 to 12. But other trees and units have different numbers of frames and rotations. Like for "Forest, Bamboo", it seems to only have frame from 0 to 3 and frame is always equal to rotation. So anybody can help me by giving me a tree and saying what the frame and rotation can be equal to I will add it to the forest randomizer button. Instead of only doing Forest, Palm, I'd like to get many more working. All you need to do is generate a random scenario using AoC and open in aokts and work out what the possible values for a specific tree are and let me know here. Thanks!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 8 December 2014 - 12:16 pm
Bamboo - 4
Forest Tree - 14
Jungle - 13
Oak Forest - 14
Palm Desert - 13
Pine Tree - 9
Snow Pine Tree - 9

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]45678910111213141516