Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > Age of Empires III > Thats important read everyone

Thats important read everyone

xXSTEELXx

Posted 27 February 2011 - 3:11 pm
We all know aoe III is a messed up game, beucase of many major problems related to ESO/creator's financinal, etc... problems, but due to it's GREAT sucess, age of empires has been modified by some fans 4 a much bigger balance improve, mechanisms, bug issues (focus map to those ridiculous bugs) whose are extremely necessary. Should we think about this ? Because I hate to pick non-funny lame civs like Indians/Iroquois/etc... and have an easy unfair win. Check their changelogs since 1.0 then comment here.

1.0 patch notes -> [You must login to view link]

1.1 patch notes -> [You must login to view link]

1.2 patch notes -> [You must login to view link]
(down this page a little)

Now read the following :

Why a fan patch? And why should I download it?

We developed this fan patch because of the fact that Ensemble Studios closed down in February 2009, and their successors Robot Entertainment have made few balance changes. Without any fan patch, we'd be left with the game as it is, permanently. Japan, Iroquois and India would perpetually be too strong, bugs will go unchecked, and the community will suffer as a result. That is why it is important for everyone to download this patch - ensuring that the community continues to enjoy the Asian Dynasties for the future.

Thanks in advanced Stephan Mehr.
Link | Reply | Quote
 xXSTEELXx

Edited 27 February 2011 - 7:12 pm by xXSTEELXx
NOW I GOT A JOKER'S FACE!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [GDT]Juank__

Posted 27 February 2011 - 8:46 pm
ya well fp would eb nice yes... but i thought we just needed to use fp version while playin .. didnt know that in order to play in vb u need to have last RE version only.. anyways fp r good news
Link | Reply | Quote
 yuzu

Posted 28 February 2011 - 1:23 am
i hate to see players say "dont use japan, i dont have fp."

hopefully more ppl can use fp,
but on voobly most of players dont even know how good fp is and how to download & install.

the simplest way is that robot entertainment provides the fp as a new official patch.
but it never happens, so we still have to let more players download and use it.

Juank is my girl:D
Link | Reply | Quote
 xXSTEELXx

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:15 pm
Voobly's staff will find out the best way to do this dw ;D.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [GDT]Juank__

Posted 3 March 2011 - 4:26 pm
pardon but, isnt just sufficient that both players use fp version then go to vb and play ?.. or to play in vb u need to have last RE patch?
Link | Reply | Quote
 xXSTEELXx

Posted 3 March 2011 - 5:23 pm
Split more our little population (initial) could be a big problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [SpNz]Llamico

Posted 3 March 2011 - 5:52 pm
The Fan patch must be used for more users just a little part from players use it, this fix many things that the Ensemble Studios left without handle.
Link | Reply | Quote
 xXSTEELXx

Posted 3 March 2011 - 6:12 pm
Supported 100% o/
Link | Reply | Quote
 [SpNz]Llamico

Posted 3 March 2011 - 6:26 pm
thanks for all...

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts