Community Forums > Voobly General > Announcements > Public Beta - New Voobly Client release

Public Beta - New Voobly Client release

+chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 17 March 2022 - 12:15 am by +chris@voobly
We have rolled back to version: 2.2.5.71. Windows 7 will continue working for now.
Install https://www.voobly.com/updates/voobly-v2.2.5.71.exe and it should work again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_OLYMP_]Vley2011

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:10 am
they just killed voobly, you were a community of 600 average players.
now there isn't even half left, with that they don't say, go to STEAM.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeoLessi

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:13 am
I'm using Windows 7 ,and not able to update. So, users as me won't be able to play in Voobly anymore?.
I got the kernel32.WakeByAddressSingle missing. Any solution please?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Zoltan_

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:14 am
+chris@voobly wrote:
We have rolled back to version: 2.2.5.71. Windows 7 will continue working for now.
Ty Chris... i will chek
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:15 am
Install https://www.voobly.com/updates/voobly-v2.2.5.71.exe and it should work again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _ThePrince

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:16 am
+chris@voobly wrote:

Yeah, problem solved now. The thing with the 2.3.3.0 update also affects W10 users.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_OLYMP_]Vley2011

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:17 am
the community is already limited, and you want to limit it more, we have supported everything in voobly, even together with my clan we are preparing great tournaments with patch 1.6.
but with what you are doing everything is going to waste.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:21 am
the community is already limited, and you want to limit it more, we have supported everything in voobly, even together with my clan we are preparing great tournaments with patch 1.6.
but with what you are doing everything is going to waste.
The problem is more complex. We have massive crashing issues on Windows 10 and Windows 11. Unfortunately there is no Qt framework available, that would cover all operating systems. So we had to make a choice, or better said, we were forced to update our software as well. It's not like we had a choice actually. The complaints about massive crashes on Windows 10 and Windows 11 are going for more than six months already.

The community will remain "limited" if we do not fix the problems for our Windows 10 and Windows 11 users.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [RES]1Denali

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:22 am
is there no way for the new update to be compatible with older system? in my case for win 7 it seems to just be missing a dll file
Attachments:
voobly error.jpg (file size: 134.99 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:23 am
is there no way for the new update to be compatible with older system? in my case for win 7 it seems to just be missing a dll file
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_OLYMP_]Vley2011

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:24 am
They must find a way to solve it, with this they are kicking us out of Voobly, because we are still here, because most of our friends are here, we all start here.
But if in the long term, the only solution is that, we will have to change platforms.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:27 am
They must find a way to solve it, with this they are kicking us out of Voobly, because we are still here, because most of our friends are here, we all start here.
But if in the long term, the only solution is that, we will have to change platforms.
Yeah, but have to admit, that it is more likely, that those who keep experience crashing issues using Win 10 / Win 11 will quit first.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeoLessi

Edited 17 March 2022 - 12:32 am by MeoLessi
Hi Cris, that version is working right now, Thanks for that! But I've seen a message in the game than it would be working just until March 20th ,is it right? .
At the moment there are just 209 players in The Conquerors room , when usually I've seen 300+.
I suppose there are too many people still using windows 7 and , like me, we can't or we don't want to update to windows 8, 10 or 11 , so we will be forced to leave Voobly if the client is not working in Windows 7 anymore. Try to keep this client version working in Windows 7 please.
Thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_OLYMP_]Vley2011

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:30 am
there is no mess with that, if you experience problems opening with win 10 / 11, you just have to configure voobly to run you as win 7 or 8
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:31 am
MeoLessi wrote:
Hi Cris is working now, Thanks for that! But I've seen a message in the game than it would be working just until March 20th ,is it right? .
At the moment there are just 209 players in The Conquerors room , when usually I've seen 300+.
I suppose there are too many people still using windows 7 and , like me, we can't or we don't want to update to windows 8, 10 or 11 , so we will be forced to leave Voobly if the client is not working in Windows 7 anymore. Try to keep this client version working in Windows 7 please.
Thanks.
You can ignore that message for now. We have restarted both lobbies earlier, this is why the population is much lower now.

Link | Reply | Quote
1234567891011[12]1314
Displaying 166 - 180 out of 210 posts