Faillure to initiate DirectPlay AOE2 TC

16thClauneck

Posted 3 April 2016 - 11:26 pm
Greetings everyone!
I've been trying to figure out what's happening with my directplay vs my AOE 2
you can see most of the Information on this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNTu2xxhrLA
We tried;
- The clean reinstall from voobly
- All windows updates
- DirectX updates

And it is still messed up when i try yo play on voobly.

Game Diagnostics

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II'
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll' exists...
Success!
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C'
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 213504 bytes
DirectPlay Init Failure!

DirectPlay failed to load properly. This is probably an OS installation bug. You might need to reinstall your operating system. Windows 8.1 and later users can install DirectPlay through Control Panel -> Programs -> Turns Windows features on or off -> Legacy Components -> DirectPlay.
Link | Reply | Quote
 GregStein

Posted 4 April 2016 - 12:30 am
Hello,

Please click start button of windows, search for: cmd

Then Right click it and run it as administrator.

A black window will pop up, please paste inside it the following code:
Code:
sfc /scanfile=c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll

restart your computer and try again

I would also recommend Panda cloud cleaner to fix any potential system infections or corruptions:
[You must login to view link]

Let us know how is it working out for you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 16thClauneck

Posted 8 April 2016 - 2:42 am
It didn't work just beause i don't have dplayx.dll in system 32 folder
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 8 April 2016 - 3:12 pm
hi
http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/1623
Link | Reply | Quote
 16thClauneck

Posted 9 April 2016 - 8:46 pm
On win 7 direct play comes with it, i have directplay on my pc but i cannot see it in windows features
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 9 April 2016 - 11:05 pm
hi
does the game run ok off voobly completely? whats your resolution, have you tried lowering it?
try this
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 16thClauneck

Posted 11 April 2016 - 2:24 am
GAME WORKS FINE OFFLINE
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 11 April 2016 - 2:57 am
Hi Clauneck!

Try this Resolution
:
  1. Close (Exit) your Voobly client and next, open your Voobly Directory -> gamedata folder and that inside there you can see sub folder called 'aoc' hold Shift key and Delete it.
  2. Once you done, [You must login to view link] «- AoC Direct Play regedit fix and run & update the missing files.
  3. Finally, restart your Voobly client and join your AOC game lobby and see how it works.

Cheers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 16thClauneck

Posted 13 April 2016 - 3:36 am
looks like I updated this folder but it didn't fix directplay sadly..
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Game version is '1.0C'
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
DirectPlay Init Failure!

DirectPlay failed to load properly. This is probably an OS installation bug. You might need to reinstall your operating system. Windows 8.1 and later users can install DirectPlay through Control Panel -> Programs -> Turns Windows features on or off -> Legacy Components -> DirectPlay.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 15 April 2016 - 4:59 am
Eh..Okay.. looks like you need to start from scratch. so try this way:
  1. Uninstall both your Game & Voobly, and then open %programfiles[x86]% - find both related directory folders and delete them with holding Shift key.
  2. Go to Start menu, search... for regedit and run as administrator (right-click). next, at left pane list explore the following paths:
    1. :: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectPlay\Applications ::
      There you can see Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion folder and Delete it.
    2. :: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games ::
      Once again, There you can see Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion folder and Delete it.
  3. After all done, perform a quick system reboot (just to make a clean start up).
  4. Reinstall your game + patches again and then use my above Direct play registry fixer (which you downloaded before) and open and execute the files as mentioned inside readme.txt instructions.
  5. Finally, Download and install updated Voobly client and enter your game lobby.
Note: This method is advanced root clean resolution. So if whether you're unsure (how-to-do) or still issue persists - please feel free to join our Help Room live chat support and ping me up. I'll look forward to assist you and address the issue.

Related Tags: #217718, Clean installation #KB1019.
Link | Reply | Quote
 16thClauneck

Posted 18 April 2016 - 2:31 am
I did step by step still not solved ;drunk

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II'
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll' exists...
Success!
Success!
Game version is '1.0C'
Success!
DirectPlay Init Failure!

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 18 April 2016 - 4:32 pm
hi
have a look here [ its for w8, you have w7 but should similar]:
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/217718
Link | Reply | Quote
 16thClauneck

Posted 19 April 2016 - 5:59 am
AS YOU CAN SEE IN PREVIOUS COMMENTS
I've already done that :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 16thClauneck

Posted 5 June 2016 - 10:12 pm
still unsolved
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 11 June 2016 - 6:21 am
Hi Clauneck,

First sorry for the very late reply. your issue was really pretty weird and I understand how most it's frustrating for you. lOl

Anyway I'd like to suggest just last 3 things:
1 - [You must login to view link] this offline DirectX installer and run the setup as admin and install it.

2- Re-Register your dplay.dll file again as follows:
  1. Go to Start menu, search... CMD and open the system Command Prompt (black) window as administrator (right-click).
  2. Next, Type the following command: regsvr32 /u dplayx.dll and press [Enter] - This will Un-Register your file.
  3. Again, Type the following command: regsvr32 /i dplayx.dll and press [Enter] - This will Re-Register your file.
  4. Finally, restart your computer.
Note: While doing this make sure to do NOT open your Game and Voobly.

3- If still all the above suggestions fail to work then it must and should be related with your game copy. so, try get any another genuine game copy (i.e. Steam HD).

Hope this helps you well. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 15 posts