Hi all, advice needed

[DoO_]Darksoul_uk

Posted 6 August 2012 - 6:20 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to come back to aot to play a few games again after a long break. However, there's a problem with my aot disc such that my game will no longer install on to my computer. I'm happy to buy another game disc but it seems like most of the ones available on Amazon are the Ubisoft versions which apparently don't work online. If I bought a Ubisoft version of the game, would it still work with Voobly?

Cheers in advance for your help!

Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 6 August 2012 - 7:47 pm
yep!
If you want a dl link, just let us know :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoO_]Darksoul_uk

Posted 6 August 2012 - 8:02 pm
Ok, great. I found the download link on this website but I couldn't get it to work
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 6 August 2012 - 10:19 pm
problem with the setup file?
a few others have said that too
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoO_]Darksoul_uk

Posted 6 August 2012 - 11:20 pm
Yeah, it's the setup file that's the problem. It's failing to launch properly - a window comes up saying "the programme may not have installed correctly" and gives two options, to proceed anyway or to reinstall using recommended settings, but neither of these do anything. If you or somebody else could give some technical advice that would be great but if not it's not really a problem, I'll just fork out for a new CD. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 7 August 2012 - 8:24 am
try running it as administrator :)

my buddy that had the same problem said he right clicked the setup file and ran it as admin, and it worked :).
he said u need a gold edition key, too ^^
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoO_]Darksoul_uk

Posted 11 August 2012 - 2:28 pm
OK, so I got a new game disc and installed it. I'm now having some trouble playing on Voobly. When I try to start a game an error message comes up. It seems to be exactly the same problem as this guy is describing in this thread: http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/114596. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Edited 11 August 2012 - 4:56 pm by AoL_Iron_maiden
i assume you installed it in the normal location -> c\program files\microsoft games etc right?

also do what kitt says in that topic ->?hi
do a file search for the aom exe, see if theres another install on the pc.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoO_]Darksoul_uk

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:07 pm
I've done all those things and so far it still doesn't work :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 12 August 2012 - 8:55 am
so is your problem identical to that other guy's?
what are the exact errors or whatever that you are getting?

have you done the game diagnostics like he did?
(in the aot lounge, top left click 'file', the last option in the drop down is 'game diagnostics', select that and post the results)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [OB_]BoIt

Posted 12 August 2012 - 9:12 am
Do you have an aomxnocd.exe file in your C:\program files\microsoft games\age of mythology directory?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoO_]Darksoul_uk

Edited 14 August 2012 - 5:14 pm by [DoO_]Darksoul_uk
I ran the diagnostic and it says the same as it did for the guy who started the thread I linked to. It doesn't mention any problems - it says the game is installed in the right place. And no, I'm pretty sure I don't have any extra aom files that could be causing problems.

Is it possible that my anti virus/firewall could be causing the problem?
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:20 pm
its possible.
make sure aom AND voobly are both allowed through your firewall.
try disabling your anti-virus before u start up voobly
Link | Reply | Quote
 [OB_]BoIt

Posted 15 August 2012 - 3:17 am
If you do not have the extra file in your directory, uninstall the client, run this free registry cleaner [You must login to view link] and then reinstall the client and join the AoT lobby and then check your C:\program files\microsoft games\age of mythology for the aomxnocd.exe file

If it isn't there please let us know and I'll find a work around for you.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts