Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Could not find game installation directory -- please join

Could not find game installation directory -- please join

cCc_Bortecine_

Posted 23 September 2022 - 11:25 pm
Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires ii voobly'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires ii voobly\language_x1.dll' exists...
Success!
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires ii voobly\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires ii voobly\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 215552 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires ii voobly'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires ii voobly\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
DirectPlay play thinks the language dll is at 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires ii voobly\language_x1.dll'
Verifying file exists... Success!
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.

Even i get above results from game diagnostics, once i join to game lobby it gives an error as "Could not find game installation directory -- please join a lobby and run game diagnostics"

Your kind support on this issue is highly appreciated Chris,

Thnx
regards,
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:18 am
Please follow ALL steps in the clean installation tutorial:
[You must login to view link]
Make sure to start the game at least once from your Desktop, before attempting to play online.

Then apply the recommended game room settings:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 cCc_Bortecine_

Edited 25 September 2022 - 7:57 pm by cCc_Bortecine_
didnt worked, there should be an easier solution....before there was not any problem i had like that since i didnt change any setting in the system...guess it is a kind of your bugs in new updates...i read alot of messages from users regarding the same connection error....btw when i click on cancel to the error message the game still works...
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 26 September 2022 - 8:26 am
Did you really follow all steps in the self-help article or did you skip them, because you do not have the AOK / AOC setup files?
Link | Reply | Quote
 zenmandsl

Edited 26 September 2022 - 8:40 am by zenmandsl
Yes what's going on with this? Unknown update? Please tell me what the update is. Never had this problem before. All other updates are finding the directories they are looking for. Why not this one?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 26 September 2022 - 8:45 am
Is it possible that you are having this problem for a long time? First close Voobly. Then in your Voobly Mods folder, delete the Patch 1.6 in the patch folder and the 1.6 Game Data folder in the data mod folder. Now join Voobly again and wait for the client to download both, the 1.6 patch and its game data. The problem should be fixed now.
Link | Reply | Quote
 zenmandsl

Edited 27 September 2022 - 8:14 pm by zenmandsl
I followed the directions now the error is different although i still receive the same error initially. I deleted the folders and they redownload when i enter the lobby. Now, after is tells me it can't find the folder, it says 100% but just sits there spinning and never stops. If i go into the lobby again same thing. D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods, D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\Voobly Mods\AOC\Patches are my directories. You are correct the unknown update has been trying to install for a while. What is the "unknown update? I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Not doing it again...lol. Thanks for the help in advance.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts