Age of Empires II: Age of Kings
You can also view this page in the following Languages :
Getting Started on Voobly!
Aok Patch 3.0
To play AoK join the Age of Empires II: Age of Kings Lobby
Aok 3.0 Information
The staff at Voobly are excited to announce the release of a major update for Age of Empires II: Age of Kings. Voobly's new Aok 3.0 patch will greatly improve the balance and game play of the Age Of Empires II: Age of Kings. The updates of Aok 3.0 are focused on creating a better overall gaming experience for all of the Aok community. We have focused on updating areas that will encourage a more balanced gaming platform while also adding some much needed features to this great classic game.
List of Aok 3.0 features:
- Random Map Scripts - Voobly's Random Map Scripts(RMS) support has now added new custom maps to Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings. Custom maps have been very popular in the AoC community since it's release, but now it is possible to enjoy these custom maps in AoK also.
Download the Custom Random Maps Here.
- Random Teams - You are now able to chose random teams "?" in the multiplayer screen, instead of having to try to figure out how to make a team, each player can now simply chose "?" as their team and the teams will be automatically created when the game starts.
- Mirrored Civilizations - This option allows each team to receive the same civilizations as the other team, providing a more even match up in your game by eliminating the possibilities of having a team with all weak civilizations.
- 250 Population - This option increases the population limit from 200 to 250, providing even more possibilities in unit combinations and strategies.
- Widescreen - Voobly provides full widescreen support to all Aok user's, to enable widescreen in your game room click on "Game" and select the "Resolution Tool" and click on "Force Desktop Resolution in Game". More info here.
Now it is possible to choose the position(center,left,right,stretch) of your Command Bar(mini map, unit controls) at the bottom of your screen. At the top of your game room click [Game>Resolution Tool>Command Bar Position] and select where you want your Command Bar positioned.
For complete information about Widescreen 2.0 read Here.
- Multiple Monitor Support - If you have multiple screens you can now enable the multi-monitor support on Voobly and the game will span across all your screens. The only requirement is that you set your the monitor on the left as the primary display within Microsoft Windows display settings.
To enable multi-monitor select "Span Game Across Multiple Monitors" from the resolution tool menu: for complete information about multi-monitor support read here.
- Anti-Cheat - Voobly has spent over 7 years developing and updating the only working Anti-Cheat System for the Age of Empires Series which is now integrated into the Aok 3.0 Patch to provide the best protection against all cheats.
- Window-Mode - It is now possible to launch your Aok in window-mode, simply click the "Game" button in your game room and select "Directx" and check the "Render in 32bit color" and the "Start in window-mode".
- Colored Game Chat - Now your chat in the game will appear the same color as your player color, e.g. if your color is blue your game text will be blue. Also the score colour above the mini has been made more clear and easier to read.
Voobly Client Features
Enhanced Game Mod Support
- With the amount of quality mods in production such as Tales of Middle Earth and Age of Empires II: Forgotten Empires Voobly decided to improve it's game mod support to make it as quick and easy as possible for users to install and play their favourite game mods.
- Custom Random Maps - Random Map Scripts(RMS) for Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings. Custom Maps have been popular in AoC for years and now they are available to play on AoK! This RMS Mod adds popular Custom Maps such as Michi, Green Arabia, Forest Nothing, Land Nomad and many more...
- Enhanced Terrains - Enhanced Terrain mod for AoK, this mod updates the grass, water and dirt terrains. Also compatible with other popular graphical mods, such as Small Trees and Bamboo Lovers.
- Small Trees - Replaces original tree graphics with smaller images, providing much better overview of the map (easier to see units/buildings behind the woods) for easier playing. Maybe some won`t like it because it ruins the "feeling" a bit, making trees almost the same height as villagers. Many of the best players use this "mod" (modification) for improving their play.
- No Desert - This mod slightly modifies desert terrain, changing dirt to grass. For example, Arabia map terrain looks like Green Arabia. It does not change the color on the minimap, though.
- Bamboo Lover - This mod replaces all trees with bamboo graphics. All tree shadows except bamboo shadows deleted for clarity.
- AoK CBA Hero - Cba Hero v6 is a mod for the Age of Kings, it changes the Bombard Towers attack so it no longer destroys rams, adds the Heros, Harold Hardraade and Charles Martel from Aoc, allowing Cba Hero to have the same gameplay as Cba Hero for Aoc. You will need to use the mod with the - =V= AOK CBA Hero map.
For further information about using game mods read Here.
For more information about user made themes visit here.Game Ratings
- The Voobly Client comes with 3 different theme styles Voobly Classic, IGZ Classic and Voobly Primitive. With a wide selection of user made themes available for users to download or you can even design your own.
- Game Ratings are set on specific ladders according to each game type, (e.g. Random Map ladder is for Random Map games), to select the correct rating ladder for your game type simply click on the "Settings" button in your game room and check the box beside "Rated Game" then use the drop down menu to select the correct Rating Ladder and press Ok.
- Voobly's Instant Messenger allows you to easily interact with other users by sending messages or inviting them to your room for a game.
For more information it's recommend you visit the NAT Traversal Page.Chat Emoticons
- NAT Traversal 2.0 removes the requirement for users to manually forward ports (though it might be recommended in rare circumstances) and allows multiple LAN players to easily play in the same game room.
- Advertise your games or just chat with other users in Voobly's Lobby Chat which includes custom fonts, size and colors with over 100 emoticons.
Voobly Website Features
- The user list is used to show the users that are in the lobby, including people that are on your friends, watch or ignore list. You can choose which groups are displayed in groups on the user list by clicking the "Settings" button in the lobby and selecting the "Lounge" tab, then check each group you want displayed.(e.g. if you want to display your team members in the user list check the box "Group team members in user list")
User Rating Graphs
For more information about user rating graphs read here.Rating Ladders/Match Stats
- In your user profile you can see your ratings and game history graphs that allow you see your progress over time. The ratings graph shows your rating history and now allows you to compare your progression with other users. Each rating ladder is represented by a colored line so you can compare your rating history on each game ladder you play on.
For more information on game stats read here.
- You can view each rating ladder you have played in through your profile. Each game type has it's own rating ladder and a ranking for every player. It is also possible to see specific stats for the games you have played, e.g. civilization stats, map stats, and recently played matches. If the match was recorded it is possible to download the recorded game from the match by clicking the "Download Rec." option from the player of your choice.
- Voobly's team support offers clans the ability to create their own clan forums, promote their members to higher rankings, easily add your clan tag to new members, customize your clan webpage and much more...
For more information about Customizing your Team read Here.
- Live streaming can now be shared on your Voobly profile page. Users can now broadcast any game they play on Voobly and other users can watch it live on their profile.
For more information about live streaming read here.
For help getting your stream setup read the Live Streaming Guide
Last updated on 19 January 2015 - 12:15 am by
1 User(s) are reading this document (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests
0 members, 1 guests
What's popular right now:
AoC Scenario Making and Modding ... (8 users)
Zanchy Sacred rat?!! (6 users)
[TyRanT]slam's Profile (5 users)
AoC Custom Scenarios for Age of ... (5 users)
Word Association (4 users)
Ratings (3 users)
_RekT's Profile (3 users)
Add Risk 2 to Voobly (3 users)
Zoo blood for Age of Empires II:... (2 users)
AoMT Hybrid for Age of Mythology... (2 users)
Most active threads in past week:
Very unbalanced civs in CBA hero (44 posts)
Important Mod Request (18 posts)
Zanchy Sacred rat?!! (14 posts)
Resolve Risk II Game (13 posts)
Add Risk 2 to Voobly (10 posts)
Auto suggest game rooms on login... (8 posts)
What I think Voobly needs to be ... (6 posts)
risk 2 (5 posts)
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds... (5 posts)