RCB 2022 map

[XceL]Donnie

Edited 31 May 2022 - 1:07 am by [XceL]Donnie
Changes:

Fix p2 spawn units not working (For all players, your first two bought heroes will automatically spawn on the available spawn points)

Archer of eyes -
No Bracer researched.

No more losing units you bought if you buy monk/skrim/scout/mini at same time.

Settings area: Use king to
Hotkey all skrims to 9
Hotkey all regular monks to 8

Ability to re-wall your spawn unit so it doesn't get selected and stop spawning.

Attachments:
=V= RCB 2022 v5.scx (file size: 143.65 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]Donnie

Posted 28 March 2022 - 11:12 pm
anyways try it and see if the changes are good or what
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]Donnie

Edited 3 April 2022 - 8:14 pm by [XceL]Donnie
added map back, fixed bugs I can only really test p1 by myself so let me know if you find a bug.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RiversPlate

Posted 3 May 2022 - 6:22 am
fix boat bug units disapear when someone purchase 21. and fix red spawn u buy hero and unit dont step at spawn automaticaly, u had to doit manual
Link | Reply | Quote
 baby_cheesus

Edited 8 May 2022 - 6:56 pm by baby_cheesus
I would only do these to the current map. I feel like the store up top with the huge space is too big of a gap and people wouldn't like it. Idk. Up to what they vote on.

Change suggestions / talking points:

* If a player gets harald, delete the invincible castles. Same thing for khan. Really I think it'd be interesting if you deleted the invincible castles if anyone has a hero 9 kings or above. Maybe with the exception of tamerlane... tamerlane is inbetween.
* Charlemagne/robin/subo just aren't really bought that much anymore... I'm not sure why. It seems like everyone goes straight khan or william/theo. This should be addressed somehow. Maybe give these lower units bonus ap/defense against the higher units in fair mod?
* remove palisade wall should only cost 1 king. I could see people buying it just because then... **** with people who are guarding their base.
* remove haystacks at the front of the base by gates. encourage less camping and more potential boating.
* weaken archers of the eyes
* I would buff mordred a bit, think I weakened him too much from what he was.
* bugs related to 16 min units (change it to explicitly expect a king/furious the monkey boy)
* reimplement the antiblocking triggers / fix them. I don't think it's good that people can bunch up kings in harald spot. You weren't always able to do that and it makes it really hard to count kings. Same thing for your version if you reduce collison... not the best idea. I think I disabled the antiblocking due to a bug... can't remember what it was though.

The main talking point is weaker units (charlemagne,robin,subo). I really wonder if a drastic change such as doing a blanket increase of all king costs for units 9 and above by 1 would be a good idea. It's been talked about before but never tried. I don't know if exactly this specific implementation was discussed but it's an interesting idea. It will likely result in pissing too many people off though and reducing the player base even further. Maybe you could give robin/charlemagne/subo bonus hp/ap in a longer time frame... like 5 mins and don't have it be that much... that amount of tweaking though it's probably better to do it in the fair mod. You can do it somehow...where they have bonus attack against certain units... I've forgotten how though. You have to of course worry about brits being too godly, same for aztec charlemagne.

Slight buffs of charlemagne/robin/subo + deleting invincible castles for units 9 and above (minus maybe tamerlane) might be enough to even things out more. This is the other major talking point.

All I got.

Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 8 May 2022 - 6:00 pm
I also didn't consider how the above suggestions would affect 1v1 / teams. I don't have that knowledge.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RiversPlate

Posted 8 May 2022 - 8:49 pm
bizantine BBT had like 5 k hp at start
Link | Reply | Quote
 ZomBunny

Edited 8 May 2022 - 9:00 pm by ZomBunny
-gates needs limit
-power units needs ap/hp limits
-remove palisades must remove bigger place
-kings can move 1.5x faster
-close chat in game
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy_R__

Posted 8 May 2022 - 10:01 pm
gets rid of:
geni
mordred
frankish
super scout
beli
william
theo
archer
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 8 May 2022 - 10:06 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
gets rid of:
geni
mordred
frankish
super scout
beli
william
theo
archer

I don't know what you mean by this.

I could see removing invincible castles making someone more vulnerable to a genitour since castles do bonus attack vs it with Fair mod.

Maybe the deleted castles should be replaced with a regular castle... that might confuse non-english speakers though so maybe replace it with the Accursed Tower. I had the Accursed Tower at the back of the base at one point to prevent spawn blocking/feeding. Would be a callback to that of sorts.
bizantine BBT had like 5 k hp at start

At start exactly? Or was it after 1.5 minutes?

I believe it needs to detect a cataphract in order to adjust the byz bombard hp so if you don't produce a unit it's an exploit of sorts.
Link | Reply | Quote
 poker247

Posted 8 May 2022 - 10:11 pm
ZomBunny wrote:
-gates needs limit
-power units needs ap/hp limits
-remove palisades must remove bigger place
-kings can move 1.5x faster
-close chat in game

limit number of gates just like palisades and put a limit to max ap/hp for power up heroes to reduce camping
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 9 May 2022 - 2:19 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
poker247 wrote:
limit number of gates just like palisades and put a limit to max ap/hp for power up heroes to reduce camping

How many gates?

Two/three rows + front + side + extra(?)?

Also, if memory serves right, there isn't just one "gate" in the scenario editor... there's like 4 different ones. So I don't know how you'd aggregate 4 different things taking into account all the different positions.

Donnie do you know?

I'm guessing this is why this hasn't been done in the past.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]xAwaKeNg

Edited 9 May 2022 - 2:27 am by [7th]xAwaKeNg
I don't know what you mean by this.

I could see removing invincible castles making someone more vulnerable to a genitour since castles do bonus attack vs it with Fair mod.

Maybe the deleted castles should be replaced with a regular castle... that might confuse non-english speakers though so maybe replace it with the Accursed Tower. I had the Accursed Tower at the back of the base at one point to prevent spawn blocking/feeding. Would be a callback to that of sorts.

At start exactly? Or was it after 1.5 minutes?

I believe it needs to detect a cataphract in order to adjust the byz bombard hp so if you don't produce a unit it's an exploit of sorts.
he just want turn it into 10 legion nvm him

limit gates lol
noobs suggestions better than those pros
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy_R__

Posted 9 May 2022 - 7:32 pm
yeah, you think they're valuable, as long as they only agree with you lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 baby_cheesus

Edited 11 May 2022 - 10:29 pm by baby_cheesus
If I was still editing the map I would do the following for the next update:

* delete invincible castles when a hero of cost 9 or above is purchased on the top store (excluding tamerlane)
* fix uber unit / kings issue on tiny store (explicitly check for king/furiousthemonkeyboy in the trigger)
* the archers of eyes nerf might be better in fair mod to tweak it more. Unsure of impacts/specifics... just make them slower/weaker/can't bunch as well or something. Issue is imo people don't rush anymore so they let people get away with noob ass archers of eyes.
* add to task in top store to redirect kings to center for each player that triggers every 5 minutes or so... or fix antiblocking, its not intended for people to be able to bunch up and hide kings in harald spot... not sure if you can do that in other spots like khan
* remove wall / unit to left and right of spawn buy to 1 king from 2
* add the ability to research conversion resistance and converted units die for 1 king on the right store... I think there's enough space near the treb/villager. Just remove a haystack and put a single flag... I think this is needed for games where you're forced to early imperial and can't afford a villager for reasons / don't want to waste the kings. Could potentially add walling around pyramid to it. Maybe for 2 kings could add 3-4 bombards to front/back of pyramid. Not sure if a 2 king buy would fit. 1 king with Wall around pyramid and monastery researches seems decent. Make it a single buy, nonlooping trigger.
* changing king amounts up top is probably a bad idea... if that was done it should've been done years ago... I feel like doing it now would cripple the player base even more. Any tweaks to strength / interactions between top store heroes should be done in fair mod... maybe the only thing you could do is give another refund of sorts to buying charlemagne/robin... I think it'd be possible to give like a half king if you gave them 25 kills... or more interesting is maybe giving x kills/2 minutes. Would be hard to get right... probably a small buff to help them would be better. Slightly buff movement speed for both. I know I did that in the past and reduced them. I'd have to check fair mod logs.
* mass sending of kings is okay as long as you limit the ability to hide kings... probably not possible if they have really small collision and can stack on top of one another
* rewall spawn is a good idea if you want to go through the hassle of doing it
* fixing p2 tasking hero to spawn... at least look at it. I have a memory of looking at tasking this multiple times... odd that p2 doesn't work... I thought all except p6 worked

These really small changes will change the gameplay quite a bit. I have spoken.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 24 posts