RCB 2022 map

[XceL]Donnie

Posted 11 May 2022 - 11:59 pm
How many gates?

Two/three rows + front + side + extra(?)?

Also, if memory serves right, there isn't just one "gate" in the scenario editor... there's like 4 different ones. So I don't know how you'd aggregate 4 different things taking into account all the different positions.

Donnie do you know?

I'm guessing this is why this hasn't been done in the past.

yes theres a group for gates instead of picking a specific one.
Link | Reply | Quote
 baby_cheesus

Posted 17 May 2022 - 3:23 am
Also, if a player gets 1k kills or more delete the undead castles. Or do it after a certain amount of time in the game.

Too much camping, not enough rushing. It will be a fun change in a variety of ways.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Eddy1

Posted 17 May 2022 - 2:00 pm
Also, if a player gets 1k kills or more delete the undead castles. Or do it after a certain amount of time in the game.

Too much camping, not enough rushing. It will be a fun change in a variety of ways.

I've been saying this for years. lol

The only purpose of those castles is to promote camping.
Link | Reply | Quote
 baby_cheesus

Edited 18 May 2022 - 7:48 pm by baby_cheesus
nevermind. ignore this. I somehow quoted myself.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]Donnie

Posted 28 May 2022 - 9:20 pm
Changes:

Fix p2 spawn units not working (For all players, your first two bought heroes will automatically spawn on the available spawn points)

Archer of eyes -
No Bracer researched.

Settings area: Use king to
Hotkey all skrims to 9
Hotkey all regular monks to 8

Ability to re-wall your spawn unit so it doesn't get selected and stop spawning.

try please
Link | Reply | Quote
 baby_cheesus

Edited 29 May 2022 - 6:35 pm by baby_cheesus
I would also question nhoobish's change of reducing Tamerlane HP. Any future version of the map should focus on getting people out of their bases more. Make it more of a free for all rather than camp fest. Tamerlane helped a lot with that in the past. It was quite OP though.

Ideally, I'd like to see more rushing and less camping. Remove undead castles with purchase of khan, harald, global. Potentially all units 9 and above with exception of Tamerlane. 1.3k kills too.

With Archers of Eyes too... pretty sure Fair Mod log says they should be 35hp but they're higher. That was way after my changes. Removing bracer could be replaced with researching castle age techs automatically. Unsure though, I kind of regret having them in the map period. I'm not sure of their proper placement and utility.

I mentioned in the other thread that the powered up respawning Khan is weird too. Another nhoobish change. Suchen said its good for 2v2 so it should be kept in for that if changed.

Mass transfer of kings is a good feature. Honestly, maybe the king counts for all stores should be somewhere. It would help non pro players since having to manage counting progress on top of everything is pretty hard. Pros would probably dislike that though. I like potentially not losing kings but the expanded area in this map is way too big to keep track... and it'll be much harder with collision changes.

In a few months I plan to think about changes much more in depth. Hopefully there will be more feedback on these discussion threads by then too. I'm probably not playing till then.

I'm curious about the tournament data too. Should show what needs to be thought about more in terms of civ balance. Should be a pretty good indicator since most of those games have been 8 players I think.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]AwakeNg

Edited 30 May 2022 - 5:25 pm by [7th]AwakeNg
after league ill try it and give u my noob opinion
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]Donnie

Edited 4 June 2022 - 8:12 pm by [XceL]Donnie
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]Donnie

Edited 6 June 2022 - 11:12 am by [XceL]Donnie
I want to add these graphics

Replace bel with this: