RCB Gold 2013 v4

_Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 14 May 2013 - 12:58 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
well hey if donnie says he wouldn't have rated it... then it must be a good map. I think almost anyone who payed any attention to the map pack around the time, knows that donnie being a mod was the biggest mistake to ever happen to Voobly. Quite blatantly incompetent, ignorant, bias, and impractical (though he probably doesn't understand half those words).
But anyways, (back to the topic) its pretty reasonably obvious based on; fair/equal gameplay (civ bonus' + store prices), reduced exploits/bugs, and (probably most of all) reduced freezing, that the new version that Weapon would work on if he gets the well-earned donations, would be a far superior map.
How can you blame someone for asking for a little contribution to improve something that everyone involved benefits from? thats just generally how the decent part of this world works...

1+

Someone else should take over since it's fairly obvious I'm not going to get any donations. I'm not going to do it for free either because I rarely play the game nowadays and I'm probably going to take a long break along with straight out not really being able due to time and financial constraints. Everything I plan to change from the 2013 v3 map is listed in the first post here. Someone else should take up the reigns that still loves the game/map.

I would also suggest PIN3 rerates 2013 v3 because for one I never said it should be unrated and 2011 should just be rated temporarily for those that want to play it until I made 2013 v3 more like it (i.e. no undead bombard in 1v1 games, units instantly available). 2011 is just horribly balanced as of now though... I'd remove the fireship, disable center bombards for teams and 1v1, plus decrease its timer to 90 seconds from 120, have tiny island units instantly available with stats like the 2011 units... I still say anti-delete doesn't need to be gone through and is functioning just fine; the way I tested it is infallible.

RCB has always gone through various changes over time by a variety of people. It definitely has been a community map because of the potential there. I definitely think it's one of the best if not the best CS map. However, it's time for someone else to give it a go due to the above.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:09 pm
Sad day. No one is going to take over editing?

Hopefully it doesn't die then... The geniotur in 2011 did help balance out civs (but was grossly unfair vs brits) but in 2013 it wasn't needed due to fair civ king amounts and autobalance. If no one is seriously going to do it maybe I can get to it in October...maybe. Not making a promise.

PIN3, do the community a favor and at least make some minimal changes to 2013 for now or add the genitour back into 2011 (you'll need separate triggers for civs that get bloodlines though) along with something to compensate the disadvantage for the brits (not sure what... maybe a missionary with double hp instead of a friar).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]ChironAge

Posted 20 May 2013 - 1:43 am
I may be able to take over editing ;doofy
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 20 May 2013 - 6:23 am
if you know rcb and how to edit well and are willing, you should go for it.
If not, maybe I could start again,,, somewhat. though I think I have a procrastination problem and could end up not getting around to it for awhile. I still haven't even finished doing my taxes and its 20 days past the deadline...
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 20 May 2013 - 7:32 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
if you know rcb and how to edit well and are willing, you should go for it.
If not, maybe I could start again,,, somewhat. though I think I have a procrastination problem and could end up not getting around to it for awhile. I still haven't even finished doing my taxes and its 20 days past the deadline...

I randomly decided I'll try and squeeze in editing here and there:

I think I'll not be an asshole and try and work on it again. It's probably not best for me to try to shove it off on someone else anyways since I, at this time for 2013, have the most familiarity with the way I did things. I did say that this next edit will be my last and I feel like I kind of owe it to the community since I've dragged them along these last couple years. After that though someone should absolutely take over editing but there probably won't be any need, lol. I guess the major reason for my hesitation was because it's not just a normal edit for 2013 and the amount of things I'd planned to do is tantamount to redoing the whole thing and then some. I guess I'll work on it for an hour or so here or there so at least it can be done sometime this summer.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]thunderbird

Posted 22 May 2013 - 1:48 pm
Just Do It!
it worked for nike it might work for rcbv4.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 22 May 2013 - 8:00 pm by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
Just Do It!
it worked for nike it might work for rcbv4.

Disabling every looped trigger when it can be disabled should be the penultimate way to prevent freezing. Every Sunday I'm going to work on it for three hours so if it isn't done in... 42 hours I'll just have to continue working on it in the fall. It should be done sometime before next year at least.

(note to self: can't have more than 200 effects in a trigger)
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 23 May 2013 - 8:41 am
Played a couple games of 2011. You guys deserve better than that. So many little things make 2013 better and plus the kings amounts in 2011 straight up aren't fair. I should've looked over 2011 again before PIN3 rated it... then again I never knew he was going to unrate 2013 v3. Anyways, playing those games gave me a little more motivation... think I'll work on it 4 hours every Sunday now.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Edited 25 May 2013 - 7:36 am by Is_this_my_name
I think 2013v3 should still be rated rather than 2011, if it has to be one or the other (which it shouldnt have to be) until youre done the new version. whatever problems there was with 2013 is outweighed by problems with 2011...
I think PINE should change it back or leave both for now.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]ChironAge

Posted 27 May 2013 - 5:36 am
I think 2013v3 should still be rated rather than 2011, if it has to be one or the other (which it shouldnt have to be) until youre done the new version. whatever problems there was with 2013 is outweighed by problems with 2011...
I think PINE should change it back or leave both for now.

+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Infidel_

Posted 31 May 2013 - 7:05 am
Wallace should be less hp/ap if you're going to replace theo with him; 3 ap, 4 hp probably.

You should remove the haystacks with the remove wall buy.

Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 3 June 2013 - 1:35 am
I'll be doing testing of the map this coming Friday (6/7/13) if anyone wants to join in. Be online at about 7 CST.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 5 June 2013 - 2:18 am
I changed Theo to Wallace but it just isn't going to work. Wallace don't group up well which I can see being a major issue when you're trying to enter a base. I'll just give Theo the movement speed tech for infantry along with +5 hp instead of 4.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]thunderbird

Posted 5 June 2013 - 1:02 pm
Theo's are pretty good they way they are..Am i missing anything?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 5 June 2013 - 6:03 pm
Theo's are pretty good they way they are..Am i missing anything?

The main issues people have are:

For 11 kings:

They're slower than beli and william

They barely beat William

I wouldn't be opposed to a minor buff of 5/6 hp instead of 4 along with the infantry speed tech.

Link | Reply | Quote
12345678910[11]12
Displaying 151 - 165 out of 177 posts