Rambit CB Gold 2011

metroid_ChoZo

Posted 5 May 2011 - 5:09 am
lol hippo. You either a) didn't read my post fully, b) did read it fully but didn't comprehend the important parts, c) don't have enough experience with 2011 or d) a combination of all three. Let's play a game you and I. You have 200 martels. I have 198 robins and 2 genitours. You won't be able to kill me. Go play 2011 fully to understand how gay the genitour is. He brought 200 khans to my base and I just mowed them down with two genitours being present. This should not happen. Soji obviously knows what I'm talking about. You are right in one aspect though hippo. I would've had mid if I hadn't been f'ing around via purchasing three haralds, two transports, and a **** load of transport hp. This, however, is not the point. The point is the genitour is way too overpowered. There has to be some kind of intermediate unit. One that your units don't attack by default. A skirm is just a skirm which is probably why you can just throw your units on aggressive and be fine.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Edited 5 May 2011 - 6:18 am by [ViCiouS]____Tom____
I think you a) didn't understand my post. I have no doubts you couldn't kill him due to the circumstances. My post was about how you let him get to that point.

And just throwing your units on aggressive? Try actually micromanaging.
Link | Reply | Quote
 metroid_ChoZo

Edited 5 May 2011 - 4:04 pm by metroid_ChoZo
You're funny. You still haven't experienced this yet. So just let me know when you'd like to get owned via Genitour and camping. Micromanage? lol. The unit is so overpowered any micromanaging you do is pointless. Did you not read? I said you can put units on guard, which is what I assume you meant by micromanaging. Points and laughs at the ****. I have better things to do than argue with your ignorant ass. Just send me a message when you want me to own you with this method. I will prove my point and own you no problem. The Genitour will make it easy.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 5 May 2011 - 5:06 pm
Or I can just copy that strategy and outplay you with better micromanagement. :o
Link | Reply | Quote
 kurose

Posted 6 May 2011 - 4:29 am
I still agree with Chozo. Hippo is an **** and he needs to experience how stupid the genitour truly is. On a different note. I don't think henry should be the cavarly unit at four kings. If he is kept the unit at four kings make him appear slower.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Edited 6 May 2011 - 6:35 am by [ViCiouS]____Tom____
People need to learn how to read. I never said the guy was wrong about how cheap the genitour may be. All I said was that he could have prevented his opponent from camping robins with it if he had the means to get martels. Reading comprehension, much?

If English isn't your native tongue, then I might understand, but you probably shouldn't engage in any English arguments then.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 7 May 2011 - 6:28 am
just read thru all the posts since my last one. i will definitly change the genitour... didnt realize units reacted different towards it (i already find skirms incredible annoying, not good to have something even worse). i think wat i will do is increase the price for the genitour then also put back the skirm.

if the price for henry is raised from 3 to 4 and he loses armor tech, he wouldnt still be overpowered would he?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Aegrod__

Posted 7 May 2011 - 12:28 pm
martel > robin

ill take 200 martel you can take 200 robin and how much genitour you want
Link | Reply | Quote
 registereduser

Posted 10 May 2011 - 1:45 am
Vicious have to speak everywhere they dont care it makes sense or not..
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 11 May 2011 - 7:53 am
I do like to talk, but my posts make perfect sense to those that can read and reason like a normal human being.

Random Zanchy followers (assumption) like to bash ViCiouS members without cause because their butts are sore.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Posted 11 May 2011 - 8:33 am
my genitour often hp bugs *starts w/ like 700-720 hp instead of infinite*... I think just removing genitour and putting skirm back is best solution.
Link | Reply | Quote
 metroid_ChoZo

Posted 12 May 2011 - 4:55 am
I like the idea that both the Genitour and the Skirm should be in the scenario. One skirm can be countered fairly easily by putting units on aggressive whereas the genitour can't. It takes probably 3-4 skirms to have the same affect as one genitour. On second thought maybe two buys would be slightly weird. The Genitour is fine in an ffa game with lots of people left but I think the price should increase after 1 player is defeated or something to that affect.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 17 May 2011 - 6:21 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
I posted this here already but it got deleted. ???

Anyone else think the king amounts should be changed in relation to Subo and Charlamagne?

I think Subo should be 8, the same as Martel. Subo has the added advantage of speed which allows the individual who buys him to feed more off others' battles in a free for all game, the ability to hit and run on Martel via more range, and lastly someone who has a civ that gets good Subo has a higher probability of killing the person next to them if they're a civ that gets good Martel since they have to earn/wait for that extra king. Sure Tamerlane is 10 kings but a person needs to capture mid for it to be good and Tamerlane has horrible range.

Charla should be moved to 3 since he's slow and has horrible range and all people have to do to to beat him is buy Robin for one more king. Sure he spawns fast and you'll probably get a couple razes before the person next to you gets Robin/Subo (at 7) but that's it before you have to build up pop to even have a chance. I would also consider adding back in the imperial infantry attack upgrade for Charla because if memory serves right it isn't there anymore.

Henry should be 4 kings with no cavalry upgrade like others have said.

Genitour should be removed because it allows someone to win too easily in a free for all game via camping when there's only two people left. Sure if the person was leading in kings and was smart they could just wait it out until they got mid, Khan, or Harald. However, if you're against removing the Genitour an idea may be to only allow a person to have the unit for a certain amount of time; say 15 mins or something like that. But I guess all a person would have to do is buy one, wait 15 mins, and then right when a person is attacking buy another. I think removing the Genitour and replacing it with a Skirm is a stupid idea as well because Skirms are only effective if you have like 3-4 of them. Otherwise the skirm is easily countered. Maybe if the skirm is kept in you get 2 of them for three kings? This would make it more worthwhile. People probably wouldn't like this changed though. I wish more people discussed the possible changes to Rambit on here because I think it's interesting and have always liked building scenarios.

Suggestions so far have been (from myself and other people):
-Make the areas for transporting kings to and fro the different stores bigger
-Orient the pallies so they're facing up, khan down, archers of eyes to the right...
-Orient the house guards to they're facing their respective bases
-Make Henry 4 kings with no imp cavalry upgrade or replace him with an infantry unit (like El Cid)
-Make Charlamagne 3 kings (add back upgrade?) and reduce spawn speed
-Make Subo 8
-Remove the Genitour and put the skirm back. If you still want players to be able to create skirms at the archery range have the skirm appear as a gaia unit in the player's base and transfer ownership to the respective base.
-Maybe make it so you get two skirms for three kings
-Remove the mid delay message since mid is hard enough to win back most of the time
-Add more hp to the transport ship per king (600 instead of 500)
-Make the Archers of eyes respawn if you purchase the 9 at the beginning
-Belisarius should get a little bit more hp per king
-Change the number of kings for some of the civilizations
-Add an add attack option for Belisarius as well and/or put an add hp and/or attack to william as well
-Add archers of eyes back to the store for two kings and increase their spawn rate
-Make units at super store more worthwhile... someone mentioned adding back theo???
-Someone said the villager should even be less kings than 5?...

Just personal message me if you want any help with any of the triggers or for a discussion.

Is there a way to make the undead castles have murderholes? It's semi annoying that they dont. Maybe after a person has researched murder holes simply have the undead castles reappear? I wonder if that would solve it.

OOOO! Forgot a good one.

-Make it so a person's pallies/khan automatically stops spawning when their bombard towers are destroyed and give them another king to pick another unit after a certain amount of time.

The reason this is a good idea is because with the on/off switch people can attack the pally/khan on the spawn island and most of the time get it to start spawning again. I don't think most people do this on purpose. It just happens when they have units near the spawn flag.
Link | Reply | Quote
 registereduser

Posted 16 May 2011 - 8:41 pm
Raging fag.. your post obv does not make sense.. look at the number of people who had trouble comprehending it..
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 16 May 2011 - 8:50 pm
I can't help it most people posting are native Spanish speakers or illiterate. :/

Link | Reply | Quote
123[4]5
Displaying 46 - 60 out of 75 posts