Community Forums > Voobly General > General Discussion / Off Topic > Conor Mcgregor vs Khabib Nurmagamedov

Conor Mcgregor vs Khabib Nurmagamedov

Poll: Winner
Khabib
Conor
 CIntZ

Posted 4 October 2018 - 4:05 pm
if Khabib is lucky enough to catch him, he quickly becomes the favourite. But the fight begins on the feet, as does every round. McGregor will knock him out.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 4 October 2018 - 4:30 pm by [Eot_]Marvel__
Wiki is fairly accurate in this case regarding the language. Reasons for this can be found here:
[You must login to view link]

Why did khabib bring it up cause hes clearly rattled and is attempting to verbally spar (be it a pathetically bad attempt at it). Would be like me attacking you personally, your family, your team, your country and you comeback by saying im a potato eater. Whats makes it even worse as a comeback is conor can speak Irish fluently lol.
It's not really about being rattled, it's just defending himself and he makes a good point.

You Irish just see what you wanna see when it comes to Conor, if anything conor looked more rattled with his incoherent ramblings.

It's nothing like the analogy you said; conor spoke of people taking over and driving khabibs people from his land, and he asked why the language in Ireland is English and not Irish... it's a pretty fair comeback and not even comparable to 'potato eater' :S But i don't know why i expect you to be rational.

Anyway Saturday can't come soon enough, looking forward to this fight, hope it's not one sided.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 4 October 2018 - 9:23 pm
Conor was just conor and far from rattled hes the same with everyone and its done to try and annoy and make his opponents angry as well as sell the event. He succeeded

Also its very much like the analogy i said and is very comparable. Why because not only are both litterally water off a ducks back but both are linked to british rule in ireland. The language because people where forced to speak english and being called a potato eater is also a derogatory term and the potato was the only source of nutrition in ireland alot due to poor conditions forced upon them by british landlords. Conditions became so bad that millions died during the famine [You must login to view link]

But like i said both are water off a ducks back while conor dug much much deeper attacking all sorts in order to get under khabibs skin.

I could say the same when i say i dont know why i expect you to be rational when you dislike conor so much.

And yes cant wait for saturday (its dragging in) but like i said to you recently on messenger no matter who wins i can only really see it being one sided one way or the other
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 4 October 2018 - 11:40 pm by [Eot_]Marvel__
Conor was just conor and far from rattled hes the same with everyone and its done to try and annoy and make his opponents angry as well as sell the event. He succeeded

Also its very much like the analogy i said and is very comparable. Why because not only are both litterally water off a ducks back but both are linked to british rule in ireland. The language because people where forced to speak english and being called a potato eater is also a derogatory term and the potato was the only source of nutrition in ireland alot due to poor conditions forced upon them by british landlords. Conditions became so bad that millions died during the famine [You must login to view link]

But like i said both are water off a ducks back while conor dug much much deeper attacking all sorts in order to get under khabibs skin.

I could say the same when i say i dont know why i expect you to be rational when you dislike conor so much.

And yes cant wait for saturday (its dragging in) but like i said to you recently on messenger no matter who wins i can only really see it being one sided one way or the other
I don't dislike conor, i dislike his fans.

It's really not the same, khabibs response was a direct reply to conor saying his people have been driven from their land lol, so khabib was implying the irish had been driven from their lands and taken over by the British, what's stupid about it? It's a completely fair reply, also I do find it a little funny khabib going on about conors grandfather being in the English navy, but at the end of the day it's all fun and games.

Conor has dug far deeper into khabib than his previous opponents, and done much more research because he knows khabib is a different animal. Khabib is not rattled at all though, what has he possibly done to indicate he's rattled? He's likely a little pissed off but he can control his emotions, conor was more erratic than normal. What has khabib actually done that makes you think he's more angry than Conor? He's remained completely calm and hasn't so much as raised his voice lol, that's just a projection by you because you're blinded by conor love.

Either way, trying to be psychoanalysts over this is dumb imo (something you started btw), and often means nothing come fight night. But yes i believe it'll be one sided whoever wins.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 5 October 2018 - 12:06 am by [I3acI]_Army1_
I never said theres anything stupid about it, just its water of a ducks back as it wouldnt rattle any irishman lol. I also never said it wasnt a fair reply its just it wouldnt get any reaction at all. It was khabibs way of trying to get a reaction as well, but it failed especially when speaking to someone who can speak irish lol. Khabibs best part was the english navy part but got no reaction in fact conor didnt answer any questions from khabib which was kind of funny.

I never said khabib was more angry than conor in fact he wasnt or even close to it. Conor came out all guns blazing from the off. But he was alot angrier than ive ever seen him even if that isnt very angry, i think he done well to actually hide alot of his emotions but there were signs.

Conor diffently went alot deeper than he usually does though i do think he probably went a bit deeper with mayweather, debatable though he did go darker here. It seemed weird with no crowd. It was always going to be a no win situation for khabib as conor runs his mouth better than just about anyone and it was done in khabibs second language. So yes he was always gonna lose a press conference which is a ridiculous thing to say.

I do agree its dumb to analysis this as it does often means nothing come the fight lol

Anyway time to watch another presser
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 5 October 2018 - 7:55 pm
The time is near boys, weigh ins done.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Playerpro123

Posted 5 October 2018 - 8:19 pm
But Ireland is small shythole country. Russia is big powerhouse. How Connor dare to insult Russia i have no idea.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PaxOttomana

Posted 5 October 2018 - 10:38 pm
The weigh ins are done so 99% chance that this fight is on. I have been waiting for this fight for two years. I can't believe it is finally going to happen. Prediction: 50, 50, but I hope Khabib will win.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 5 October 2018 - 11:44 pm
The weigh ins are done so 99% chance that this fight is on. I have been waiting for this fight for two years. I can't believe it is finally going to happen. Prediction: 50, 50, but I hope Khabib will win.
Personally think it's like 70/30 in khabibs favor but of course conor has a decent chance.

I was dreading another tiramisu incident, so buzzing now!
Link | Reply | Quote
 PaxOttomana

Edited 6 October 2018 - 12:31 am by PaxOttomana
Personally think it's like 70/30 in khabibs favor but of course conor has a decent chance.

I was dreading another tiramisu incident, so buzzing now!

I bought the pay per view lol. I wasn'afraid of the weight because Khabib was looking very skinny but more for injuries. This fight means so much for both of them. I was afraid one of them would overtrain and get injured(most likely Khabib). I was also afraid of backstage altercations between the two camps and people landing in jail instead of the octagon. Where will you guys watch ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 CIntZ

Posted 6 October 2018 - 12:42 am
Was it just me or did khabibs weigh-in look sketchy. I mean for some reason the scale was readjusted to be rested on the 155lb mark before he ever stood on the scale. He didn't even fiddle with it. Just 155 and zeroed it. Lol , reminded me of the daniel cormier towel thing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 6 October 2018 - 3:02 am
Nothing dodgy about it lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 6 October 2018 - 4:33 am by [I3acI]_Army1_
I bought the pay per view lol. I wasn'afraid of the weight because Khabib was looking very skinny but more for injuries. This fight means so much for both of them. I was afraid one of them would overtrain and get injured(most likely Khabib). I was also afraid of backstage altercations between the two camps and people landing in jail instead of the octagon. Where will you guys watch ?

Both pros, honestly i see a first or second round tko for conor. The footwork is slow. I had no doubt they would show. I wonder what the next excuse will be from the haters
But Ireland is small shythole country. Russia is big powerhouse. How Connor dare to insult Russia i have no idea.

How about you play me in your best map, or any set up in anything rm, cs, dm. Before the fight? You pick the set up. In fact maybe just play me anytime? Fanny
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 6 October 2018 - 7:51 am
Nuts shrank to new level
Link | Reply | Quote
 GS_iQuo

Posted 6 October 2018 - 8:15 am
khabib is silent like the viper. i think he will win. conner talk big and trying to desperatly gain upper hand any way possible (mostly verbal here).

Link | Reply | Quote
123[4]56789101112
Displaying 46 - 60 out of 176 posts