Poll to reset CBA/Hero Ladders

calexus5678

Posted 6 April 2017 - 6:57 pm
I think Vangelis and Malte touched on many of the important points and differences. That said there are areas where Hero would have a higher skill ceiling, such as the more massive builds possible in Hero, mainly because of more villagers available and no tower limit.

I don't know what it is about hero, it just feels a bit dirty. CBA has a pureness that rewards more teamwork, planning and creativity, finding the holes and the ****s in the armour. Much more strategising in CBA and no less in skill overall, you could say it's more cerebral where CBA hero is less so.

I also find it funny that Andreas would admonish Malte for using ad hominem tactics and then doing it himself. It's funny I thought Andreas would see things this way because I remember him being a very strong CBA player and that makes me think he is just trolling for the sake of it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 6 April 2017 - 7:32 pm
I don't think it's the same Andreas. This is ANDRES_SWAGGER or whatever.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_Mascherano

Posted 7 April 2017 - 7:38 am
Only someone who never played both maps at a high level would say that. Only because the map looks the same doesnt mean it plays the same. Hero has its focus on kill/death ratio like most bloods do. CBA doesnt focus on that as much but requires many other skills to be good at it.

And exactly that is wrong. In Hero you dont have to use your villagers and queue your buildings by far as much as in CBA. And in many CBA games you have to control 200 units at a time while also building and queuing. What do you do in Hero? Control a bunch of archers or camp in your base so you dont feed, build some Siege shops and spam a couple of bbt across the map and thats it. Id bet my life that in high level games CBA players do more apm than in Hero.

Heroes are just units, arent they? 11

You control more units in Hero? Thats new to me 11 And in CBA you gotta use the hotkeys for all the different units of your military buildings, from Skirmishers to Paladins. In Hero you just spam rams, thats what you call diversity? rofl

+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 7 April 2017 - 6:37 pm
This isn't a skills thread, it's a poll for when to reset. Let's get back on topic please.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [ X ]PrIMeZ

Posted 8 April 2017 - 9:20 am
CBA worst no point playing thats y it 90 % dead and 1-2 cba game rooms everyday
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ X ]PrIMeZ

Edited 8 April 2017 - 9:24 am by [ X ]PrIMeZ
Im not surprised a simple minded creature whos bad at CBA would say such thing.

CBA requires a far wider skillset than CBA Hero, if not the widest out of all CS maps. Hero ist basically just another kill oriented blood map.
then why no cba rooms ?? to all ur stuffs u say raze build bla bla bla ,, for that u have to win in patrol battle and raze the gates ;lol so lets do it cba vs cba hero players 1v1 both have to play cba and hero and lets see who wins lols
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_MD_]DaGhostInside

Posted 8 April 2017 - 1:09 pm
lol this ****
cba hero should of never been rated in the first place its what killed cs, you know why ppl are playing it? Cause its EASY as ****, so newer ppl get into it easier and since the map has been going on for some years it has of course aquired more players and cba is losing from it. Also its faster to get games since there are more ppl, it discourage ppl from waiting in cba games to get a game started...etc...
I could go on about how much cba hero is dog****...but whatever, i think ''primez'' showed enough stupidity as a cba hero player that i dont need to.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _madmax

Posted 8 April 2017 - 9:39 pm
every year
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 8 April 2017 - 10:36 pm
Again, please get back on topic or I'll start deleting posts.

Flame war elsewhere please.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ZOET

Posted 9 April 2017 - 1:05 am
I think every two years a best options
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted 9 April 2017 - 4:39 pm
mich wrote:
Again, please get back on topic or I'll start deleting posts.

Flame war elsewhere please.

Who is flaming? Seriously you should rerate whenever you want starting now, but why not make some other important changes while you're at it. Separate the CBA and non CBA hero 1v1 ladders so the CBA community know who is the good 1v1ers and the hero community know who is the good 1v1ers. They are two very different sets of players with not much overlap, you shouldn't be loping into one bunch.

Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 9 April 2017 - 5:51 pm
Who is flaming? Seriously you should rerate whenever you want starting now, but why not make some other important changes while you're at it. Separate the CBA and non CBA hero 1v1 ladders so the CBA community know who is the good 1v1ers and the hero community know who is the good 1v1ers. They are two very different sets of players with not much overlap, you shouldn't be loping into one bunch.

If I have to point it out.... lol

Ya, I'm hearing a lot about this. Not sure how many players play CBA on the 1v1 ladder (as previously stated). It's still good to keep the option open I think. Making a separate 1v1 ladder just for CBA would be rather pointless if say only 10 people would use it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 AlvaroUribe_

Posted 9 April 2017 - 6:22 pm
Every year
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_Mascherano

Posted 9 April 2017 - 6:33 pm
i think every year its little bored, 2 years or 1 1/2 its ok
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ X ]PrIMeZ

Posted 11 April 2017 - 6:57 am
every year because it keep raises activity or race to top spot