Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Death Match > spectator sending messages to game players

spectator sending messages to game players

StonedNAustin

Edited 26 June 2015 - 3:43 am by StonedNAustin
it has come to my attention that people in games are able to receive messages from those who are spectating the game , which to me is allowing friends to tell where to go and what to look at for during the game ....this is purely cheating, a mod should be written not allowing communication with those in the game from those spectating
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Foo]fobbix

Posted 11 July 2015 - 1:57 pm
I Strongly Agree

This post should be in the suggestion part of the forum though
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 11 July 2015 - 2:11 pm
a mod should be written not allowing communication with those in the game from those spectating

No mod can affect on this, but you can set the spectator delay enough much to block helping.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Foo]fobbix

Posted 11 July 2015 - 9:47 pm
If your not the host you can't.

He means for Voobly to mod the client so if your spectating you shouldn't be allowed to communicate with the other in-game user at all (least of all through the Voobly messenging service) (unless your a Voobly tournament staff member anyway, in which case you should be able to bypass dnd). The anti-cheat could handle the details for external programs with a little user-end agreement I think (or at least for most cases anyway).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dawn_]BurNing_

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:41 pm
Ever heard of teamspeak?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Fallstar

Edited 11 July 2015 - 10:45 pm by Fallstar
If you don't trust the people you are playing with, then you can increase the spectator delay. If you make the spectator delay 5 minutes for example, information gained through spectator cheating is basically useless.
Link | Reply | Quote
 zxcvbnmxx

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:45 pm
Frankly who the hell has time to read messages and respond and then do something .. 1min lost in game is half the game lost .. i think this is happening in a few rare cases .. its not like we are playing for money .. morals keep most away from doing this and practicalty keeps the rest away . The 0.1% doing this ..well who cares..i can win still
Link | Reply | Quote
 zxcvbnmxx

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:50 pm
*Having a sharingan and being able to predict movements count for **** if you dont have the speed or if your opponent moves faster * Rock Lee Kicks Sasgay's Ass @ POWER OF YOUTH !!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Foo]fobbix

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:19 pm
Ever heard of teamspeak?
Ever heard of IP addresses?
Fallstar wrote:
If you don't trust the people you are playing with, then you can increase the spectator delay. If you make the spectator delay 5 minutes for example, information gained through spectator cheating is basically useless.
If your not the host you can't.
And to further that some people spec so they can both A) enjoy watching the match and B) so they can play the next match. Obviously with increased spec delay you can't do both.

@zxcvbnmxx
With spectator dashboard it gives you everything about all the other players, basically very detailed information on resource gathering and how much resources they have left. It would provide an extremely easy win. Also basically its like playing the game with All Visible enabled.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [PTBNS]fabking

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:18 am
This would only really work if the Voobly client forced DND when playing a game.(and user cant unlock it), but if a player and his buddy both use voice chat software then this would be useless.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Foo]fobbix

Posted 12 July 2015 - 3:00 pm
If Voobly monitored the connection of a spectator then they would be able to see if any messages are being sent to a member in game via there IP Address. Voobly could also prevent people from doing additional things also. Which would be great for players that are actually playing and you get someone downloading stuff.

And you wouldn't need to enforce DND, just make a special exception to people that are spectating your game to prevent them from sending messages to person in game or even prevent them from sending messages (they would still be able to receive for any problems but that would be overkill in my opinion).

As for people that have two accounts or Skype or whatever then the first option is the solution. With the Anti-Cheat at least in my opinion it should be monitoring what content is being sent/received anyway for malicious actions.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MMO_Executioner

Edited 12 July 2015 - 5:11 pm by MMO_Executioner
To the moderators. The excuses im reading from you guys on this issue is we are wiping our hands of this. This is a very good point. No spectator and no other player should be allowed to speak to a player of a running game that is rated. Period
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Edited 12 July 2015 - 5:17 pm by ['RB']Dan
i use skype/ts in most of my games with those that are in spec or on the enemy team and i wont suddenly stop doing it for bunch of faggots that take the game serious

just like people can just "stream cheat" but i really dont give a **** as i just want to play some aoe so piss off
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Foo]fobbix

Posted 12 July 2015 - 5:43 pm
Better to take the game seriously than take points seriously.

And you would suddenly stop if Voobly implemented what I have suggested as you get automatically banned or booted from spectating the game ;lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 12 July 2015 - 5:48 pm
think as you wish but i would prefer being banned than stop using ts/skype ^^

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 34 posts