Cannot launch. Voobly says "Everything is fine"

MrBadMass

Edited 28 April 2024 - 11:33 pm by MrBadMass
Hey,

I am looking for assistance getting AoM EE compatible with Voobly. I found the compatibility patch and followed this thread to try and troubleshoot it myself. (https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/355225)

I followed the steps listed that from that thread and Voobly is saying everything looks good. Of course, I own EE on steam and discovered Voobly is the best way to play so here I am.

I noticed running the compatibility patch creates the AoM folder inside C:/ Microsoft Games / Age of mythology folder when following the instructions. I am not sure what else to try so I am reaching out for suggestions. I did not get prompted to select a file path the second time I tried join the AoT lobby in Voobly, even after I uninstalled it. But again, the message says it checks out and it's patched to 1.03. Could the file path be the problem? What other information can I provide to help figure out what is happening?

Also, I did disable anti-cheat mode to see if I could at least get the game to launch; was not successful.
I appreciate your time looking into this and any assistance you can provide.
Attachments:
Everything fine.jpg (file size: 152.75 KB)
Steps.jpg (file size: 92.35 KB)
Fail.png (file size: 71.34 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 MrBadMass

Edited 29 April 2024 - 1:04 am by MrBadMass
From the other tread I read, it was advised to use the Microsoft Games directory, but my system looks like it selected Voobly>gamedata>AoMt which I suspect is the culprit. I do not know how to change the directory Voobly is looking in. There seem to be no option to change it.

Updating as I go, I found the rockalldll.dll from the original steam folder for AoM and put it in the Voobly directory for the "patched" voobly version. When I tried to launch again, it said granny.dll was missing this time. I repeated the same process and found the granny.dll and dropped in the voobly directory. Now its mss32.dll that is missing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I was not getting these errors the first time around but have been since I started trouble shooting.

If it's a bad install I don't know what else to try. I uninstalled AoM from steam, deleted the Age of mythology folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mytholog. Then deleted the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology. I even uninstall Voobly to run a fresh start up. I open steam and run the game once. Then I run compatibility for EE, then patch AoM T for 1.03 standalone. Run Voobly and get those errors.

When I install Voobly and update the patch for AoM it created C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\gamedata\aomt. When I run the compatibility for EE it creates C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology.

There is a documents folder that was named C:\Users\conno\OneDrive\Documents\Age of Mythology. I renamed to AoM.

Trying to provide as much information as I can.

Attachments:
Dll.jpg (file size: 15.56 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 29 April 2024 - 3:25 pm
Duplicate: https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/355784

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts