Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Death Match > spectator sending messages to game players

spectator sending messages to game players

zxcvbnmxx

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:13 pm
As far as i know any attempts to close an external programs requires a prompt , and decent AV flags down any forced termination. Unless it is defined in AV exclusion protocols , which would require user authentication. As for hacks , they work on a various methods backend, deceptive channels . Were voobly to do this , I don't think people would install it since that would result in unrestricted access breach .
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Foo]fobbix

Posted 23 July 2015 - 3:21 pm
I know for StarCraft 1 to run properly without the colours messing up in Win7 etc you have to terminate the Windows Explorer via a .bat file. (Scripting can be done via programming) but would be much more easier to just to get the ID of the program and terminate it (which could be easily done with lesser priority programs). Voobly already runs with admin rights so can do almost anything that doesn't result in compromising the security of the system (ie affect generic windows stuff, AV, Internet Browsers, or steal critical information (Snoop on IE or have unrestricted access to the file system).

But anywho, Voobly controls the game itself so even if its just detecting for external programs to be active Voobly could effectively boot you from the game (or terminate the game etc very easily) (as it already does this with hacks I'm sure).

I can't see how terminating a program would require a prompt at all, its not like your going into the system's monitor and right clicking then terminate (or even just right clicking the program itself in the windows bar). Its all done in programming so it doesn't require user interaction at all.

An AV shouldn't flag it for terminating processes with less priority than itself, so it would be a better question to ask whether Voobly could influence newer programs to be enforced to have low priority or just filter in applications perhaps (theoretically). But anyway like I said Voobly could just shutdown the game anyway. It could also send messages to other users which could then be used in reporting them also (for cheating via deliberately lagging the game).

Anyway this thread discussion is mainly about Spectators, and not in-game users. Obviously you wouldn't terminate external programs, only refuse to allow them to continue spectating the game and give them (the spectators) -100 points to there main account or something like that for cheating.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 23 July 2015 - 3:44 pm
I know for StarCraft 1 to run properly without the colours messing up in Win7 etc you have to terminate the Windows Explorer via a .bat file. (Scripting can be done via programming) but would be much more easier to just to get the ID of the program and terminate it (which could be easily done with lesser priority programs). Voobly already runs with admin rights so can do almost anything that doesn't result in compromising the security of the system (ie affect generic windows stuff, AV, Internet Browsers, or steal critical information (Snoop on IE or have unrestricted access to the file system).

But anywho, Voobly controls the game itself so even if its just detecting for external programs to be active Voobly could effectively boot you from the game (or terminate the game etc very easily) (as it already does this with hacks I'm sure).

I can't see how terminating a program would require a prompt at all, its not like your going into the system's monitor and right clicking then terminate (or even just right clicking the program itself in the windows bar). Its all done in programming so it doesn't require user interaction at all.

An AV shouldn't flag it for terminating processes with less priority than itself, so it would be a better question to ask whether Voobly could influence newer programs to be enforced to have low priority or just filter in applications perhaps (theoretically). But anyway like I said Voobly could just shutdown the game anyway. It could also send messages to other users which could then be used in reporting them also (for cheating via deliberately lagging the game).

Anyway this thread discussion is mainly about Spectators, and not in-game users. Obviously you wouldn't terminate external programs, only refuse to allow them to continue spectating the game and give them (the spectators) -100 points to there main account or something like that for cheating.

great idea! please do this voobly so i can finally hit 0 rate faster ;4hat
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Edited 23 July 2015 - 4:02 pm by _Hacks
I have a better idea. Players who are actually complaining about the spec program and dont know how to set a delay for it can turn the spec feature off. And players who like spec feature can turn it on. Just simple as that.

About the voobly running programs detector, its already suggested before, and it was refused because you cant make people close programs like skype ts etc just so they feel safe in a game on voobly. Again, if spec bothers anyone, disable it. Or set a delay. If you are not the host of the room, leave it and host a room with your desired options. Problem solved.

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]
Displaying 31 - 34 out of 34 posts