Community Forums > General > Announcements > Further support for game mods added

Further support for game mods added

Rambit

Group: Standard Membership
Edited 23 December 2012 - 3:53 pm by +[UB]Elusive
With the amount of quality mods in production such as Tales of Middle Earth and Age of Empires II: Forgotten Empires we have decided that it would be worth spending time on improving our game mod support. Now most of you are probably unaware how our mod support previously worked, so I will do my best to explain it clearly.

A key part of our mod support is that you will never need to touch any of your game files. All mods are installed into your Voobly folder so will never affect normal game play and you will not need to back up any files. Additionally we do not allow players to launch if they do not have the selected mod installed, so there is no syncing issues.

As a Player:
  1. Join a game room. You will be asked to download the mod if you do not have it.
  2. Click the link provided and download the mod
  3. Once downloaded, open it and press install.

As a Host:
  1. Go to our Game Mods Page and select a mod you would like to play.
  2. Download and install the mod.
  3. Host a game and select the mod in the host options.
  4. If a player does not have the mod installed they will have a symbol by their name, in which case you may need to remind them to install the mod.

As a Modder:
  1. Package your mod into an installer, refer to our guide for details.
  2. Contact a Voobly staff member and ask for your mod to be added. We will check for viruses and then add it to the mod support.

The key additions in our latest update are:
We hope you all take advantage of these new features and embrace the mods that are currently out there and the ones that are soon to come!
Attachments:
1000popicon.png (file size: 103.75 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]UnNaMeD__

Posted 23 December 2012 - 2:32 pm
gj
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_Vanthom

Posted 23 December 2012 - 4:20 pm
That is awesome! I saw your post on the volcanic mod about making it smaller ill have to get back to work :D
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_Vanthom

Edited 23 December 2012 - 7:33 pm by RIP_Vanthom
Hey Rambit do you think these mods could be added to support?

http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/129982 - No Drop Site mod (fun for a fast rm game)
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/67308 - unlimited population ( I guess its not much more different then 1000 pop unless you have 2 people playing with good computers and network then i guess it is kind of useful.)
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/68189 -Fifth age mod (this mod allows for another age with further upgrades)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [VCOM]Antu

Group: Voobly Promoter
Posted 24 December 2012 - 7:49 pm
what if game mod has an update ? will it be downloaded automatically as voobly update ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 25 December 2012 - 4:57 am
Works in progress have version numbers in the names, if there is an update the next version will be uploaded separately.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts