Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Death Match > AoC - DM Announcement! Reset, Decay & New Ladders

AoC - DM Announcement! Reset, Decay & New Ladders

SoliCe

Posted 7 May 2013 - 9:32 am
Haha this is a funny display for the DM community...

I don't know the number of times I must of been knocked for caring about rating, now even people like ZiK who has a legacy at 1500 is crying like a baby. You should be glad of the reset; YOU GAINED POINTS.

This reset was needed. However I would ask that Good gets some tournaments going to inject some points in for the higher tier players or else 2k is going to be really hard. E.g win tourney, get 100 points.

F1Re quit being such a baby. You seem really inactive and I'm with Priest in that I couldn't care less. You sit in DM lobby thinking your great with your DM/RM rate, but you only play huns war and since 2.1K you hardly play 1v1. You hardly play 1v1 in RM on that name either, I think. How long has it been 1972 rating or whatever? Don't trash the DM community; you were never really a part of it anyway...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Pestilence_

Posted 7 May 2013 - 12:35 pm
We're looking for respectful Dm players to help out @ VCOM to provide Voobly tournaments for Dm. We've been doing this for a while, but nobody wants to put their hand up. The last tournament was hosted by the CS section (mainly Army1) based on Dm experts feedback for map settings and civilizations. It's best if Dm people handle Dm tournaments.

You don't have to be 2k, you just need to be in touch with the Dm community and understand what will work best. Unbiased and respectful. Let's hope we can get some people on board for the sake of Dm.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ___ZIK___

Posted 7 May 2013 - 2:48 pm
SoliCe wrote:
Haha this is a funny display for the DM community...

I don't know the number of times I must of been knocked for caring about rating, now even people like ZiK who has a legacy at 1500 is crying like a baby. You should be glad of the reset; YOU GAINED POINTS.

This reset was needed. However I would ask that Good gets some tournaments going to inject some points in for the higher tier players or else 2k is going to be really hard. E.g win tourney, get 100 points.

F1Re quit being such a baby. You seem really inactive and I'm with Priest in that I couldn't care less. You sit in DM lobby thinking your great with your DM/RM rate, but you only play huns war and since 2.1K you hardly play 1v1. You hardly play 1v1 in RM on that name either, I think. How long has it been 1972 rating or whatever? Don't trash the DM community; you were never really a part of it anyway...

Solice whynt u stick to ur gay RM and stay out of DM issues punk. Anytime u like ill rape ur RM ass
Link | Reply | Quote
 SoliCe

Posted 7 May 2013 - 2:58 pm
We're looking for respectful Dm players to help out @ VCOM to provide Voobly tournaments for Dm. We've been doing this for a while, but nobody wants to put their hand up. The last tournament was hosted by the CS section (mainly Army1) based on Dm experts feedback for map settings and civilizations. It's best if Dm people handle Dm tournaments.

You don't have to be 2k, you just need to be in touch with the Dm community and understand what will work best. Unbiased and respectful. Let's hope we can get some people on board for the sake of Dm.

VCOM needs to enable those running the tournaments with some sort of power to be able to reward players. Not membershipnecessarily, but through points. I think it would be a very successful way to inject points into a very straved ladder (due to low player numbers) and at the same time increase interest. I would put myself forward but not without this kind of support. It could be requested/confirmed at each tournament by a "head mod" or what have you, but simply running a tournament without incentive is not appealing or helpful to a now limping community.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Pestilence_

Posted 7 May 2013 - 4:41 pm
I'm sure we can arrange that as long as conditions are met. We wouldn't award 100 points to a 8 player turn-out, if you know what I mean. With decay in the ladders, I see no reason why not to involve points as a reward for Dm specifically.
Link | Reply | Quote
 SoliCe

Edited 7 May 2013 - 6:31 pm by SoliCe
No, of course; it would have to be proportionate to the number of players participating. What I was thinking was a tournament that is run at the same time, same day (each week) with a variety of maps (not simply Arabia, BF, Michi) that included some of the less common (gold rush, regicide, arena, islands) to spruce up what players have to learn strategy-wise. I think this might help ease the bridge from Age 2 HD and RM communities to having a go at DM on Voobly. For those that don't like it, wait until Arabia rolls round (or if the community 'demands it', add a few more Arabia based or 'high-profile' Arabia games that bring more seasoned gamers to play.

We can talk at more length about it if Voobly consider a points-based reward system. I'll make my application later this evening. Thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ___ZIK___

Posted 8 May 2013 - 12:45 pm
SoliCe wrote:
No, of course; it would have to be proportionate to the number of players participating. What I was thinking was a tournament that is run at the same time, same day (each week) with a variety of maps (not simply Arabia, BF, Michi) that included some of the less common (gold rush, regicide, arena, islands) to spruce up what players have to learn strategy-wise. I think this might help ease the bridge from Age 2 HD and RM communities to having a go at DM on Voobly. For those that don't like it, wait until Arabia rolls round (or if the community 'demands it', add a few more Arabia based or 'high-profile' Arabia games that bring more seasoned gamers to play.

We can talk at more length about it if Voobly consider a points-based reward system. I'll make my application later this evening. Thanks.

I'll make my application later this evening. Thanks

rofl

Solice were u beaten up in school for no reason? I have a strong feeling u were...
Link | Reply | Quote
 PR_Green

Posted 8 May 2013 - 4:13 pm
Quote:
Solice were u beaten up in school for no reason? I have a strong feeling u were...

I'm sure you were a real cool kid in whatever special needs school you attended ;4hat
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ RTF ]AppLe_G

Posted 8 May 2013 - 5:54 pm
Inactivity lol ;P
Link | Reply | Quote
 ___ZIK___

Posted 8 May 2013 - 7:26 pm
PR_Green wrote:
I'm sure you were a real cool kid in whatever special needs school you attended ;4hat

How did u know i atteneded a special need school???=) =) =)

I had a special need yes... for your momma... ok son?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ServerError

Edited 8 May 2013 - 7:37 pm by ServerError
___ZIK___ wrote:
How did u know i atteneded a special need school???=) =) =)

I had a special need yes... for your momma... ok son?

M
O
R
O
N
Link | Reply | Quote
 Pestilence_

Posted 8 May 2013 - 7:43 pm
Can we keep this about the Dm changes instead of yo momma jokes? Call each other out in your own topics.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ServerError

Posted 8 May 2013 - 8:49 pm
Can we keep this about the Dm changes instead of yo momma jokes? Call each other out in your own topics.

Yo momma doesn't seem to mind us chatting about it
Link | Reply | Quote
 Pestilence_

Posted 8 May 2013 - 8:51 pm
Yeah, she doesn't have use for a mind anymore.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [UL_King]Arthur

Edited 9 May 2013 - 10:05 am by [UL_King]Arthur
___ZIK___ wrote:
Guys this is really bad< who cares if rates haventbeen reset since 2006?
[You must login to view link] cant tell whos a good player and whos not which is ruining games for everyone coz we getting raving berry pickers who ruin the game.

2. If we decide to have a team game or a 1 v 1 and players either join or leave we need to gb to reset the settings. Really????

3. its not fun anymore...
Agree with Zik. GB is the best solution. Voobly Staff must respect old players and their rateds. New players have to adapt to old rules and rateds, NOT THE OPPOSITE!;glare

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]4567
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 92 posts