How can I watch recordings saved as mgz-files?

zwithouta

Posted 23 February 2018 - 6:41 pm
Hi Guys,

I would like to watch recorded games e.g. of Viper, to learn more about this game.
I bought the AoE2 HD Edition in steam. Therefore I can watch & record files by myself in the aoe2record-format without any problems. However most of the recordings I found of the experts are saved as mgz-files.

I tried watching those recordings using Voobly.
For that I installed Voobly & its Compability Patch for the AoE2 HD Edition, and downloaded the newest recording of Viper from http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123211439/Matches
Then I hosted a game in Voobly's "New players lobby" for AoE2. In the settings of the game I went to the tab "Watch recording" and choosed the mgz-file.
When I launch the game I end up with a error message "An error occured while trying to start the game".

Any suggestions?

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 25 February 2018 - 1:05 pm
hi
to watch a rec you need to have the patches/mods installed that the game was played using.
Link | Reply | Quote
 zwithouta

Posted 25 February 2018 - 4:00 pm
Where can I see on which game version different rec-files run? And where can I get the corresponding patches?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:01 pm
hi
look at the rec details.open up the match link: [You must login to view link]
patches and mods here: http://www.voobly.com/games/view/Age-of-Empires-II-The-Conquerors/Game-Mods
Link | Reply | Quote
 Fluffy_Rabbit

Posted 31 January 2019 - 7:42 am
I have the same problem - cannot watch .mgz files offline. I can see them there, the directory is \steamapps\common\Age2HD\savegame. I play with saved game on and all my Voobly .mgz files are in the savegame directory.

However when I load game offline and go into saved games it does not display these .mgz files - only files from multiplayer steam games.

I have tried loading age2_x1 directly (being the Voobly update to get Steam version to work) - however it is bugged, no text and crashed/does not work.

I have googled, looked at forums etc.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 31 January 2019 - 11:19 am by kitt
hi
when you start a game off of voobly, you should get a small screen up "patch selector". choose the patch and then the saved games should be available.
all games at voobly are recorded automatically.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts