Old normal AI ?

n33k33

Posted 16 September 2022 - 11:59 pm
Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong place for that question.

Playing with my kids, I'd like to know if there's a way to play against the old regular AI.

We started on Steam HD and could win some games against AI on Moderate against the classic AI.

However, since moving to Voobly because of the HD multiplayer restore bug, we get steamrolled everytime on Moderate or Normal.

I played the AoC AI thousands of hours back in the days and it's obvious the Voobly one is much stronger.

We tested on 1.5RC and tried both v1.5 game data and Wololokingdom.

thanks.

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 September 2022 - 12:17 pm
We have added all available AIs, including the original one to Voobly. If you select "Computer" instead of AI, you can play against the original single player AI.
Link | Reply | Quote
 n33k33

Posted 17 September 2022 - 6:10 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
We have added all available AIs, including the original one to Voobly. If you select "Computer" instead of AI, you can play against the original single player AI.

If I select "Computer" with either "v1.5 Game Data" or "WololoKingdoms" selected as mods, it is definitely not the old AI.

I will test without any Mods selected, although that means we won't be able to use the new civs.

I will also test with the Forgotten Empires 3.8 Voobly mod though.

Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 18 September 2022 - 11:19 am
The standard AI that comes with those two mods is a "Promi" one. It's probably more advanced than the HD one since it's using userpatch variables not present in HD. Maybe you can port the AI files from Age 2 HD into the voobly folders so it works there.

Alternatively, there is a mod with several AIs that may suit you:
https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/859/Ai-pack
Try anyone except Barbarian or Promi (very strong) or Yggdrasil (only goes for towers).
Link | Reply | Quote
 n33k33

Posted 18 September 2022 - 12:28 pm
+pablo@voobly wrote:
The standard AI that comes with those two mods is a "Promi" one. It's probably more advanced than the HD one since it's using userpatch variables not present in HD. Maybe you can port the AI files from Age 2 HD into the voobly folders so it works there.

Oh I didn't think they'd be compatible I'll give it a try thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 September 2022 - 1:00 pm
Keep in mind though, that the original 1.0c AI does not support any of the new CIVs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 n33k33

Edited 18 September 2022 - 7:05 pm by n33k33
Yup ... Fortunately the "Standard AI" included in FE 3.8 was apparently updated at some point to support the original FE extra civs so that's something. :)

I tried to import the HD AI into Voobly but could never make it work. Files are weirdly scattered across several folders it looks like.

Same with the AIs from DE.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 22 September 2022 - 9:03 am
You are welcome.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts