Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Client and Website related Problems and Questions > Updgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and now I can't play on Voobly

Updgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and now I can't play on Voobly

neilldn74

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:19 am
So, I lost everything except my docs when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and have to re-install all of my programs. I already installed Steam and AOE2 is working on it (if you could call that working). So, I know I have it installed.

I downloaded Voobly and tried to download the compatibility patch as I was instructed but when it comes to joining a game room, it can't connect. It is also saying it can't detect my AOE2HD when I try to download the compatibility patch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:33 am
Please follow all steps in this article:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 neilldn74

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:49 am
I tried the above but there is a problem with it. The game on Steam is no longer called the same thing. I know this because I checked what was installed in the control panel. It is now called "Age of Empires II (2013)." This may be because I purchased the expansion from Steam.

When I try to play in the forum, it isn't recognizing that the game is installed. When I ran the diagnostic tool, I got this:

:Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
Verifying 'ebueulax.dll' exists...
ebueulax.dll was not found in its proper place.

Your version of the game is not compatible with Voobly.

You must install the most recent 1.0c compatibility pack for Age2HD

Click Yes to have Voobly install the patch for you."

When I click Yes, Voobly does nothing. When I do it manually, before I install the patch I get an error message that the game is not being found as installed by Voobly. It lets me go ahead and install the patch anyway but it does nothing. When I try to connect to a game in Medieval Siege, it says it can't connect.

Any ideas?
Link | Reply | Quote
 finally_free_

Edited 20 December 2019 - 9:15 am by finally_free_
Hi mate,

1. Please download the compatibility patch from this link (by clicking on the big botton saying download patch): [You must login to view link]

2. After downloading the patch, please double click on the .exe,

3. After double clicking on it, the setup will be opened,

4. Click only one time on "next" botton and stop in the window regarding the installation path (images below).

Could happen that you see at the end of the path indicated for installation another folder called "New Folder", like in this image for example:

You must login into Voobly to view image

If you see the path indicated like in the image above for example, please delete "New Folder" and you will see the correct path that should be, like in this image below:

5. When you are sure the path indicated for the installation is like the second image (without "New Folder"), please go ahead with the installation,

6. After your installation is finished, please restart voobly and everything now should be all right.
Link | Reply | Quote
 neilldn74

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:43 pm
Unfortunately, I followed exactly what you said and yes, the patch was being installed in the folder with New and I deleted this but when I restarted my computer, it was like I had done nothing. When I joined the games lobby, the same message about me needing to install the compatability patch appeared. When I tried to join a game room, it said that I needed to install the game and compatability patch first before joining the room.

Voobly is not recognizing that I have installed the game on Steam. I think this is because Steam changed its name but I could be wrong. :(

Link | Reply | Quote
 neilldn74

Posted 19 December 2019 - 12:12 am
This is what Steam is saying I own as part of Age of Empires II (2013).

DLC you own
Age of Empires II (2013): The Forgotten
Age of Empires II (2013): The African Kingdoms
Age of Empires II (2013): Rise of the Rajas

I can't find "Age of Empires 2 - HD edition: anymore. It has been replaced by Age of Empires II (2013) in my Steam library. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game on Steam but still the same issues.
Link | Reply | Quote
 neilldn74

Posted 19 December 2019 - 3:14 am
I got it going by following the steps in the 2nd post but I have no sound now when I turned down the music volume. Also, the single play is not working properly. I get an error at the start of it and the AI doesn't do anything for the whole game
Link | Reply | Quote
 finally_free_

Edited 20 December 2019 - 9:15 am by finally_free_
Can you please upload the screenshot of the error you getting?

About the audio issue, check in game aoe options, could be possibly disable it there,

Also make sure in case you have more audio output sources to select the correct one in windows volume settings here:

Also make sure you enable it in the patch settings here:

If you still wont able to hear music you can also to try to install this mod:

https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/142/AoC-Music

About your AI issues, AI does nothing because compatibility patch is not compatible with AoE2 AI so you need to download custom AI to play against it, wich you can find here:

https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/859/Ai-pack

Also i reccomend this configuration to play on Voobly:

I also noticed that you have all the Aoe2HD expansions, i suggest to you to install this mod wich will make you able to play all AoE2 HD expansions here on Voobly:

https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/860/WololoKingdoms
Link | Reply | Quote
 neilldn74

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:39 pm
Thanks. I tried all of that but unfortunately, it didn't work. I can hear the music fine. It's just the in game sounds like making a house, for example, that I can't hear.

Thank you for the AI link. That looks awesome. I will try it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 finally_free_

Edited 10 January 2020 - 9:18 am by finally_free_
Please install the Wololo Mod as i suggested above.

You previously indicated that you get an error, can you please telll us what does it say? Or if you able to do a screenshot and share it with us here.

About your sound issue, try to verify you game files, you can find the option by right clicking on Aoe2 on Steam and clicking on "Properties":

Also make sure to run Voobly as Administrator, you can find the option by right clicking on Voobly.exe, click on "Properties" and then on "Compatibility" tab:

[Thread Closed]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts