AoKTS updates

Brakebein

Posted 18 January 2016 - 4:19 am
Bugs report :
- Own objetc & Own fewer object : Coordinates are unavailable
- Disable Tab : Lists are limited at 20 to 30 items for saving
- In map tab, the "paste" button in clipboard area is not activated if we copy from another window, we must cheat with click first copy in the first window they copy in the second window then back to the first and paste...
- Editing much and much times the map provide some bugs and crash the map at loading in editor or before playing or even at end of game

Suggests :
- Add color function (because we can use hotkeys and keyboard functions easier)
- Edit an effet should be possible with a mouse double click not only enter touch
- Add function to restore totally a bugged map with the procedure i told you
Link | Reply | Quote
 Brakebein

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:24 pm
Another thing

I wish we can write the unit ID in some effect that need the ID and not only select in a list.

Thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 Brakebein

Posted 2 February 2016 - 12:05 am
Hi,

Sorry again

Since i use so much the trigger studio and i made more than 4000 triggers one by one here is a list of other things i wish can find and i will really use

1) On each buttons in trigger tabs, you could add shortcuts to access faster to the buttons
2) About the duplicate for all players
- You could replace automatically the colors strings <RED> <BLUE>...<ORANGE> if found, by the color of the current player duplicating
- You could set an option with a checkbox that could also roll the trigger in activate/deactivate trigger effect, because most often we dont need that all players call the same trigger... The most top thing could be that we could chose one by one wich activate/deactivate trigger we want to roll down.

Hope you may understand my approx English ;)

Cheers
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 2 February 2016 - 12:41 am
Brakebein wrote:
Hi,

Sorry again

Since i use so much the trigger studio and i made more than 4000 triggers one by one here is a list of other things i wish can find and i will really use

1) On each buttons in trigger tabs, you could add shortcuts to access faster to the buttons
2) About the duplicate for all players
- You could replace automatically the colors strings <RED> <BLUE>...<ORANGE> if found, by the color of the current player duplicating
- You could set an option with a checkbox that could also roll the trigger in activate/deactivate trigger effect, because most often we dont need that all players call the same trigger... The most top thing could be that we could chose one by one wich activate/deactivate trigger we want to roll down.

Hope you may understand my approx English ;)

Cheers

Perfect CBA. ;)
haha
Link | Reply | Quote
 Brakebein

Posted 2 February 2016 - 2:46 pm
_Hacks wrote:
Perfect CBA. ;)
haha

Btw does anone know i called it perfect CBA ?

i was searching a name with friends and each name i suggested they told me that sounds not perfect....

So hope perfect sound enough perfect now !!!!! ;upsdown

Something else...
Is there someone here that use AHK scripts for triggers studio ?

Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Edited 13 April 2016 - 6:56 pm by [dv8]OrangWuTang
Hi!
I dont know if you still update aokts but I have a request for an additional feature if thats somehow possible.

In the editor if you check the "All Techs" box, every player will have access to every standard technology. So I think it should be somehow possible to give players access to selected technologies only, too.

For example I have a map that has All Techs off, like Mayans and Aztecs dont get any horse upgrades and so on and thats good how it is. But I want all players to have access to for example Fortified Walls. The problem is that if I want Goths, Huns and Persians to have Fortified Walls then I have to enable All Techs but I only want that one Tech, not all of them which is currently not possible to my knowledge.

I saw that you can use a Trigger to tribute some techs such as Heresy, Crenellations or Theocracy. But like I said there are only a few techs in that list. And I dont even know if that does what I need.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Edited 13 April 2016 - 9:53 pm by mullikine
Hey Bryant,

I think what you want is only possible with the userpatch 1.4RC. Check out the screenshot with how to do it using aokts using 1.4RC features. It's a game limitation and aokts could never do what you want for 1.0c or AOHD I'm afraid; not until they add support for it into the actual game.

I've become extremely busy at work XD but I'm all ready to program aokts at a moment's notice.
Attachments:
enable-tech.png (file size: 7.85 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Edited 20 April 2016 - 1:17 am by [dv8]OrangWuTang
Thanks for your reply!

I tried what you suggested but that Trigger doesnt seem to have any effect. In that test scenario p1 is britons and should be able to research bombard tower with such a trigger, right? But I can neither research it in the university nor build a bombard tower.

It also doesnt matter whether I use '(Any Civ)' or not.

You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 Brakebein

Edited 21 April 2016 - 5:25 pm by Brakebein
Hi, i have something that really annoying me since a long time, i don't know if it is only me or other people get this problem...

If i create units from the game editor or i create from AOKTS the units are not at the same coordinates, ok so you can add +0.5 to x and y... but if you create a path a trigger, you cannot set a location like 34.5 by example it automatically round to 34... i don't know why the game editor is working like, it is really weird, do you think that if you allow numbers with one decimal it will be compatible and work or not ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 21 April 2016 - 7:14 pm by [MM]Gallas
Brakebein wrote:
the game editor is working like, it is really weird, do you think that if you allow numbers with one decimal it will be compatible and work or not ?
Yeah, it a bit strange at first look, but this is an old problem.
The best is: set locations in the game editor, save it, then use that coordinates in aokts (copy pastes).
Link | Reply | Quote
 Brakebein

Posted 22 April 2016 - 4:37 am
Hi, i yes i do this... no other solution and must shift many units....

But now i have a dream... it seems that the game editor accept more than one decimal for object coordinates system on the map, but we have no way to define them accurately, only in AOKTS but the accuracy is 0.1, please could you make it to 0.01 in the UNITS tab !!! thx i really need it...
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Edited 23 April 2016 - 2:01 am by +[MM]jason
I think using such low decimals causes the path finding system to go haywire.
I guess maybe it should be added and leave responsiblity of the map maker not to crash the game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:11 am
Added 1 more decimal. I think you can save any number of significant digits that a float can take but it will only display 2 decimal places.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Brakebein

Posted 28 April 2016 - 7:42 pm
I found a crash since 1 month...

After approx 1100 (+/-50) times edit unit and save the unit, the trigger studio crash itself
Link | Reply | Quote
 Brakebein

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:03 pm
I found 2 another problems, maybe linked together

In the map tab, if you use the coordinates and the tiles, you apply your tile modification using some buttons like terrain or else... then if you save the map it will save a tile names grass 4, it hapens often to me, and if i try to change the tile only it not work, i must use an area and copy terrain. Then sometimes i must save 3 times for the grass 4 disappear...

I found also that some terrains not correspond if you save and reopen it is not the same (shallows by example)

Link | Reply | Quote
123456789101112[13]141516
Displaying 181 - 195 out of 240 posts