Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:50 pm
Ahhhh RCB players lol

AHHHH CBA PLAYER LOL
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 22 August 2017 - 1:29 pm
Redownloaded AGE, you may not have the latest available version. Selection Mask is definitely there for objects and you do not need graphics editing.

Double checked version. It's the current one. I think it goes without saying I'm just ****ed. Screenshot to show me?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 22 August 2017 - 1:48 pm
You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 22 August 2017 - 2:04 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
Yeah, something must be wrong with my version. Maybe it's because I installed the game via steam and I'm playing it through the HD patch.

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 22 August 2017 - 2:49 pm
Interesting.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 22 August 2017 - 7:29 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
Interesting.

Sweet baby jesus. I got it to work. This is simply amazing. This is the reason I made fair mod originally (i.e. to stop exploits with palisade and partially built structures).

Almost there. There's an issue in terms of attack order. As of now the wall is visible yes but you can't actually click on it. It seems attack priority needs to be changed somehow. I'm going to post on AOK Heaven to see if it's possible.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 23 August 2017 - 1:04 pm
I do not think there is another way than changing the class. To be honest, I would have just replaced tower and castle graphics with shorter versions.

Other options are available, such as
- defining buildable spots for Palisade Walls and Towers (Castles too, if needed) by terrain restrictions.
- enabling Fly Mode for Towers, this should elevate the bottom of the tower so you could basically see the Palisade Wall.
- expanding the size of a Palisade Wall to be 2x2 (should be enough to see it?) (also makes boating a base viable again, because you would have to delete your castles to wall entirely).
- there is an option called Vanish Mode, I am not sure what it does, but it sounds like it turns the created object invisible after creation (worth a shot?) (downside is you never know how many BBTs opponent has).
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 23 August 2017 - 1:07 pm
I do not think there is another way than changing the class. To be honest, I would have just replaced tower and castle graphics with shorter versions.

Other options are available, such as
- defining buildable spots for Palisade Walls and Towers (Castles too, if needed) by terrain restrictions.
- enabling Fly Mode for Towers, this should elevate the bottom of the tower so you could basically see the Palisade Wall.
- expanding the size of a Palisade Wall to be 2x2 (should be enough to see it?) (also makes boating a base viable again, because you would have to delete your castles to wall entirely).
- there is an option called Vanish Mode, I am not sure what it does, but it sounds like it turns the created object invisible after creation (worth a shot?) (downside is you never know how many BBTs opponent has).

Vanish mode would be quite hilarious for bombards. I wonder if the projectile would vanish too? Anyways, good suggestions. Still waiting on AOK Heaven to see if they suggest anything before I fiddle with it more.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 23 August 2017 - 1:24 pm
If you go by the route of shorter castles and towers, I can help you find them, unless you would rather edit the graphics.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 23 August 2017 - 4:10 pm
If you go by the route of shorter castles and towers, I can help you find them, unless you would rather edit the graphics.

I've thought about this but the keep/watch tower/bombard would need to be the same height across all civs as the palisade wall for it to make sense. Otherwise, it's possible someone could just put the bombard in front of the palisade to do the exploit in a different way (if that makes sense), but at least that way units would auto-attack the tower compared to the wall. I would be totally fine just changing the class of palisade but since you can build so many it would lead to abuse. Acidrocker stated, and I agree, that at least now with being able to see where palisade are you have the opportunity not to waste units trying to go that way/attack that player.

Something you mentioned... making palisades 2x2 would be interesting but then you couldn't wall around the perimeter of the base (i.e next to haystacks & castles) because it'd be too large. But if the wall was bigger it would make attacking with beli/william/theo easier for sure.
Link | Reply | Quote
 w44

Posted 23 August 2017 - 7:06 pm
we love new [You must login to view link] like it much.pls make available new rcb map for [You must login to view link] want to play.give both option new and old.u can creat RCB FAIR MOD OLD and RCB FAIR MOD NEW.thnx
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 23 August 2017 - 8:17 pm
Something you mentioned... making palisades 2x2 would be interesting but then you couldn't wall around the perimeter of the base (i.e next to haystacks & castles) because it'd be too large. But if the wall was bigger it would make attacking with beli/william/theo easier for sure.

Yeah, it may be worth a shot. Clearing out 4 tiles at once versus clicking 4 times to clear out 4 tiles would have a massive impact.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ox_MeTrOiD_xO

Posted 24 August 2017 - 6:08 am
Please make anyone other than Hacks the administrator on Fair Mod. I vote for nhoobish again.

thanks,

Weapon/Metroid
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:17 am
Dafuq is this?rofl

Link | Reply | Quote
123456[7]8
Displaying 91 - 105 out of 106 posts