Community Forums > Voobly General > General Discussion / Off Topic > Can someone tell me why we lost?

Can someone tell me why we lost?

MH297

Edited 20 September 2017 - 12:19 am by MH297
Hello
I recently played a 2v2 BF game and we lost
My teammate was ok but I figured I was the one who messed up somehow and got us both destroyed
Can someone see the latest recording and tell me what I did wrong?( btw idk how do I upload my I am still new at voobly)
Here is the link
http://www.voobly.com/match/view/16407483
Link | Reply | Quote
 YouOnlyLiveOnce

Posted 23 September 2017 - 5:17 pm
I just started watching. Your dark/feudal age play is pretty atrocious, you should watch some videos about fast castle, it will improve your gameplay quite a bit. Do not bother with walls that much, focus on your economy until you're able to do it together without losing vills to boar or having lots of idle time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 YouOnlyLiveOnce

Posted 23 September 2017 - 6:19 pm
Part 2
Don't make military until you're in Castle Age. It slows down your economy. You don't need troops on Black Forest if everyone is walled. In Castle Age you can boom with 3-4 Town Centers or you can start building your army. Siege is the key, make rams/mangonels, some good units and break through your enemy's defence. If you have to defend, build a Castle, if you're ahead of your opponent, build a forward castle on his/her side. Make sure you have units to defend it against siege.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MH297

Posted 23 September 2017 - 9:48 pm
Part 2
Don't make military until you're in Castle Age. It slows down your economy. You don't need troops on Black Forest if everyone is walled. In Castle Age you can boom with 3-4 Town Centers or you can start building your army. Siege is the key, make rams/mangonels, some good units and break through your enemy's defence. If you have to defend, build a Castle, if you're ahead of your opponent, build a forward castle on his/her side. Make sure you have units to defend it against siege.
Thanks for the advice
Link | Reply | Quote
 YouOnlyLiveOnce

Posted 24 September 2017 - 2:42 pm
Part 3:
I watched the rest. Your strategy was actually great. Going full huskarl against two archer civilization (britons+mayans) is a fantastic choice. Maybe you could've add elite skirmishers a bit sooner, (they only cost wood and food, and you had plenty of both) but you did really well against green and also helped a lot on the other side.
One of your small mistakes was letting green take the hill between you and him. The castle placement was great, you just had to defend it properly with trebuchets. You have to build some trebs just after you hit Imperial Age. From that hill you could've take out the enemy castle and gate from distance, then go in with huskarls and raid the economy and trade.
This game would've been winnable if you can break through and your teammate is actually decent (which he wasn't). He had one of the best Imperial civs (turks) and he didn't even make gunpowder units, just foot soldiers, hussars, heavy camels and skirmishers, all without any blacksmith upgrades. It was painful to watch them being slaughtered by fully upgraded elit plumed archers.
Another small thing was trade. You have to place your markets as far from your teammate's market as possible to have maximum profits. You should start trading when your goldpiles start to run out, so you can maintain your gold unit producing.

TLDR: Watch some videos about fast castle, like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JlANuLzzL0
If you have the time, watch some pro Black Forest games to learn tricks and improve your gameplay.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MH297

Posted 24 September 2017 - 6:15 pm
I just want to say thanks man for ur advice
I am still a noob so having someone guide me is really helpful
I even won four times in a row now!(I finally see myself getting better at this game)
Is it true that I shouldnt help my ally but instead attack the one in front of me first?( a person once told me that)
Link | Reply | Quote
 YouOnlyLiveOnce

Posted 24 September 2017 - 8:33 pm
If you play 2v2, you should focus on your direct opponent and only help your teammate if you're easily winning. In 3v3/4v4 games you have to help the flank players if you're in the middle of your team.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Weljet]Basil

Posted 26 September 2017 - 6:41 pm
Good guy misafeco. ;1thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 YouOnlyLiveOnce

Posted 27 September 2017 - 6:26 pm
Good guy misafeco. ;1thumbup
Thanks! :D
Link | Reply | Quote
 zahin

Posted 28 September 2017 - 9:04 am