How to change the game path?

nub123

Posted 27 July 2017 - 4:52 pm
I picked the wrong game path when I first entered the lobby, and now I can't seem to find a way to change it. How do I change the game path?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Posted 27 July 2017 - 5:01 pm
Hi
Quote:
Open your %programfiles% and find your game directory and just rename the folder (something as you like) and then join your game lobby, Voobly Game Diagnostics Tool dialog box will pop-up and asks you to browse and locate your exact game directory path (executable file) location. so yeah from that you can change and you're done.
Regards, :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 nub123

Posted 27 July 2017 - 5:28 pm
It worked! Thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Posted 27 July 2017 - 5:42 pm
Your Welcome :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 thatsdanish

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:57 am
I still cant change it form this method
PSW : game is insgalled in Program Files X86.

Also, i m tryhing to run AOE African Kingdoms V 4.4.0 , does voobly support it ?

Thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 nub123

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:55 am
I still cant change it form this method
PSW : game is insgalled in Program Files X86.

Also, i m tryhing to run AOE African Kingdoms V 4.4.0 , does voobly support it ?

Thanks
Try to find the path which voobly points to (it might not necessarily where your install is, if you entered the wrong location). Then break the path somehow(like renaming a folder in the path), and then start voobly and enter a lobby. It should now let you pick a new path.

To use (steam)HD install in voobly you need a compitability patch (https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch)

To use (steam) HD civs like African Kingdoms in voobly check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecrQUY9vTps

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts