Roll The Dice !

Your_Mom_

Posted 28 April 2015 - 2:01 am
I think the The merchant should be more frequent in the random upgrade, because it doesn't seem particuarly good (much better to get double bbt or accursated tower). Someone who has 100 woods and sell them all will only get 5 carts. I've used the random upgrade thousand of times and I only get the merchant twice. And I was not really sure what is the strategy to adopt with it. For example, If I have 100 woods and sell 4, will I get the level 10's bonus when I'll reach 100 woods again?
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Edited 28 April 2015 - 8:14 pm by syssouffle
You can see changelist here: [You must login to view link]

I would say it depends of situations. In a classic RTD long match with 8 good players I think the merchant is a lot better, double bbts and accursed stay alive few seconds... But RTD is losing popularity these times and games are short with 4 or 5 players usually, that's why double bbts are so strong.

Merchant is designed for long game: reaching mega with it is extremely powerfull, or hiding your gold with it is also very strong and annoying for enemies. These both easy ways to win have to happen rarely otherwise players would be frustated.

So, about strategy to adapt it's easy, saving gold (and store it as food), rushing mega, or why not just save food: with a civ like chinese you can have 400+ food in late game without buying any with gold. Otherwise, or if game is going to end soon, you should manage when to sell your wood, it depends of situations...

But yea, I could increase its odds a little bit in next versions.

You can get kills rewards only once.
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Posted 28 April 2015 - 8:08 pm
Some stats about RTD matchs published (only for v14.3 league): [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Your_Mom_

Posted 1 May 2015 - 9:12 pm
syssouffle wrote:
So, about strategy to adapt it's easy, saving gold (and store it as food), rushing mega

I'm not sure to understand. How can you rush mega with Merchant? I though you can only sell woods or foods for golds, but not buying wood. Or you mean... sell foods for golds and then buy woods with it?
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Edited 1 May 2015 - 11:54 pm by syssouffle
You can't get mega faster, I'm just saying that you may go mega as fast as possible if you can, because you are sure to win if you reach it. (because selling 250 wood)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Your_Mom_

Posted 2 May 2015 - 1:50 am
Well, most of time, when we reach mega, we are already sure to win.
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Edited 9 May 2015 - 4:50 pm by syssouffle
It looks like but not really, from [You must login to view link], 50% of people reaching mega lose the game.

And personally, sometimes I don't get mega as fast as possible for various reasons. Mainly when I have not enough gold to defend vs snipers and spells...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Your_Mom_

Posted 3 May 2015 - 4:33 pm
You're right.

I have another suggestion. When the game is not 8/8, I think the games that beggin with BBT should be removed, because the position gives a too huge advantage or disadvantage. For example, in a 1v1v1 game, the one in the middle has simply no chance to win, because both ennemies' BBT automatically hit his outpost.
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Posted 18 June 2015 - 7:23 pm
Stats are now accessible here: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Edited 4 July 2015 - 11:48 pm by syssouffle
Since I have troubles to balance well civ bonus I made a poll, you can post suggestions here too.

v14.7 should be final version, I try to make civ bonus very strong to increase gameplay diversity. It's important to make rtd funnier and more interesting, but it's hard to balance them since they are all OP.

v14.7 Civ Bonus:
[You must login to view link]

v14.7 Poll:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Posted 11 July 2015 - 2:46 am
rtd stats have been reset for v14.7
Link | Reply | Quote
 The_Unknown_

Posted 21 August 2015 - 4:38 am
will the outposts auto destroy at 32k hp?

just curious thats all.
thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Posted 21 August 2015 - 5:02 pm
no it won't
Link | Reply | Quote
 Frankkley

Edited 12 September 2015 - 12:24 am by Frankkley
Any idea why it always crashes when I try to play this scenario with friends or whatever?
It appears "waiting" on all players and crashes (we all have the same version, either in FE or in patch 1.4 it crashes regardless). I only tried with 3 others guys, so we never actually tried to play 8 ppl on the scenario.
PD:also, why is not a common mod that you can download and add to voobly?
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Posted 13 September 2015 - 2:19 pm
You launch it at voobly with 1.4 RC patch ? It should work... Maybe try to download it again in case your file is corrupted. But the loading time is normal, game takes ~1 min to launch.

It's a scenario, not a mod.

Link | Reply | Quote
«23456789101112131415[16]171819202122
Displaying 226 - 240 out of 316 posts