Hotkeys suddenly changed only on WK

TheBoogeyman

Posted 27 November 2019 - 6:24 am
Suddenly my hotkeys changed (TC still H, but house is now A instead of C and others have changed). I figured out this only happens on WK. Reset to default does not work because this new setup is the new default. Any idea why this change happened and how I can revert it back to standard default hotkeys?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kicking

Posted 27 November 2019 - 7:21 am
Hi TheBoogeyman,

Try the following: copy + paste your player1.hki and .nfz files located in your AoC folder into every WK folder: WololoKingdoms, WololoKingdoms FE and WololoKingdoms AK.

Tell me how it went :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 TheBoogeyman

Edited 28 November 2019 - 4:17 am by TheBoogeyman
So I tried this and it did not work. I then reinstalled WK (https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/860/WololoKingdoms) but it's not showing up anymore as a mod on Voobly. I moved the WK folder to Data Mods, but it seems like maybe it hasn't installed properly. I will try to post a picture of the folder contents.
Attachments:
Capture.PNG (file size: 56.25 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 TheBoogeyman

Edited 28 November 2019 - 4:21 am by TheBoogeyman
How do I delete posts?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kicking

Edited 28 November 2019 - 7:29 am by Kicking
Hi once again,

Ok, thank you for uploading your folder image. If I'm not wrong, you haven't copy+pasted the files I mentioned.

Try to do the following:

1) Search for them in your main Age of Empires II folder, they should be there.

Player1.hki and .nfz

2) After this, go to the path Data Mods (where you can see all WK folders, that should be three) and paste the files there.
3) Run the file WK.exe and play a single player game. See if your hotkeys are now the AoC ones.

-- If you still have this issue --

Please upload a screenshot or copy paste the result of your Game Diagnostics Test.

Go to any lobby > Options > Launch Game Diagnostics.
Link | Reply | Quote
 TheBoogeyman

Posted 29 November 2019 - 2:13 am
Image 1: copy pasted player.nfz and player1.hki.
Image 2: tried to run wk.exe.
Image 3: game diagnostics.
Attachments:
Capture2.PNG (file size: 59.53 KB)
Capture3.PNG (file size: 4 KB)
Capture4.PNG (file size: 30.9 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 30 November 2019 - 1:26 pm
The folder you posted shows files for the installer, but not the actual mod. Run the WololoKingdoms.exe in the WololoKingdoms 5.8.1 folder and go through with the installation. You also have the option to select your AoC hotkeys there. After the installation you should have a new folder under Data Mods simply called "WololoKingdoms" (as well as "WololoKingdoms AK" and "WololoKingdoms FE" if you choose to install those)
Link | Reply | Quote
 TheBoogeyman

Posted 30 November 2019 - 7:21 pm
When I try to install WK it gives me these messages.
Attachments:
Capture.PNG (file size: 8.3 KB)
Capture2.PNG (file size: 7.35 KB)
Capture3.PNG (file size: 8.07 KB)
Capture4.PNG (file size: 9.18 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 30 November 2019 - 8:29 pm
Can you start HD regularly? I believe those dlls should be installed with starting HD if you don't have them yet.
Link | Reply | Quote
 TheBoogeyman

Posted 30 November 2019 - 8:32 pm
I have never used HD - just Voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:47 pm
You need to have HD and the DLCs installed to use WololoKingdoms.
Link | Reply | Quote
 TheBoogeyman

Posted 1 December 2019 - 1:39 am
I was able to restore WK - here is what I have. I copied over "player.nfz" and "player1.hki" from the AoE folder.
Attachments:
Capture.PNG (file size: 27.17 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 TheBoogeyman

Posted 2 December 2019 - 4:40 am
Hotkeys still not working.
Link | Reply | Quote

Posted 18 December 2019 - 2:08 pm
First few things, if you do not have Steam version of the game you really shouldn't be able to play WK since it would be involving piracy. WK REQUIRES you to have the steam version of the game along with the expansions. You mentioned you never used HD so this is what I understood from it.
Regarding your hotkey issue, depending on how you managed to get WK from internet this could very well complicate things.
My recommendation is simply get a legit copy and do a fresh install of the game along with voobly and all these issues should resolve :)
The guide is here: [You must login to view link]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts