yes
no
 ['K']Livyathan

Posted 15 December 2013 - 5:17 pm
Gj !;thumbup Go in the top and it'll be fun ! rofl
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vaultboy

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:14 am
Fair call Weapon, it should be noted that each army is built specifically to fill a piece of the teams strategic component. Examples would be the Elves and Dwarves, the Elves fill the long range archer and elite cavalry contingent while the Dwarves cover the bulk of the infantry, throwing axes and elite infantry. Individually these civs are relatively useless, but combined they become a fighting force to be reckoned with. Changing these civs (and all civs for that matter) to apply balance and equality would defeat the unique strategic conditions of these maps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:54 pm
RiyT wrote:
I also would love to see LOTR rated. I have played this map a lot of times during the last 3 years. When I speak I think I can speak for all LOTR players that we don't care about the fact that the map might be unbalanced. It is the player that makes the civilizations strong.

Furthermore, this gametype is just awesome and has some wonderful and very tactical gameplay.

lol? LotR is pretty fun but its not exactly rocket science.

It doesn't matter what the lotr players think since they are not the ones who make the call on a map being rated.

- I personally think rating a map in the alternative ladder is a stupid idea since that ladder is a joke.
- A new lobby would not work since nobody would ever enter it, its been tried for bloods and unrated npl.
- There is hopefully going to be a match stats ladder for CS soon, if that comes it may be what you guys need.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vaultboy

Posted 18 December 2013 - 1:13 pm
Sounds good Barry, you seem to be more in-touch with the release of information like that
Quote:
- There is hopefully going to be a match stats ladder for CS soon, if that comes it may be what you guys need.
So maybe you can keep us in the loop. <3
Link | Reply | Quote
 SwiftZ

Posted 21 December 2013 - 6:07 am
The LOTR maps should not be rated. Most of the maps feature unbalanced teams (As far as 5v3 or 4v3, not saying that it's unbalanced good vs. evil) and lack specific features that would make the map balanced that exist in other types of games (Common heroes, villagers to build bbts, etc.). It should remain what it is; a fun niche type of map similar to UDP, PTO or various RPGs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Icey

Posted 21 December 2013 - 8:09 am
SHUT UP SWIFT.
YOU HAVE NO GOOD IDEAS
(NAME ONE)
Link | Reply | Quote
 SwiftZ

Posted 21 December 2013 - 8:57 am
Icey wrote:
SHUT UP SWIFT.
YOU HAVE NO GOOD IDEAS
(NAME ONE)

You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 Icey

Posted 21 December 2013 - 4:31 pm
No, you continually to offer up stupid ideas
    remove quests from lotr
    make it more like TD or PTO
    common heroes
    villagers to build bbt (are you ****ing kidding me)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Icey

Posted 21 December 2013 - 4:42 pm
keep in mind in LOTR
every civ shares atleast one common type of hero unit
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 21 December 2013 - 4:51 pm
Vaultboy wrote:
Sounds good Barry, you seem to be more in-touch with the release of information like that So maybe you can keep us in the loop. <3

lol I don't know, its been coming soon for half a year. I'm just hoping it happens in the new year.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PewYourFace

Posted 21 December 2013 - 5:10 pm
keep dreaming young alcoholic
Link | Reply | Quote
 I_Have_a_Candy

Posted 24 December 2013 - 6:40 pm
Alternative this saturated maps That nobody
plays, the
minutes of fame the rtd step, its time of lotr?
24!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Icey

Posted 28 December 2013 - 7:37 am
could you rephrase that?
Link | Reply | Quote
 SwiftZ

Posted 30 December 2013 - 9:34 am
Icey wrote:
No, you continually to offer up stupid ideas
    remove quests from lotr
make it more like TD or PTO
common heroes
villagers to build bbt (are you ****ing kidding me)

I've actually never suggested anything in bold.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vaultboy

Edited 30 December 2013 - 12:48 pm by Vaultboy
Quote:
Map Rating Rules

If you want a scenario to be put into the map-pack, and to be rated; there are a few simple rules to follow:

1)You must gain support from the community saying that they will play it. We don't need more unplayed maps. Do this by creating a new topic with a poll for users to vote on. The poll must include both a yes and no option.
2)You must describe your map in detail (with screenshots) and how it is played.
3)Make sure the map doesn't have any huge bugs that either crash the game or give advantage to someone in game. Make sure the map is balanced for every player.
4)No Booter whatsoever is allowed in a rated map.
5)You may only update your map a limited number of times. This is to make sure you do it correctly the first time. We WILL NOT be updated your map everyday.
6)Unplayed maps will be removed from the mappack. If you feel we removed a map in error, provide proof that it was still being played with recent match links.
7)The map pack moderator has the final decision over any map being added.

This is the rating guidelines. We meet less than half of them with the current LotR Maps. Sadly as it stands the likelyhood of LotR being rated is extremely low.

Link | Reply | Quote
1234[5]6
Displaying 61 - 75 out of 77 posts