Voobly Live Streaming Guide
This page can be displayed in the following languages:
Voobly now offers support to stream your games live. Live streaming often allows for exciting commentary and the opportunity to discuss and learn new strategies. By offering live streaming, Voobly hopes to connect gamers around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch and chat while playing online.
When your personal stream is set up and live, it will appear under the "Live Stream" tab on your Voobly profile. This broadcast allows other Voobly members to watch your game play live as it is happening. When in a game lounge, any game rooms with live streams available will be denoted with a red icon . You can just right-click on the player's name and select "View Live Stream" to watch. For your convenience, there is also a complete list of all games being streamed on Voobly that can be found under the ""Live Stream"" tab on our homepage.
Streaming on Voobly is achieved by using a screen capturing program to broadcast your game through a streaming service (e.g. [You must login to view link]). In other words, programs like OBS are used to capture a live video of everything happening on your computer screen, while Twitch tv is a website that displays that video stream, which will directly broadcast the stream on your Voobly profile after linking your Voobly account with your Twich tv account. Although this may sound complicated, it is very easy to set up using the steps found below.
- A dual-core processor (CPU) at 2.0 Ghz (Control Panel -> System)
- At least 1.0 Mbps internet upload speed. ([You must login to view link])
- A DirectX 10 compatible graphics card (GPU) (Windows Search: dxdiag.exe)
- A quad-core processor (CPU) at 2.5 Ghz or more (Control Panel -> System)
- At least 2.0 Mbps internet upload speed. ([You must login to view link])
To begin streaming you will need to create a Twitch tv account, link your Twitch tv account to your Voobly account, download and setup a streaming program and correctly configure your game room settings. This is much easier than it sounds if you follow the easy steps below.
Setup a Twitch TV account
- Visit www.twitch.tv and use the "Sign Up" button at the top to create an account. If you have any difficulties at this point, you can take a look at Twitch's [You must login to view link].
Link Twitch to Voobly
Once you have your Twitch tv account set up, you will need to link it to your Voobly profile.
Step 1: Open the Voobly homepage and click Settings in the menu header. (see image below)
Step 2: Enter your Twitch tv username in the "TwitchTV Username" area.(see image below)
Step 3: Scroll down and click on the blue button stating "Save Changes".
Set up your stream using Open Broadcaster Software
Although there are various capturing programs to choose from, we recommend using [You must login to view link] (OBS). If you are bound to use [You must login to view link],[You must login to view link] or other programs due to your graphics card not supporting DirectX 10, please refer to the [You must login to view link].
- Download & install [You must login to view link]
- Open OBS (32bit or 64bit version according to your system)
- In the white box in the bottom corner on the left ("Scenes:"), there should already be a "Scene" (if not, right-click and select "Add Scene".)
- Right-click in the box next to it ("Sources:"), select "Add" and "Monitor Capture" (2nd option).
Quality Balance: (becomes irrelevant by checking "Use CBR")
Enable CBR Padding: Yes
Max Bitrate: Use [You must login to view link] to find out about your upload speed and take ~85% of the result as your bitrate. Max bitrate twitch allows: 3500. Example: 1.0 Mbps -> Bitrate: 850 ) remember to close everything that could cause unnecessary upload (file-sharing, skype, spotify);
Use Custom Buffer Size: No
Audio: AAC Codec + 128 Bitrate (or more, if your upload can handle it)
- Broadcast Settings
Streaming Service: Twitch / Justin .tv
FMS URL: Make sure to choose the server with the lowest average ping - [You must login to view link] is a good tool for this
Play Path/Stream Key: Retrieve your "Stream Key" from your Twitch Dashboard and click on "Show Key"
Minimize Network Impact: No (only if your bitrate is less than 900)
Filter: Bilinear (Fastest)
Disable Aero: Yes (Windows 7 only).
Process Priority Class: Above Normal (as long as it doesn't inflict on your mouse movement or gives you command lag)
Scene Buffering Time: 700
Disable encoding while previewing: No
Allow modifiers on hotkeys: Yes
x264 CPU Preset: veryfast (superfast for older/slower CPUs; faster/fast for stronger ones)
x264 Encoding Profile: main
Keyframe Interval: 2
Use CFR: Yes
Custom x264 Encoder Settings: lol
Configure Voobly game room settings
Before streaming and launching your game, you will need to confiure your game room settings to complete the set up process for streaming. Follow the two steps below to set up game room settings.
- Step 1: Click on the "Game" button at the top of your game room.
- Step 2: Select "DirectX" and check "Render in 32 bit color", "Start in Window-Mode" (Requires 32-bit) and in "Advanced Features" check "Hide windows title bar and move window to 0px,0px" and "Lock cursor inside game window".
Bridging Twitch Tv and Irc chat with in-game chat
[Work in progress]
It is also possible to use Twitch Tv chat commands through Voobly and Age of empires to moderate your chat and help keep those annoying users at bay.
- % : this is how you chat, %hi sends the message "hi" to the channel
- %/ban nickname: Ban the given user from your channel
- %/unban nickname: Unban the given user from your channel
- %/mod nickname: Grant moderator status to the given user
- %/unmod nickname: Revoke moderator status to the given user
- %/mods: retrieves the current list of mods
- %/showchat: shows all chat in the chat room
- %/hidechat: hides all chat in chat room
- %/commercial: Make all viewers who normally watch commercials see a commercial right now
- %/hidechat: Hide Twitch chat from gameroom or game
- %/showchat added show previously hidden chat in gameroom or game
- @nickname: sends a pm to the given player (Gameroom/Lobby)
- @@message: respond to the last player to send you PM (Gameroom/Lobby)
- `message: sends a message to team (Gameroom/Lobby)
The intent of the live streaming feature is for the purpose streaming games being played on Voobly only. Please activate your stream for these types of cases only. Voobly explicitly prohibits the use of live streaming for the purpose of advertising or displaying adult content. All material listed under our Terms of Service that you agreed to upon creating an account at Voobly, applies to live streaming. Voobly reserves the right to disable any stream at any time as they feel necessary. Continued abuse with streaming may result in even further action.
If you have something you think would be beneficial for the community to stream that doesn't meet this criteria, please get permission from the moderation staff.
Last updated on 13 July 2016 - 4:37 am by
2 User(s) are reading this document (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 2 guests
0 members, 2 guests
What's popular right now:
PandaTV_243001's Profile (29 users)
Nicov's Profile (17 users)
8euRo's Profile (8 users)
VooblyCN and HawkAoC (7 users)
Any old Zone players around? (5 users)
Tell me your mouse (5 users)
Blood League Information (4 users)
Most legendary aoe player (4 users)
Word Association (4 users)
How to change AoE language to En... (4 users)