Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Death Match > AoC - DM Announcement! Reset, Decay & New Ladders

AoC - DM Announcement! Reset, Decay & New Ladders

test4321

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:24 am
hi where do you get the 1.0e patch?
Link | Reply | Quote
 TheGodOfChaos

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:08 pm
great changes :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TyRanT]_Jidba

Posted 13 May 2013 - 1:20 am
Dont expect to see ELLaS_Jidba playing the new ladder .
Total **** of the worst wannabes ever .
This is a classic game with history
Not a well rising new game with a lot of players who playing all day and trying to explore the magic of the game.

NOOBS and WANNABES ENJOY YOUR NEW LADDER AND HAVE FUN

Jidba says to you

''BB NOOBS''
Link | Reply | Quote
 Leto_Rubik__

Posted 13 May 2013 - 1:55 am
dont you like the new top10? rofl
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Wk']AoM92

Edited 13 May 2013 - 2:06 am by [Wk']AoM92
Well as far as I remember you voted for new ladder and a small decay, (should I quote it?) on other aoc-dm forum. On the other hand I feel bad for you that you cant sit on your 7 akas in the top 10 it can be very fustrating, however new system is especially against that and it is a good idea. It wouldnt let you come back twice a year and thats all. It demands some activity which is good for the community.

BB
dont you like the new top10? 

rofl 111
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Edited 13 May 2013 - 2:12 am by Good
I agree with dane

New Ladder with small decay propably is the best idea

10 points if no play for 2 months

ELLaS_Jidba
Recent Matches
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors
16 January 2013

Really active at the top of the old DM ladder..............
Link | Reply | Quote
 asrgger

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:10 pm
Dont expect to see ELLaS_Jidba playing the new ladder .
Total **** of the worst wannabes ever .
This is a classic game with history
Not a well rising new game with a lot of players who playing all day and trying to explore the magic of the game.

NOOBS and WANNABES ENJOY YOUR NEW LADDER AND HAVE FUN

Jidba says to you

''BB NOOBS''

You've obviously spent too much time perfecting your skills rather than perfecting your personality.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PRieST__

Posted 15 May 2013 - 4:30 am
11... Yes i agree That is why Viper had opporunity to get so high fast every expert was playing him left right centre ... Zubis rating is 1.4k and along wtih all the pakis is because they DC too much.... And at the end of the day rating doesn't matter... for example ImComing 2K + But Josh and Christ and Tempo have all used his names i know for fact but his real rating 1800... Either way a player get judged for his skill not his rate example again stefos everyone know hes just 1800 too but he had 21k lol or TiMe 4 F1Re but everyone knew he was a 1 civ noob who was scared to mess with the big boys... or diablo who make 2.2k vs noob then finally decides to play experts and gets smashed back to 1900 where he belongs 111
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:11 pm
Lol Brad, loving the high life as DM No. 1 rofl
Link | Reply | Quote
 Pestilence_

Posted 15 May 2013 - 2:42 pm
ELO is meant to match similar rated players to one another. It's a tool, not a milestone. There's no reward for being the #1 rated player, there's only reward in winning tournaments.

ELO isn't designed for Jidba to add to his unpleasant nature by having 7 or so accounts in the top 10. I applaud the new changes, knock people like that off their perches and get them playing more actively. He'll come around, we're all stubborn with AOC when we've been playing it for a decade and haven't moved on. If not, it's his loss, not ours. There's no better competitive place for AOC than Voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Posted 15 May 2013 - 5:58 pm
ELO is meant to match similar rated players to one another. It's a tool, not a milestone. There's no reward for being the #1 rated player, there's only reward in winning tournaments.

ELO isn't designed for Jidba to add to his unpleasant nature by having 7 or so accounts in the top 10. I applaud the new changes, knock people like that off their perches and get them playing more actively. He'll come around, we're all stubborn with AOC when we've been playing it for a decade and haven't moved on. If not, it's his loss, not ours. There's no better competitive place for AOC than Voobly.

Well said, but the competitive nature of it means that the spin off will always include everyone wanting to check out who's number 1 and where they stand. This only really works well though, when the current no.1 is active. Like it is now.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PRieST__

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:56 am
i know u guys are from europe so u still log on and find games... AOE HD has more players than dm voobly even AOK DM on gameranger has more than AOC DM voobly i log in frequently afternoon and thre is 10 players online :/ even when i do log in the prime time i can sit in a 1v1 GA for 4hours and have nobody play me because all scared rooks its actually a complete waste of time...

dont know how long i will be around for
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Posted 16 May 2013 - 6:21 pm
PRieST__ wrote:
i know u guys are from europe so u still log on and find games... AOE HD has more players than dm voobly even AOK DM on gameranger has more than AOC DM voobly i log in frequently afternoon and thre is 10 players online :/ even when i do log in the prime time i can sit in a 1v1 GA for 4hours and have nobody play me because all scared rooks its actually a complete waste of time...

dont know how long i will be around for

That wasn't any different from before the recent improvements to the ratings though, was it?

I'll pass your note on about AOEHD for DM onto our Promoters to see if we can get any interest from there.....
Link | Reply | Quote
 SoliCe

Edited 16 May 2013 - 10:21 pm by SoliCe
At the end of the day, Priest, the problem we have on AoC DM is that the skill pool (high end) has greatly diminished. Thus at higher rating you will start to feel the strain in that you will get lower and lower returns because there are only maybe a handful of people that can compete to achieve 1750, 1800+.

The problem we have now is player dodging, which is greatly frustrating.

For example there are people in the 1v1 DM ladder that have played far less skilled players to gain a likewise 'high rating'.

When they achieve this rating, they don't want to play you, however.

My rating is reflective of playing a lot of good players, hence the number of losses I have in 1v1.

The same can definitely not be said for everyone else...

What we need is to prevent people from constantly farming noobs for 5-10 points a game. The cap on points gained for beating on low players needs to be amended. In WoW, if you are level 90 and you kill a level 60, 70, even 80, you will not get any experience. The same should be in Age of Empires... you should not gain points for killing a 1600 when you are 1750+... that will force people to play like-for-like players and not player dodge their way into the top 20.

It might turn people to point trading as a last resort but then those people will get named and shamed. I do not like it when a player with 1800 skill can boast 2k rating because they avoid good players. It undermines the point of being "rated".
Link | Reply | Quote
 _GoTHiC__

Posted 17 May 2013 - 7:49 am
the new ladders are ok for me but decay 14days is too short imo. better 2 months.
also speaking in generel voobly seems to enjoy reseting ladders ( AoK ladder got resetet 3-4 times i think - also old DM 1v1 ladder) so i dont see the point fighting for topspot if that ladder might be gone next year.
overall not even 10 persons voted for that reset on [You must login to view link] and i bet alot oldschoolers who will log on next months and realize ratings got restored will be pissed off and log off imidiatly

Link | Reply | Quote
1234[5]67
Displaying 61 - 75 out of 92 posts