Why RUSH on BF

CZ_ChristheCo

Group: Standard Membership
Edited 24 March 2015 - 9:48 am by CZ_ChristheCo
Ok, so i play AoC for 4 months, and i play mainly BF, i think you can guess why, yes i am total noob, so i dont undestand 2 things:
why does players who had rating 1400+ make new account and then they just defeat you before you make any military buildings? And how can we prevent this? Why they join game where is the title, ultra noobs 1200-
But more importantly i would like to know why anyone rush on BF, or even go with a sneaky vill, and then rush, this is not WiC you dont need to win, if you wanna rush then go play arabia, or other rush maps, not BF that is no rush map!!!

So why does one do that?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Chomp_

Edited 24 March 2015 - 12:15 pm by Chomp_
First: you are wrong: BF is not a NO rush map. BF is great for rushing. Michi or No Rush Mod for BF is NO rush. BF 4v4 is definitely a rushing map.

So, I think you are talking about BF 4v4 and your question is "why rush on BF?'' There are several answers:

- So why rush? If you are flank (on the side) rushing can be a great tactic to see how your opponent reacts. It is called ''testing the waters''. If he reacts like a noob, you beat him early and the game is 3v4. If he knows how to defend, you can still switch to making a lot of walls and go back to boom and still be very strong around 30-35 minutes.
- Another reason to rush can be because you have a good civ. Turks, mayas, spanish, goths are great civs to drop a castle with and make castle age units. 6 janissary, 6 archers, 6 conquistador kill a villager instantly and reach the farms near the TC. Goths kill a TC easily.
- Another reason to rush can be you have a very open BF map. It is simply too expensive to make a HUGE wooden/stone wall, so you simply make a barracks and some archers/knights and delay your opponent while your pocket does a strong boom and finishes him of in imperial. Or even rush with some towers (get stone fast and make your own towers and try to close the wall).

You should always be good at rushing and defending a rush (more walls/1 or 2 defensive towers near your gold/stone/mangonel/pikes/monks counter almost all rushes). The problem is that many BF 4v4 players like to boom and start fighting after 30 minutes. This is of course not the way you SHOULD play the game. If you get a player out of their comfort zone, the game is almost 100% won for you. Many BF 4v4 players dont know how to rush, or defend a rush. Many players also dont know how to fight in feudal age (Arabia teaches u this) or how to fight in Castle Age (Arena teaches u this).

So to answer all your questions: when they tower rush: make walls. If u cannot wall, make 1 or 2 towers of yourself holding him back or defending your gold / stone. Make a mangonel later. Also put a barracks up immediately and make spears or a unit that counters his. If he does mangonels/monks/spearman. Make walls, make mangonel of your own and go heavy on gold and wood. If he sneaks: wall early next time or check for a sneak! Try to put up a defensive castle, put a barracks and a workshop up, make a mangonel and some spear. Keep making those villagers. Another thing I see a lot when I rush: players keep booming and putting up more TCs. Stop booming and keep your pockets safe: make a barracks/workshop, get heavy on food/gold and stone if you need a castle. You can boom later: defending is more important.

Good luck.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Chomp_

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:19 pm
To prevent 1400+ players or smurfs joining a noob room: check and kick all AKA above 1300. They will tell you it is his brother, or he didnt play for 6 months bla bla. Just kick them. Or put a rating range: for example 1100-1300. If you have somebody who is noobbashing on purpose: report him to admins!
Link | Reply | Quote
 CZ_ChristheCo

Posted 24 March 2015 - 4:41 pm
Thank you for your idea, at least someone.
but i mean BF in noobs form, BF is played by noobs because they dont know how to rush or how to defend, thats why we noobs choose to play BF, yes i saw many top player games on bf, and i know they were rushing all the time...
I am noob but i know the tactics, i just cant use them, because i cant control them, so i know why players rush...
And i need to agrre with you on the open BF maps...
But my point was, why does noobs rush? because in my opinion, when they can rush they are not noobs, so why they play BF i know my answer was a bit controversial, but i hope you know what i mean...
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Walt_

Group: Gold Membership
Posted 24 March 2015 - 7:55 pm
BF is a good map, gives you some security and an edge in the game, you just need to wall fast define boundaries and its all yours. Start booming!. It is basically considered a map for booming and partially rushing sneaking. Yes, people rush. Thats all part of the game! You cant define what your opponent likes. You might like to boom he might like to rush. who knows!

You basically have your mind set from the minute 1 what you want to do rush or boom or sneak. It is not something to be afraid of. You can't handle being rushed because its not your taste. try another game. It is difficult to recover when you are being rushed. difficult but not impossible.

When a rush fails it is more dramatic loss, because the player has compromised on his eco for his military. So you got be 100% sucessful in rushing. So much that you have to make sure recovery is difficult for the opponent.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CZ_ChristheCo

Posted 24 March 2015 - 8:48 pm
Yes i agree with you, thanks for your answers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 CZ_Nazgul

Posted 25 March 2015 - 1:45 pm
First, expecting that BF is a no rush map is completely wrong.
Second, when you are flank and want to prevent enemy from rushing/sneaking you just need to send two villagers (most of the time) with scout directly at the start of the game to wall the open spots. BF is being played explored so its easy to see where you need to wall. Another thing is that you should flare for your pocket to come and help you with scout. Another tip, if you see many wolves in the spot between you and your enemy, just put foundations of palisade to each wolf and use them as markers. Then you can see enemy is rushing/sneaking in time and you can prepare.
Third, open BF map should usually be played like arabia.
Fourth, sometimes you just need to rush because your civs are way too weak in imperial compared to enemy team. (You have no Siege onagers, no BBTs etc.)
Link | Reply | Quote
 HidingBeyond

Posted 27 March 2015 - 4:33 pm
Moral of the thread: Play Michi instead.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [RBF]ApAdams

Posted 18 April 2015 - 3:10 am
BF is definitely not a "no rush" map.

Reasons to rush

1. You have goths and thus can't wall, your best bet is to wall with buildings or rush and hope your pocket can back you up later

2. It can be easier than trying to take down fortified walls in the late game

3. Your resources or your opponent's resources are in a forward location. In this case you are either rushing to protect your own resources or to deny your opponent.

4. It throws off players who think that it's a "no rush" putting your team at an advantage

5. It's an effective way to counter a rush coming from your opponent, if he chooses to rush

6. Your opponent started a villager war with you and you came out on top, so you might as well keep the pressure on.

What you should do if you are rushed:

1. Wall in your pocket player so he doesn't get rushed too

2. Wall around you TC to create a "funnel" basically minimizing how much damage the rush can do

3. Wall your villagers into where they are taking resources, further slowing down the rush

4. Don't panic, try to figure out how much this rush is costing your opponent, he could be putting nails in his own coffin.

5. If you get tower rushed remember that vills, militia, and man at arms are all effective at taking down towers, defend your melee units with scouts or archers

6. Make military to counter your opponent.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Seldom_Pooper

Edited 10 August 2016 - 2:58 am by Seldom_Pooper
I see your main issue. Here's an idea. Host your own BF game room. With NR 30 min or NR 45 min or whatever you want. NR meaning no rush. Set the rules before the game like 'no sneak', etc etc in your description. If that doesn't work good for you; you can host michi maps. Also there is this 'No rush' mod. You can use that too.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BH_]lnIghTzl

Posted 10 August 2016 - 3:02 am
Quote:
Edited 24 March 2015 - 4:48 am by CZ_ChristheCo
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 10 August 2016 - 5:02 am
Rush is a great band. That's why
Link | Reply | Quote
 Seldom_Pooper

Posted 12 August 2016 - 2:20 pm
Edited 24 March 2015 - 4:48 am by CZ_ChristheCo
I didn't see that ;lol
I opened this cause it was under 'What's popular right now'
Link | Reply | Quote
 [SBP]massgraves

Posted 17 August 2016 - 7:52 am
Some noobs like to rush. The very fact of rushing doesn't immediately mean a player is not a noob or should play in MS, trust me plenty of NPL BF players rush and do it very badly. The best way to learn how to defend rushes is to practice rushing. Then you will know what the rusher will aim for, what your most vulnerable points are, what kind of rushes work and what don't, how and why they fail or succeed, what kind of defense does and doesn't work, etc.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts