Sheep vs Wolf - mod GUIDE

MMO_Executioner

Edited 20 August 2015 - 4:10 pm by MMO_Executioner
[MM]Gallas wrote:
If you think I'm a Sheep player you are far away from the truth. Also, I never seen you play this map, not even heard about you as part of this community, but you come here and tell me what to do with this arrogant style?

I thought I would try it again yesterday and today to see if you changed anything. I see you have changed nothing. As for my arrogant style? I earned it though 15 years of playing AOC online 2 years of playing AOE online . As for this map, if its so great try hosting it in the custom scenario room, with all the experienced players.

I must correct this statement. I started playing Age Of Empires online in 1998. When AOC came out in 2000 I began playing that online.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Your_momma

Posted 7 August 2015 - 6:47 am
You have intentionaly made this map for the wolf to lose.

I was trying to help u get better at wolving, but it seemed like u didnt want my advice. PM me if u like any help. I think I ve wolved last 10 games and won 8 or 9 with random map and random wolf civs. Same goes for Orca, Lobo, Tadashi, Deepan, Spark and many other people. It just takes a bit of time to learn.

Try to sheep a bit more or spectate one of these players when they wolf. You ll see the game is not miles away from being unfair.

GL
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TheJedi]SparK

Posted 7 August 2015 - 8:20 am
Agreed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MMO_Executioner

Edited 7 August 2015 - 7:10 pm by MMO_Executioner
There is nothing pro about this map. Thanks Your_momma but no thanks. Ill stand on what I have said. If its such a great custom scenario map, then host it in custom scenario.

I have played lots of maps and have seen mostly all maps that have been made. And have even helped with the making of some maps.
This one is made for the sheep to win period. Its by far a even sided map

I hardly ever read the forums much less make a posting, but when I see such a injustice in map making I just cant sit back and say nothing.

As for you who dont like what say. I understand im down playing the game you like. But as you have said to me. "If you dont like what im saying then dont read it".

Host this map in custom scenario. I wanna see how far it goes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ TRP ]pheonix753

Posted 8 August 2015 - 5:37 pm
nice copying of Jurrasic Park ;cheers way to go GALLAS

and wolf doesnt stand a chance untill it is played in easy wolf...

i have been wolf several times but i hardly win a game with pro sheep around who cry to give me easy wolf and they all base together. they become strong before 1hr:14min and wolf cant get super before 1hr:20min(except by some pro wolves)

begginer wolves can never win a game and there is no food in some maps

tisza:food is mostly on the right side
oasis:animals just run towards north and east
and many more defects in each map plz improve them make equal amount of food on both sides
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]___CLAW

Posted 8 August 2015 - 6:07 pm
begginer wolves can never win a game and there is no food in some maps

tisza:food is mostly on the right side
oasis:animals just run towards north and east
and many more defects in each map plz improve them make equal amount of food on both sides

ya tisza map sucks

2 boars on same side(right side)

and the boar on left side(no one knows when it will travel long and when it will travel short and go back to its spawning point)

and some animal packs doesnt have food on left side very few animals come for every 10 min and that too come in waves and miss most of the animals
i will vote for taiga oasis and canyons they are atleast balanced a bit

even in oasis when wolf hunts upside and his patner hunts down he kills almost all animals to eat resulting stop in the flow of animals towards up and the wolf who is hunting upside has less food

and abt the crocos :::sheep call killing iron boar and bear and eating all fishes as strategy
but if wolf kills crocos to get wood it is called cheating??why did u enable wood for killing crocos?and if u remove it it will be unfair for wolves ..sheep just kills bear and boar and wolf has nothing to eat and grow powerful.. so much unfair for wolves

and sheep has to wait ages to go to castle from imp (we dont have all the day to play the game)
wolf also take so much time to get super 1hr and 20 min????? cant u speed up the game?( ofc u can but u wont u will say it will make game go out of balance)but we will be wasting our time if wolf resigns(after 45 min) and wait for many minutes for another game to start...we dont have all the day

plz improve the game speed..(really slow and taking ages to finish)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Your_momma

Edited 8 August 2015 - 6:52 pm by Your_momma
@ James Bond. You tried the game for 2 days (?) and it suffices to say you are simply wrong.
@ Pheonix: new players should learn how to sheep first before try wovling. I agree that a first day wolf (even with beginner) has no clue what to do, etc. But it just takes some effort and the game is decently fair. It takes some patience and dedication to become pro - just like u wont learn CBA in a day nor RM etc.

You are right about no food in tisza sometimes. Its the bugged boar animal pack that is really awful. It also exists in all the other maps. The first boar appears on 37 min in south west. Gallas says it has just as much food as any other, but he should really fix this. Once I know its bugged boar I basically feel tempted to resign. Even a pro wolf will be at least 15 min later.

@ Sun_riser Speeding the game up slightly is an idea. For all the rest: you can blame the map/mod/etc. but you should learn how to become more pro before complaining about these things. Just like James Bond - he doesnt know what he is talking about (if u dont take the effort). Get hotkeys, become faster, smarter, etc..

*EDIT

Now that I think about it: I think it is a little disrespectful / offensive towards Gallas to complain about SvW the way some people do here. Gallas has spent hours, days, weeks in tuning this mod - and the game is probably more fair than it has ever been. He should not have to answer to people who just come here and **** all over the place about how dissatisfied they are. Ive played this game since the beginning and it is better, richer, more fun and probably fairer than it has ever been. Of course there are some things imbalanced, but maybe come up with some solutions or try to find new ways of playing the game. Ty ;flowers
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]___CLAW

Posted 8 August 2015 - 6:59 pm
Quote:
and abt the crocos :::sheep call killing iron boar and bear and eating all fishes as strategy
but if wolf kills crocos to get wood it is called cheating??why did u enable wood for killing crocos?and if u remove it it will be unfair for wolves ..sheep just kills bear and boar and wolf has nothing to eat and grow powerful.. so much unfair for wolves
@momma i can fight the above thing as both sheep and wolf but i instead choose to fight with wolves bcz just think u r a wolf and sheep killed bear and boar what will u do ? just do crocos

sheep calls it cheating??(this is not cheating )his partner is spending gold hes not getting gold for free he spends almost 1k gold..

if crocos are beign removed so then killign of boar and bear with towers should also be removed.

fair enough if no crocos then no killing of animals..
Link | Reply | Quote
 Barsta

Edited 8 August 2015 - 7:09 pm by Barsta
Your_momma wrote:
Now that I think about it: I think it is a little disrespectful / offensive towards Gallas to complain about SvW the way some people do here. Gallas has spent hours, days, weeks in tuning this mod - and the game is probably more fair than it has ever been. He should not have to answer to people who just come here and **** all over the place about how dissatisfied they are. Ive played this game since the beginning and it is better, richer, more fun and probably fairer than it has ever been. Of course there are some things imbalanced, but maybe come up with some solutions or try to find new ways of playing the game. Ty ;flowers

Welcome to the internet.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Barsta

Posted 8 August 2015 - 7:11 pm
I thought I would try it again yesterday and today to see if you changed anything. I see you have changed nothing. As for my arrogant style? I earned it though 17 years of playing AOC online. As for this map, if its so great try hosting it in the custom scenario room, with all the experienced players.

Experienced players? Read that as assholes ^^
Link | Reply | Quote
 Your_momma

Edited 8 August 2015 - 8:02 pm by Your_momma
@momma i can fight the above thing as both sheep and wolf but i instead choose to fight with wolves bcz just think u r a wolf and sheep killed bear and boar what will u do ? just do crocos

sheep calls it cheating??(this is not cheating )his partner is spending gold hes not getting gold for free he spends almost 1k gold..

if crocos are beign removed so then killign of boar and bear with towers should also be removed.

fair enough if no crocos then no killing of animals..

I dont understand a single word you are saying here. Please take the time to use proper English (id est: capitals, comma's and points at the end of sentences) and work on your rhetorics. If you meant: bear and boar are killed when wolf - learn to wolf better to prevent them getting killed. After you've improved wolving and grammar skills, come back to complain about whatever it is you are dissatisfied with.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]___CLAW

Edited 8 August 2015 - 8:36 pm by [MM]___CLAW
I never tried to insult gallas..im just expressing my views. ..

;flowers ;flowers. Wow nice try mommaa

Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]___CLAW

Edited 8 August 2015 - 8:39 pm by [MM]___CLAW
I never tried to insult gallas..im just expressing my views. I respect him a lot
I love svw more than anyone.

;flowers ;flowers. Wow nice try mommaa

Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]___CLAW

Posted 8 August 2015 - 8:35 pm
There is no need for u to understand.. its enough if gallas understand it
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ToK]kingjaguar

Posted 9 August 2015 - 3:09 pm
sheep v wolf wolf will never be fully fair that would be impossible in a hunt vs prey mod. even aoc itself in unfair. look at the unfair maps you can have in a black forest game. today i hade a map with 12 boar just for me.
I think the game is still great as it always has been. maybe it is some of the players that have gotten worse. stop complaning and have some fun.

Gallas thx for this fun mod and good luck

Link | Reply | Quote
12345[6]78
Displaying 76 - 90 out of 117 posts