Shortcomings in Voobly

[DSQ]PriNce___

Posted 20 May 2020 - 5:04 pm

Hi,

I would like to point out as a regular voobly player, can the below limitations be worked on.
    Voobly Design/UI needs update. Its pretty decent as of now, but little bit of change would be exciting.

Names/Id taken by inactive users. Why does a user who played a single game and left can take a pretty good nick on voobly while we have add random forgettable alphabets to nicknames. There should be some other way rather than just paid subscription.

Reset of Rating Ladders.

Assigning players with titles, something like in pubG where a player achieves titles by winning certain number of matches/certain number of kills with titles like "Well Liked" "Overachiever". something like a sub menu within the already existing rating/ladder popup.

Ability to interact with teammates on audio.

This would grasp attention, encourage players & help grow this community. I hope somebody from voobly moderator/engineers sees this.

Thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Edited 25 May 2020 - 2:24 pm by Troy
Hi,

I would like to point out as a regular voobly player, can the below limitations be worked on.
    Voobly Design/UI needs update. Its pretty decent as of now, but little bit of change would be exciting.

Names/Id taken by inactive users. Why does a user who played a single game and left can take a pretty good nick on voobly while we have add random forgettable alphabets to nicknames. There should be some other way rather than just paid subscription.

Reset of Rating Ladders.

Assigning players with titles, something like in pubG where a player achieves titles by winning certain number of matches/certain number of kills with titles like "Well Liked" "Overachiever". something like a sub menu within the already existing rating/ladder popup.

Ability to interact with teammates on audio.

This would grasp attention, encourage players & help grow this community. I hope somebody from voobly moderator/engineers sees this.

Thanks.

Voobly Design/UI:
This was actually brought up a few times. I personally like Voobly's oldschool look we have now. However if many players ask for change I don't see why they wouldn't take it into consideration to fix up some small changes.

Names/ID's:
It would take so much time/work possibly weeks to release old Usernames/ID's

Reset Ladders:
I have brought this up to our Voobly Team a few weeks ago. I hope to see our MS Lobby get a full Rating reset. :)

Assigning players with titles:
Let's keep it simple this is not really necessary or needed. Our Voobly Team already has stuff in there to do list far more important.

Ability to interact with teammates on audio.:
Just use Discord, Skype, Teamspeak, whatsapp or any other one. I don't think it's possible to implement a audio system into the game lol. And it wouldn't be possible to do in the client without a massive change in the client.

This is coming from someone who is a fan of Voobly and speaking for myself. But also with a professional tone.

Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 20 May 2020 - 6:40 pm
Troy wrote:
Reset Ladders:
I have brought this up to our Voobly Team a few weeks ago. I hope to see our CS/MS Lobby get a full Rating reset. :)

No.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Anik3t

Posted 20 May 2020 - 6:46 pm
I think the only thing voobly should work on, is traffic management, lags and performance rest everything seems fine ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Edited 20 May 2020 - 7:04 pm by Troy
_IYIastA_ wrote:
No.

About the MS Ladder reset. Not the CS Don't worry. I agree with the MS Ladder Reset. I'm all for this. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 _idk___

Edited 20 May 2020 - 7:17 pm by _idk___
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BH_]lnIghTzl

Posted 20 May 2020 - 7:17 pm
I'm sure Chris is aware of the 100s of issues or even features that Voobly needs, including non-stop threads that the community is raising awareness of. Sadly, they need an active developer to go further than they are now and even that is hard to come by.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]RAJPUT__

Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:11 am
Is it possible to create a fair civi mod for Cba and Cba hero? .. I believe it will increase competition for both maps. As of now around 50% games are out civi...
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Edited 21 May 2020 - 10:39 am by _IYIastA_
Is it possible to create a fair civi mod for Cba and Cba hero? .. I believe it will increase competition for both maps. As of now around 50% games are out civi...

Yes, but this could be done by any random player with the will to do it.

Obi/Malte and some others have tried to balance out or expand CBA gameplay in the past. They ran into a wall of stubborn players who really don't want their stacked games to be fair. Anyone trying to do this would need a vast reserve of patience and plenty time to burn
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:41 pm
try something silly like team random for fairness
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]RAJPUT__

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:56 pm
try something silly like team random for fairness
There is a difference between mirror civis and balanced civis. And in case you didn't get it i was talking about balanced civis which all random civi players would be interesting in playing. Same is not the case with mirror games even some very good players avoid playing mirror games due to different reasons...
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]RAJPUT__

Posted 21 May 2020 - 1:06 pm
_IYIastA_ wrote:
Yes, but this could be done by any random player with the will to do it.

Obi/Malte and some others have tried to balance out or expand CBA gameplay in the past. They ran into a wall of stubborn players who really don't want their stacked games to be fair. Anyone trying to do this would need a vast reserve of patience and plenty time to burn

What I remember is malte changed the bonus of civis. Which most of the players didn't like. What i am saying here is just put some combination of balanced civis in a mod and i am sure random civi players would enjoy it more.. At present i don't see any hero or cba player who prey on noobs for points.. So i think it would be a good time if this can become reality.. Also other players who are actively playing cba and cba hero should share their thoughts about it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 21 May 2020 - 2:43 pm
play more than 316! games and lucky civs wont be a "thing" anymore
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 22 May 2020 - 7:29 am by mich
Hi,

• Reset of Rating Ladders.
  • Ability to interact with teammates on audio.
No, CS ladders won’t get a reset.
CS already had that “fun” a few years ago lol 🤓

There is a Voobly Teamspeak server set up just for voice chat with friends. Download Teamspeak, then “connect” to address “ts.voobly.com”. There isn’t a password. I use this as my main choice for privately chatting with friends and casting streams. It’s secure, you can password the rooms and if used often enough feel free to request your own room 🤓
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 22 May 2020 - 7:47 am by ['RB']nhoobish
Or, if ts.voobly.com is down you can join at [You must login to view link] private server.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 39 posts