Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Death Match > AoC - DM Announcement! Reset, Decay & New Ladders

AoC - DM Announcement! Reset, Decay & New Ladders

Good

Edited 5 May 2013 - 9:30 pm by Good
To all DMers!

Around Voobly, there have been some significant changes. Earlier this year the AoC RM Community came together and voted for a reset and implementation of a decay system on all ladders. Since then, the ladders have been reset with great success, a boost in activity in the RM lobby and the development of the decay system has been progressing with our developers.

At the same time as the RM Community voted for it's reset and decay, the DM Community also voted and approved a reset and decay system... Today, AoC DM lobby receives BOTH! The AoC DM Community will be the first ladders in AoC to receive the decay system!

What are the changes?
  1. "Death Match" Ladder Frozen : All of the current Death Match Ratings are stored as a sort of Hall of Fame. To view old Deathmatch ratings of a player, these can be seen in the players profiles.
  2. New DM Team Game Ladder : There is a significant split between players that only play team games and only play 1v1 in DM. Now, each type of player is represented on their own specific ladders.
  3. New DM 1v1 Ladder : 1v1 and Team Game ratings will now be more accurate with a new 1v1 ladder introduced.
  4. New DM Overall Ladder : This will be calculated based on the total of points a player has gained from the 1v1 and team game ladders.
  5. Decay System for Team Game Ladder : -10 points for every 14 days of inactivity, which would affect all users above 1800.
  6. Decay System for 1v1 Ladder : -20 points for every 14 days of inactivity, which would affect all users above 1800.
  7. Rated co-op not allowed in 1v1 matches : Recorded game forced "on" for 1v1 matches*.
    *Note: recorded games forced "on" will be introduced at a later date.

For further reading and more detailed explanations and discussions into the changes, particularly the decay system you should read the topic at the following link:-
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/130241

If you have any questions, please contact a Voobly Game Moderator.
Link | Reply | Quote
 SpankyTheMonkey

Edited 5 May 2013 - 9:42 pm by SpankyTheMonkey
You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 Piaf_

Posted 5 May 2013 - 10:43 pm
very very very very verrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy BAD idea.
Link | Reply | Quote
 canacel

Posted 5 May 2013 - 10:48 pm
Ridiculous.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 5 May 2013 - 11:38 pm
This topic is going to be so juicy.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Circa_Smurf

Posted 5 May 2013 - 11:48 pm
watch the dm community die even more rofl
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Posted 6 May 2013 - 12:14 am
Already an increase in number of matches being played per hour since the new ladders put in place. Great news.
Link | Reply | Quote
 TyrionTargaryen

Posted 6 May 2013 - 12:37 am
Is there a bug with recorded games where you can't target trees with siege onagers?
Link | Reply | Quote
 LePoop

Edited 6 May 2013 - 1:29 am by LePoop
Good wrote:
Already an increase in number of matches being played per hour since the new ladders put in place. Great news.
Well of course there's going to be increased activity for the first few days of a new ladder. After the intial boom t the activity almost always drops to slightly less than it was before due to the few who leave because of losing their rate. I don't know why people can't seem to understand this.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BzK]F1Re

Posted 6 May 2013 - 3:25 am
the most **** decision made by voobly mods ever. it wont work. mark my words. i wont play DM anymore for example. played like crazy to reach a lvl/rating to lose everything without a single pool vote ? nah gg gb
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 6 May 2013 - 3:27 am
LePoop wrote:
Well of course there's going to be increased activity for the first few days of a new ladder. After the intial boom t the activity almost always drops to slightly less than it was before due to the few who leave because of losing their rate. I don't know why people can't seem to understand this.

ur a nutc
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Wk']AoM92

Posted 6 May 2013 - 3:41 am
[BzK]F1Re wrote:
the most **** decision made by voobly mods ever. it wont work. mark my words. i wont play DM anymore for example. played like crazy to reach a lvl/rating to lose everything without a single pool vote ? nah gg gb

We have already told it some times now I tell you again a forum was open for like 6 months to vote and to suggest new ideas not just here but on another forums as well. Change was also advertised in lobby, however some of players do not even bothered to check it which is not our fault.
Still the majority of the voters voted for change the system also most of the top players agreed with it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BzK]F1Re

Posted 6 May 2013 - 4:01 am
u should stfu prist no one cares about ur opinion, u lil spoiled kid. dont say what u dont know bro and well i may not have high lvl, but i killed u some times so its ok. go fk ur self. dm guys are worthless. and well, now dm is more dead than ever. ah and pls, try to play RM a lil and see if u can even ONE time in ur damn fking life kill me. i can delete 2 vills at the begginig. cya bro.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Antu

Edited 6 May 2013 - 8:14 am by Antu
Finally ! Well Done ! ;yahoo
Link | Reply | Quote
 DestroyerZz

Posted 6 May 2013 - 9:59 am
Very poor Idea. Believe me there will be decline in number of players after this decision.
Suggest u to GB

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]234567
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 92 posts