Community Forums > Voobly General > General Discussion / Off Topic > Conor Mcgregor vs Khabib Nurmagamedov

Conor Mcgregor vs Khabib Nurmagamedov

Poll: Winner
Khabib
Conor
 GS_iQuo

Posted 8 October 2018 - 5:20 pm
Muslim character is the most beloved charator of the world. THe world has staged many events before to make this muslim charactor look larger than human. The killing and beating in this events is real. But its a normal thing among all living animals. But stages are set praticularly often, to give this "Muslim" charactor, a lager than life look. A look that seems to surpass normal thinking.
I dont know why, but it is how it seems to me.
I am treading dangerous waters here and i might get permanent ip ban from voobly for this. But i have to speak my mind, if i have to play here comfortably and enjoy. otherwise its pointless to play anyway.
Link | Reply | Quote
 JimmyRaton

Posted 8 October 2018 - 5:38 pm
outstriked and mauled as promised 27-0! who's next???

28-0 if u include the post match brawl
Link | Reply | Quote
 GS_iQuo

Edited 8 October 2018 - 6:06 pm by GS_iQuo
conor is an islamic stooge. this was setup.
and if conor is not an islamic stooge, it was clear anyway that conor was way too emotionally hyped for this. all the false confidence and false ego fed to him for over the year by other fans of muslim charactor, played an important part. he had lost the fight i would say six months prior to it ever took place.
As such, with every person khabib has faced, they were either islamic stooges or their confidence and ego altered and them made emotionally high.
the next in line, fergusson, already looks like a stooge.
not discrediting that khabib is not a good fighter. but he is just another man. he may be a little better then other men, or a little worse. but when his opponents are fed false confidence and false ego well before the fight, the results will superficially go one way.
And to be honest, if connor did not absorb all the false praises and **** he was fed, this fight would have never taken place or postponed indefinitely. Cause khabib is just a false face of a rat army that works behind the scenes non stop.
Link | Reply | Quote
 underOATH_

Posted 9 October 2018 - 4:28 am
GS_iQuo wrote:
conor is an islamic stooge. this was setup.
and if conor is not an islamic stooge, it was clear anyway that conor was way too emotionally hyped for this. all the false confidence and false ego fed to him for over the year by other fans of muslim charactor, played an important part. he had lost the fight i would say six months prior to it ever took place.
As such, with every person khabib has faced, they were either islamic stooges or their confidence and ego altered and them made emotionally high.
the next in line, fergusson, already looks like a stooge.
not discrediting that khabib is not a good fighter. but he is just another man. he may be a little better then other men, or a little worse. but when his opponents are fed false confidence and false ego well before the fight, the results will superficially go one way.
And to be honest, if connor did not absorb all the false praises and **** he was fed, this fight would have never taken place or postponed indefinitely. Cause khabib is just a false face of a rat army that works behind the scenes non stop.
Wow it is all so clear now, thanks for posting this.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dej4Vu

Edited 9 October 2018 - 4:42 am by Dej4Vu
I'm 100 kilos in real life. Connor is 70 kilos. I think i would knock him out cold myself. Lol
You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:50 am
In my opinion Conor could't be himself because Khabib imposed his will on him. It is hard to have energy and stay confident if you get taken to the ground so easily and held there while in the back of your mind you know you have cardio issues and the guy infront of you doesn't. Also the skill difference in striking isnt as big as people make it out to be. Especially considering Khabib mixes it up with wrestling. Khabib was faster than Conor in alot of exchanges. I am not trying to say Khabib is the better striker but just saying he is much better at striking then people give him credit for. Just because he has a sambo striking background doesn't mean he sucks at it.

Yeah I saw a split second of panic on Conor's face after he got taken down. Amazing that he managed to let himself be taken down after apparently escaping it, only to carelessly let Khabib latch back on to his ankle again.

I also noticed Khabib was using a very effective defense, custom made for Conor's striking style, which looked very impressive. I don't think it would have lasted against Conor's tactics that he used to use, but clearly he was unable to perform them.. I believe that is because he no longer has the techniques.. and that is partially because he no longer has the athleticism.. (i.e. he let himself go). Not to say Khabib wasn't impressive, he very much was.
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:51 am
underOATH_ wrote:

Despite 90% of it making no sense, I think he is fairly spot on about Conor's mindset.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 10 October 2018 - 12:40 pm by [Eot_]Marvel__

I also noticed Khabib was using a very effective defense, custom made for Conor's striking style, which looked very impressive. I don't think it would have lasted against Conor's tactics that he used to use, but clearly he was unable to perform them.. I believe that is because he no longer has the techniques.. and that is partially because he no longer has the athleticism.. (i.e. he let himself go). Not to say Khabib wasn't impressive, he very much was.
Why do people have such a hard time just realising that khabib makes everyone look this way?

Conor looked in as good shape as ever, and looked good for the first.. 30 seconds, but once khabib saps your will and spirit this is what happens. Really getting tired of reading excuse after excuse for conor, truth is it's how everyone looks vs Khabib, and conor is overrated, the threat of being taken down and mauled hurts your stand up. Even his coaches said he trained as hard as he always has

He's a top 5 lightweight but khabib isn't the only one at 155 who can beat him. Hell i'd like to see conor vs Al Iaquinta.

Stop making excuses for Conor, and instead give Khabib the credit he deserves.

I for one hope there isn't a rematch, it was one sided, it isn't deserved, and i'd like to see conor have a couple more fights at 155 before fighting for the belt again, i like watching him fight but get bored of how overrated he gets. Something like conor vs Iaquinta or pettis would be interesting fights, or even nate/poirer winner.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PaxOttomana

Posted 10 October 2018 - 1:22 pm
Conor is still a beast in my eyes. Him vs Tony is a toss up. I think Conor is top 3 at lightweight and top 1 at featherweight. La quianta has no chance vs Conor. La quianta is only durable other then that he has no real skill. Let's not downgrade Conor just because Khabib is at a different level. People did the same thing to Khabis striking after La quinta which was bs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 10 October 2018 - 2:39 pm by [Eot_]Marvel__
Conor is still a beast in my eyes. Him vs Tony is a toss up. I think Conor is top 3 at lightweight and top 1 at featherweight. La quianta has no chance vs Conor. La quianta is only durable other then that he has no real skill. Let's not downgrade Conor just because Khabib is at a different level. People did the same thing to Khabis striking after La quinta which was bs.
Iaquinta is probably the most underrated guy at 155... look at his record and his actual fights, he's a legit top 5-6. He has wins over guys like kevin lee, masvidal, pearson, sanchez, so let's not act like he 'isn't skilled', that's just silly. There was a time when he was in talk for the title but UFC wouldn't pay him enough so he 'retired'. Main reason he's underrated is because he doesn't fight that much and focuses on his other job. But people absolutely do not give him enough credit, and Al vs Conor could be a great fight.

Ferguson is a zombie, has a ridiculous chin, has a longer reach, more well rounded skillset, and can wrestle/ju jitsu to a high level... i can't really see any area conor can win apart from a quick KO, but guys who can grapple seem to neutralise his striking, especially if their striking is a decent level too and they aren't just brawlers (like alvarez)

I don't think conor can beat tony ferguson (although he stands a better chance here than vs khabib), or Khabib, i also think Kevin Lee would give him serious problems, and a fight with diaz is 50/50, so i think putting him top 3 is a stretch personally... he might be but really you need to prove it, talk is cheap. There's a bunch of guys he would probably beat but wouldn't be easy fights too like Iaquinta, Barboza, Michael Johnson etc. I'd put him top 5, but i'd like to see him fight some #4-10 ranked guys and actually build his resume at 155.

It's easy to say 'hes top 3 lightweights', but at some point you have to prove it, who's he beaten at 155? Eddie Alvarez.. that's it, which is why i'd like to see him take a few tune up fights vs guys like Iaquinta, pettis etc then see where he's at instead of simply speculating. I think it'd be good for him too, but the moneys gone to his head now so it seems unlikely he'll take anything but title shots/diaz at this point.

I'd also like to see him rematch holloway at 145, or fight Ortega, or Edgar... i think all of those are hard fights at 145 despite you thinking he's the clear #1. He probably is #1 at that weight class if he could make the weight anymore, but all of those present significant challenges for conor that he has been shown to struggle with (Height/length, cardio/durability, grappling)

TLDR; Conor is still a great fighter, but he needs to fight some lower guys (#4-10) and build his resume, as his only win at 155 is Alvarez thus far.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]_Roxor_

Posted 10 October 2018 - 9:19 pm
jose aldo deserves a rematch with conor more than conor deserves a rematch with khabib
Link | Reply | Quote
 Playerpro123

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:46 pm
Conor should just retire
Link | Reply | Quote
 [vR]EsCape___

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:32 am
underOATH_ wrote:

no one give **** to your response
Link | Reply | Quote
 [vR]EsCape___

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:35 am
underOATH_ wrote:

**** mother****er stop talking about khabib, is conor your daddy? ****, i want **** you, i like your ****
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:59 am
Why do people have such a hard time just realising that khabib makes everyone look this way?

Conor looked in as good shape as ever, and looked good for the first.. 30 seconds, but once khabib saps your will and spirit this is what happens. Really getting tired of reading excuse after excuse for conor, truth is it's how everyone looks vs Khabib, and conor is overrated, the threat of being taken down and mauled hurts your stand up. Even his coaches said he trained as hard as he always has

He's a top 5 lightweight but khabib isn't the only one at 155 who can beat him. Hell i'd like to see conor vs Al Iaquinta.

Stop making excuses for Conor, and instead give Khabib the credit he deserves.

I for one hope there isn't a rematch, it was one sided, it isn't deserved, and i'd like to see conor have a couple more fights at 155 before fighting for the belt again, i like watching him fight but get bored of how overrated he gets. Something like conor vs Iaquinta or pettis would be interesting fights, or even nate/poirer winner.

I'm not the only one who thinks Conor wasn't himself. He fought terrible, at the same time Khabib is a great fighter.. It's known that getting tired saps your will and spirit … If anything it was Conor's courage and toughness that kept him in it.

By the way I was referring to GSP's idea of the three pillars of competing MMA, athleticism, technique and tactics, each one informs and enables the other, in that order. It makes a lot of sense. Conor let himself go.. Khabib is a great fighter..

If anything you are acting more like a fan boy, with this sense of certainty about everything. Thing is, I can argue with reasons all day, whereas you just get annoyed at anyone disagreeing with you.

Link | Reply | Quote
1234567[8]9101112
Displaying 106 - 120 out of 176 posts