AOT problems

Belleroph_pwn

Posted 23 September 2022 - 6:58 pm
I recently uninstalled reinstalled the game (cracked version). Now sometimes it loads weird when the game launches. It wont go to the game screen sometimes automatically but there is a second window and if i keep clicking on it enough times it will take me to the in game menu. That is issue number one. The second issue is my mouse seems very jittery/laggy in the games. It will jump around the screen if im trying to scroll around the map. It didn't do this before i uninstalled the game the first time. The reason i initially uninstalled/reinstalled was a separate issue. I couldn't play random maps in multiplayer it said someone had a modified version of the map and i could not click the green button once in the game. All the other maps worked fine. Random maps works now but i have these other problems Any ideas? Thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 Belleroph_pwn

Posted 23 September 2022 - 7:00 pm
I was reading through some older threads on here last night and stumbled across one where Chris said to install a compatibility patch for the Steam version of EE to make the game work on Voobly. Is that something i can do and uninstall the cracked version? I have AOT EE on Steam as well but i prefer Voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Belleroph_pwn

Edited 24 September 2022 - 6:17 pm by Belleroph_pwn
Is that a real thing or no? The steam to voobly compatibility patch. I am now having the same error i orignially had "someone has a modified version of this map, the game cannot start" for random maps in multiplayer lobbies. Is that a patch issue or what? It's driving me nuts. I have to ask for random land and people say "learn to play water maps". It's not that i don't want to play water maps i can't click the green up button to start the game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 24 September 2022 - 6:15 pm
The compatibility patch for AOT will be released soon.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Belleroph_pwn

Posted 24 September 2022 - 6:20 pm
Awesome thanks. Like how soon, rough ballpark figure if you don't mind? There will be a guide or something how to do it? This seems like big news.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 24 September 2022 - 6:48 pm
Chris, would it be permitted I provide Pepsi_Classic with the manual installation files we used for testing?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 24 September 2022 - 8:15 pm
Yes, you can do that. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Edited 24 September 2022 - 9:50 pm by +miko@voobly
Alright thanks, I sent him a PM with instructions and a download link.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Belleroph_pwn

Posted 1 October 2022 - 2:50 am
I would like to report the EE compatibility patch is working. I am running it now thanks to Bombus.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Belleroph_pwn

Posted 1 October 2022 - 2:52 am
I did have to update the game with patch 1.03 to get it to work though.
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Belleroph_pwn

Posted 1 October 2022 - 4:57 am
Hmm now that i've got the game working using the EE compatibility patch i'm having another issue out of sync errors. It happened 4 games in a row, the last time 22 mins into the game. I don't know if it's me for sure or someone else but it seems like it might be me if it happened 4 games in a row. If it aint one thing it's another.

Is there a fix for this? As for mods i'm using Ipperts Complete UI and Striking Idle Villager Banners.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Belleroph_pwn

Edited 2 October 2022 - 12:22 am by Belleroph_pwn
I figured it out. I renamed the AOM folder that is in My Documents. It kept wanting to pull stuff for the game from that location for some reason. That is similar to how i fixed the "error someone has a modified map file game cannot start" whenever i tried joining games and playing random maps. I renamed the rm2 file but this time i just renamed the whole AOM folder in MY Documents and that solved the problem with OOS. The game is running smoothly now with the EE compatability patch.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Belleroph_pwn

Posted 2 October 2022 - 3:22 am
Bombus is the man! He cracked the code and made EE compatible with Voobly. I believe i'm patient zero lol. It has been working great today no problems. Just a little interference initially with some old AOT files i had. But after renaming them all is well.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 2 October 2022 - 2:44 pm
We are glad to hear you got the game running. And you are correct, you are the first AOMEE Compatibility Patch user on Voobly. Thank you for reporting the issue and solutions regarding the RM2 folder. We will be sure to include the solution in the official release of the patch. I hope you will have a great time playing Age of Mythology on Voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 11 October 2022 - 10:27 am
Glad to hear you got it working. We will update the compatibility patch on our side. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 15 posts