ROR Tournament?

Silvertear_

Edited 25 June 2010 - 1:39 pm by Silvertear_
Recently, the population of the ROR lobby has gone downwards very badly, despite the fact that the NAT traversal was added.

Maybe we could boost the population again by holding a tournament and ask players on GR to participate. We could do a 1 dollar buy in for participating so we can have little prices for the winner. A team game tournament would be presumed (2v2/3v3) but it can be 1v1 if not enough players are participating for a team game tournament.

IMO this will probably get more GR players to play here. And get the Voobly ROR community as active as before again.

On a side note: we should wait with a tournament untill NAT traversal is fully operational and works flawlessly.

Please discuss wether this is a good idea or not.
Link | Reply | Quote
 DrSnake

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:56 pm
I agree completely. Are you interested in helping with a tournament?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Silvertear_

Posted 27 June 2010 - 1:13 am
I am. Allthough The NAT traversal has to work 100 % (as good as it does in GR), allthough tbh I have yet to test out the latest state. So it will probably still take some weeks before we can take off (wich is good because I'm going on vacation in the meantime).
Link | Reply | Quote
 Frosted_Maiden

Posted 5 July 2010 - 8:56 pm
That would be nice! However, Gr players are inferior to Voobly. The only setting I see on gr hills, rev, 200 pop, conquest, wall or no wall, no tool rush. I had hear people here plays with tool rush which I like and can wall like freaks if getting rush and no rev. People still prefer Gr because they don't need to open alot of things, but for tournaments I guess voobly is better because Gr there is no anticheat, I had seeing some gr players that are suspect of cheating any map they play they can have more resources than you even if you make more villagers, they kill you with the least villagers they have, it may not be detected because I think they use another patch for example KoreanBoy he only plays with one town center and can own you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MrGoose

Posted 6 July 2010 - 5:02 pm
I am but why not points on our aoe accs?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Frosted_Maiden

Posted 7 July 2010 - 8:49 pm
Xenaero you could also post at AOE Heaven there are plenty of really good players, at Gr I only have on my addlist some are decent others are rooks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 OMC_tiny

Edited 3 June 2011 - 11:04 pm by DrSnake
I have nothing constructive to say.. so I guess I won't post.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RoR4ever

Posted 7 August 2015 - 1:00 am
RM, DM, and Cho tournaments going on this weekend on aoeror.com. Check it out!!

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts