Community Forums > General > General Discussion > Suggested Voobly Rating Decay IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Suggested Voobly Rating Decay IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Poll: Do you want a Rating Decay System on Voonly
Strongly Agree
Agree
Don't care
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
 Y_A_N_K_M_E

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 8 December 2012 - 8:07 pm
If a player becomes inactive, why should they lose their hardwork? They may become rusty, yes, but generally players who are really good can pick it up again quickly.

If you have banned players, have some logic that removes from ranks as well. (logic as in programming logic)

If you have people abusing the system, make attempts to catch them and stop it.

However, in the process of this, don't take a way the work of someone.
Link | Reply | Quote
 derHerzog_

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:21 am

A decay system in such an old ranked database is a completely FAIL

Want decay system?
Freeze old ratings and do it in a new one

for DM jidba is totaly right - most DMers are oldschoolplayers who often take long breakes.
if someone achieved 2k+ for example and after some months break he realizses his _achivement_ is gone he will be pretty much pissed for sure.
for me idc anymore but i see alot players ull make very upset inventing this in existing ladders.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MD__]DaDrunkInside

Posted 10 December 2012 - 2:37 pm
derHerzog_ wrote:
for DM jidba is totaly right - most DMers are oldschoolplayers who often take long breakes.
if someone achieved 2k+ for example and after some months break he realizses his _achivement_ is gone he will be pretty much pissed for sure.
for me idc anymore but i see alot players ull make very upset inventing this in existing ladders.

Then why is there a big thread about DM approaching death? Do you not think that this contributes to the problem?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ sL ]IYIike__

Posted 10 December 2012 - 9:04 pm
I agree with Jidba 100%. You should listen to the greatest DMer. He is on top and doesn't need to log on every 10 days to play a game.

If you want to implement it I think it would be really cool to have a current or active ladder that is separate from historical ladder or overall ladder. If a 2k+ didn't play he would not be 2k+ on the CURRENT ladder.

But for most of us this game is pretty old and we take breaks for long periods of time. I have taken breaks for 7 years. 3 years. And months at a time. I think you should seriously consider what Jidba is saying.

My two cents. - Mike
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:34 pm
I definitely support the decay system. I think like Jidba says though, for DM it would be better to freeze the current ladder (as a hall of fame) and reset with a new ladder.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MrUwBakkes

Edited 11 December 2012 - 6:18 pm by MrUwBakkes
This is not justificial according to me. People played to earn a rating which is I hope still the same as in the zone, it is perfect the way it is according to me. You're assuming a rating system based on activity which is just wrong.

I only play DM
Link | Reply | Quote
 L_S_D_L_S_D

Edited 14 December 2012 - 11:43 pm by L_S_D_L_S_D
I dont know hows things on RM
There maybe this decay system it could work

But FOR DM
It will just drop the high rated nicknames to 1800

You wanna ruin a whole ladder from 2400 to 1800-2k ?

I would only accept this system as the RIGHT CHOICE only if ratings were fresh

NOT IN A LADDER THAT IS 5 YEARS OLD AND MOST PEOPLE SPENT HUGE TIMES FOR REACHING HIGH RATINGS

Freeze the old ladders make NEW ONES and then put the decay system too.

Its not hard i guess you already did that in aok
***You removed the DM 1vs1 Ladder all of sudden for no serious reason(imo) and got me really frustrated //cuz it made me play a lot and was 2k+ there and suddenly i log in one day and i see its gone//

If this Decay system applies to my dm names i will stop playing on this server.

And i really mean it because the decisions made seemed to me REALLY ANNOYING BY SOME IMMATURE PEOPLE WHO TRYING TO COPY OTHER POPULAR GAMES.

PS: A 1600-2000 active noob can easily say YES to this poll because he believes its fking cool BUT IF HE WAS A TOP PLAYER WHO IS BUSY OR SOMETHING WITH SEVERAL HIGH RANKED GAMES HE WOULDNT ACT SO HAPPY I GUESS

LEARN TO TAKE IMPORTANT DECISION INSTEAD OF SETTING A PUBLIC POLL IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS ONE

A decay system in such an old ranked database is a completely FAIL

Want decay system?
Freeze old ratings and do it in a new one

so Jidba, u find it logical that one person can have 10 nick names in top 20 ladder, like you have ? just stop talking only for yourself. just be objective!

i am totaly agains ppl like jidba who can have 10 niknames on a top 20 list. it should be only allowed one nikname in top 20.

decay system is best voobly can have.

i totaly agree with that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Knesin

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:44 am
I also disagree with the rating decay system.

I am a DMer, so i can only speak on behalf of dm. As far as dm goes, we all have a general idea of most of the players who are still playing. That being said, if one of us were to show up with a rating that has undergone decay (down to about 1800) when the player deserves to be 2k+, no one in their right mind will play that person in 1v1... At least if they are competitive about their rating. It will lead to players choosing to simply make a new name to have a chance at finding games, which in turn will lead to a smurf-bananza.

In essence, I think the decay system will not work, at least in DM.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [QuEnDi]Imaginational

Edited 20 December 2012 - 1:49 am by [QuEnDi]Imaginational
Well said knesh that is true i agree i am not saying that just because i have 30 something 2k+ names i couldn't care less if u reset them all, but if you do put the decay on the ratings like knesh said and a 2ker comes back and his\her rating is 1800 and they goto a 2k 1v1 dm ga room they are gona get kicked to bigger ratting differnce
Link | Reply | Quote
 Popemi

Posted 20 December 2012 - 5:22 am
It would be perfect if time is 30 days (one month), 10 days is too soon i think. You cannot go on holidays! haha
Link | Reply | Quote
 Alien_Ware

Posted 26 December 2012 - 2:44 pm
pls consider the situation when someoone is ill and cant play or has exams.... consideration shd be allowed for that
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_TA_]_Limitless_

Posted 26 December 2012 - 3:06 pm
make voobly widescreen cost 5 $ ,kk? -k
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 26 December 2012 - 3:36 pm
I love how people fear the loss of points while they on vacation/sick/accident/ or w/e **** that could happen to them that might make them inactive for certain amount of time
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MaJoR]_ImperiuM

Posted 4 April 2013 - 2:04 pm
I don't know if this is actually ever going to happen. Age 2 HD will be released tomorrow, and I must say at least for now, I'll be checking it out as I have the pre-purchased copy of the game.

I always said for a long long time we shouldn't have a decay system. I support it, yes, because something needs to change, especially for DM. We have currently Jidba sat with multiple nicks in the top 20 (already pointed out) and the whole thing is just a bizarre historic ladder that doesn't reflect the current "best".

Jidba is just defending it because he wants to sit on his throne he has created. He can easily get it back on a new ladder, but I agree, freeze the current ladder and put it into a hall of fame. People hold on to that stuff, ya know. I've seen screenies of the old MSN zone ratings popping up recently. For history purposes, it means something.

As I say, though, I disagree with a decay system but I am in favour of it if Voobly are only seriously considering this as a possible fix as opposed to something that would work better, which is similar to the Diablo 2 "seasonal ladder".

I have long been a supporter of this system and I have posted here before stating how good it would be for the community. Instead of decaying and giving those players a penalty for becoming inactive e.g. "Hey I reached 2.2k!" and then having a break and returning to 1900~2K rating (pointless for historical terms), why not just introduce a season system, whereby all those seasons are archived at the end of say 1 year, and people can look back and say "I was god of season 1!".

People play for rating to think of themselves as good, and make their mark in the ladders. If people are seriously going to look back and find meaning in a historical ladder and prevent it from becoming the "only good ladder" or however people want to call it when discussing a new ladder with a decay system, then all ladders should be reset after a period and stop discussing a decay system which surely is more annoying and more complex in the long run.

Whatever you guys decide, do something. This was posted in November and we're now in April and haven't seen jack diddly squat.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Posted 4 April 2013 - 2:16 pm
[LTP]Good likes this.

Link | Reply | Quote
«456789101112131415161718192021[22]2324
Displaying 316 - 330 out of 346 posts