Community Forums > Voobly General > Announcements > Public Beta - New Voobly Client release

Public Beta - New Voobly Client release

+chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 16 March 2022 - 11:30 pm
_ThePrince wrote:
well, I did that but it didn't help, as I said the problem started with the latest update. I can open the app with the older version, but when I update it, voobly doesn't start. did you receive any problem report with this update? or should I look it up for other programs such as directx etc..
What error message are you getting and which operating system are you running?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ElFuaSupremo

Posted 16 March 2022 - 11:30 pm
I've been playing like 4 hours ago without any issues, then suddenly when I open the client it starts to install.
I did let it install everything untill it says that I should restart the computer, when done tried again to open Voobly and same happened but with the error :
" Missing entry point of procedure kernel32.WakeByAddressSingle in library of dynamic links api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll."

Did a clean installation, even downloaded another dll of the same type from a repository and copied it into the folder system32 and voobly aswell, the error persist.

I've been using Win 7 the whole time since first installation at the first week of the past February without any remarkable issues.

My first question wuold be, is there any older stable version I can download to keep playing or is a R.I.P for me?

I can't and wont upgrade to Win 8 neither Win 10, my old Pc with ddr2 RAM can't handle those huge performance draining OS.
Attachments:
minidump 1.dmp (file size: 266.22 KB)
minidump 2.dmp (file size: 265.16 KB)
minidump 3.dmp (file size: 268.64 KB)
minidump 4.dmp (file size: 265.17 KB)
voobly 1.txt (file size: 276 B)
Link | Reply | Quote
 _ThePrince

Posted 16 March 2022 - 11:32 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
What error message are you getting and which operating system are you running?

No error message at all, I am just clicking the icon and it doesn't start. no error message no nothing. I m using Windows 10 home N.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _ThePrince

Posted 16 March 2022 - 11:34 pm
I've been playing like 4 hours ago without any issues, then suddenly when I open the client it starts to install.
I did let it install everything untill it says that I should restart the computer, when done tried again to open Voobly and same happened but with the error :
" Missing entry point of procedure kernel32.WakeByAddressSingle in library of dynamic links api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll."

Did a clean installation, even downloaded another dll of the same type from a repository and copied it into the folder system32 and voobly aswell, the error persist.

I've been using Win 7 the whole time since first installation at the first week of the past February without any remarkable issues.

My first question wuold be, is there any older stable version I can download to keep playing or is a R.I.P for me?

I can't and wont upgrade to Win 8 neither Win 10, my old Pc with ddr2 RAM can't handle those huge performance draining OS.

I think same thing happened to me, but without any error message. It just updated and didn't start anymore just few hours ago.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ElFuaSupremo

Posted 16 March 2022 - 11:35 pm

This seems to be the starting problem. (Attached archive)
Attachments:
voobly 1.txt (file size: 3.37 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 16 March 2022 - 11:40 pm
_ThePrince wrote:
No error message at all, I am just clicking the icon and it doesn't start. no error message no nothing. I m using Windows 10 home N.
Start > Run > type "cmd" > right-click on Command Prompt > run as Administrator

Execute the following commands:
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
sfc /scannow

Once you issued all four commands, you may have to reboot.

Eventually you also have to Repair / Install Visual C++
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ernest878

Posted 16 March 2022 - 11:40 pm
Yeni güncelleme ile kernel 32 ve dll uzantısı hatası veriyor ne yaptıysam olmadı eski sürümde sıkıntı yok yoktu bir çözüm lazim acilen
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 16 March 2022 - 11:47 pm
Ernest878 wrote:
Yeni güncelleme ile kernel 32 ve dll uzantısı hatası veriyor ne yaptıysam olmadı eski sürümde sıkıntı yok yoktu bir çözüm lazim acilen

Windows 7 is no longer supported by our client.

If you are still on Windows 7, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

Please also read:
https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/343091/:1428200#post1428200
https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/343091/:1428201#post1428201
https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/343091/:1428202#post1428202
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 16 March 2022 - 11:48 pm
I agree, Windows 10 may not be able to run on your hardware. But Windows 8 should run on it without any problems -- much smoother compared to Windows 7.
Link | Reply | Quote
 smx___david

Posted 16 March 2022 - 11:50 pm
thanks for killing what was left of comunity by no letting work on windows 7 dont expect all players making a obligatory upgrade not all we have a pc that can work ok whit windows 10
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 16 March 2022 - 11:54 pm by +chris@voobly
thanks for killing what was left of comunity by no letting work on windows 7 dont expect all players making a obligatory upgrade not all we have a pc that can work ok whit windows 10
The problem is more complex. We have massive crashing issues on Windows 10 and Windows 11. Unfortunately there is no Qt framework available, that would cover all operating systems. So we had to make a choice, or better said, we were forced to update our software as well. It's not like we had a choice actually. The complaints about massive crashes on Windows 10 and Windows 11 are going for more than six months already.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Buchen

Posted 16 March 2022 - 11:55 pm
+tmp_acc_2 wrote:
Uninstalled the previous version, then downloaded the new update and then installed, then got this when I tried to launch
Me tooo
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 16 March 2022 - 11:57 pm
Buchen wrote:
Me tooo
If your problem still persists, even after re-installing Visual C++, please go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ packages in list. Then re-install Voobly and it should attempt to re-install Microsoft Visual C++ again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _ThePrince

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:03 am
+chris@voobly wrote:
Start > Run > type "cmd" > right-click on Command Prompt > run as Administrator

Execute the following commands:
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
sfc /scannow

Once you issued all four commands, you may have to reboot.

Eventually you also have to Repair / Install Visual C++

I am sorry, done all things but didn't work. The system didn't find any problem with the check btw. As I said before, if I install an older version Voobly starts. but when it updates it doesn't work.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Zoltan_

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:07 am
did I understand correctly? voobly won't work on windows 7?

Link | Reply | Quote
12345678910[11]121314
Displaying 151 - 165 out of 210 posts