AoKTS updates

+[MM]jason

Posted 2 August 2015 - 4:11 am
Nice update are u still planing on making triggers drag and dropable?
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Posted 2 August 2015 - 7:10 am
Hey Jizzy. There's so much I wanted to do with aokts but I'm not unemployed anymore so will have not much time anymore :(. Starting work tomorrow actually. There is a new scenario editor being made at the moment that might replace aokts. I want to do more with TS and aoe. It's a sad day
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 2 August 2015 - 8:56 am
All good, thank you for all the work you have done.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 14 August 2015 - 4:07 pm
1.4 RC AoKTS
Initial View did not seem to work when I adjusted coordinates.
When you press the option to convert UserPatch effects to AoHD it does not memorize it, so it will ask again when saving the scenario, but that can result in double conversion and will leave things buggy.
Change Speed from UserPatch to AoHD does not work properly, because the UserPatch Speed value 10 seems to be 1 for AoHD, but the value does not get changed, it remains the same. Means you will have super fast units, and will have to manually go through all effects.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:53 pm
Hey nhoobish.

Initial View: I think it's a bug in userpatch? Maybe I should ask scripter64.

Just added a message for when you are converting the triggers manually which should make it clear what you are about to do. I made that option because AOHD used to use the same format as AOC but interpretting the trigger type ids differently, resulting in scenarios that can run in either game but do different things. Converting triggers manually is meant changing version without changing format :(.

Change speed: Do you mean change speed of 100 in userpatch equals change speed of 10 in aohd?

Next version 1.2.0.66 will have the updates.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Edited 16 August 2015 - 11:40 am by mullikine
I solved the mystery of the mystery number. It is the player you play as. A new AOHD feature that allows you to override your own color and combine bases with another player. I'm not sure about the exact mechanics of this. If anyone researches it using TS, please let me know your findings :).
Link | Reply | Quote
 Brakebein

Edited 16 August 2015 - 4:39 pm by Brakebein
Hi

I dont know if these unknown chars came because of previous old version of AOKTS or because of 4.3a update, but most of triggers have these bad chars, or if i click on the trigger the name is not registered in texte area but it is displayed...

Cheers,
Brakabein
Attachments:
Chars.jpg (file size: 88.43 KB)
chars2.jpg (file size: 203.19 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Brakebein

Posted 16 August 2015 - 4:19 pm
Something else, it is what i want to told you last time

If you open a file

A.scx

You save it as

B.scx

The file B.scx not appear in the previous opened files, of course technically B has not been opened but used...
if you use reopen, it will open A instead of B.

Cheers,
Brakabein
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:25 pm
ok thanks for reporting the trigger name bug. i dont think it is TSs fault but i will make a button to clean up trigger names. there is a chance if u have been updating TS every time i release a new version you caught one with a bug because i fixed a bug with really long trigger names 128 chars long but that shouldnt affect u
Link | Reply | Quote
 Brakebein

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:38 am
I have other problems

On the first pic you can see that ID are messed
I had reorder them long time ago and they return like this

So i tried to rearrange them and it mess again the ID but weirdly as you can see on PIC 2

I tried again and again, save, open, reorder, save, reopen, so ID order was clean but once i tested the file some triggers now cannot work.

Cheers,
Brakabein
Attachments:
ID_1.jpg (file size: 164.62 KB)
ID_2.jpg (file size: 181.17 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Brakebein

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:43 am
I found that some triggers not started on, were turned on but i dont know with which version...

I maybe got a good news

No blackscreen has occured since the file has been saved with the new AOKTS
Only some crashes occurs, but think they are my fault, ill found one by one whats wrong

Cheers,
Brakabein
Link | Reply | Quote
 Brakebein

Posted 17 August 2015 - 3:28 pm
About the invalid chars added at the end of triggers name, it comes from AOKTS or from the new spécifications from 4.3 patch

For the test
Create new file with AOKTS
Add some triggers
Save it
Open it with game editor
The bad chars appear

Now i get error at start age, feudal in game editor is imperial in AOKTS

Sometimes AOKTS lost some datas, so before conclude you should solve the chars problems because it may influence other things...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Brakebein

Posted 30 August 2015 - 3:29 pm
Hi,

we already talked about one of these functions to add,

Here are my ideas for complete solution and easy to code, and also easy manipulation for creating scenarios.

>>>> Add functions in map tab

1) Save terrain only in a new file
(Instead of delete all players units, all triggers, remove all disabled units, remove AI, remove infos....)
And if possible rewrite entirely the terrain from the mini map you created by reading, not only copy from the file between some bounds.

2) Import the terrain only from another file (including erase existing terrain)
Of course maybe should prevenet user to import a bigger map in a smaller map
in case of insert a smaller map ask user if he want to center or align at top and bottom

>>>> Add function in a menu

1) Rewrite entirely the file (not only replace modified values, rewrite in a Virgin file all values from default in AOKTS and from AOKTS memory)
This could prevent errors that sometimes occur and are kept Inside the file
Would be great for debugging many files, not only the file i crashed with different testings.

Cheers,
Brakabein
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 11 November 2015 - 4:39 pm
Hey, would it be possible to have it working for African Kingdoms DLC? :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Posted 11 November 2015 - 8:43 pm
hey basse! i had a quick look a few days ago and it seems some big changes have been made. im a little intimidated. but i will look into it tonight :)

Link | Reply | Quote
12345678910[11]1213141516
Displaying 151 - 165 out of 240 posts