AoM Titans problems windows 11

nickwanamaker

Posted 21 July 2022 - 6:53 am
Hey! long time lurker looking to get into actually playing the game lol. Has anyone else had problems with windows 11? I've tried running as admin and all compatibility modes to no avail.
Any info will help!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 22 July 2022 - 11:45 am
What error messages are you getting? What problems are you experiencing using Windows 11?
Link | Reply | Quote
 nickwanamaker

Posted 23 July 2022 - 6:50 am
sometimes I will get a message asking me to try different compatibility modes, I've tried them all as well as turning admin priv on and off. I tried monitoring task manager too and the program just doesn't launch at all.

here's a video about what happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxEaugmBxMY&ab_channel=NickWanamaker
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 23 July 2022 - 11:37 am
Do you have AOM on Steam installed?
Link | Reply | Quote
 nickwanamaker

Posted 23 July 2022 - 11:18 pm
Yes I installed it because Titans won't work... lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 23 July 2022 - 11:18 pm
AOM EE does not work on Voobly. You must copy back your AOT folder, then apply the patch and then run game diagnostics in the AOT lobby. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 nickwanamaker

Posted 24 July 2022 - 2:15 am
No no, I installed EE after I gave up trying to fix AoMT. With and without the patch. It won't launch at all.
Link | Reply | Quote
 nickwanamaker

Posted 24 July 2022 - 2:17 am
I understand that EE won't work with voobly, I'm just trying to get my "fix" and EE is as close as I can get for now lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 24 July 2022 - 10:50 am
Can you please check the Event Viewer whether it's logging anything useful for us?
Start > run > eventvwr.msc and check the Application Log (after attempting to start the game once again).
Please paste us the full error related to aomxnocd.exe / aomnocd.exe
Link | Reply | Quote
 nickwanamaker

Posted 26 July 2022 - 10:47 pm
I won't lie, I have no idea what to do with eventviewer, I've never used it. I can't find where the application logs are
Link | Reply | Quote
 nickwanamaker

Posted 26 July 2022 - 10:51 pm
I went into windows Logs > Application and all I see is a lot of "Information" nothing to do with AoM or anything
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 26 July 2022 - 11:28 pm
Event Viewer (Local) > Windows Logs > Application

Now start AOT and let it crash. Return to Event viewer and Refresh with F5. Copy and paste the crashing event information.
Link | Reply | Quote
 nickwanamaker

Posted 26 July 2022 - 11:55 pm
it seems that there is no information showing up at all no matter how many times I try to launch or how long I wait or how many times I refresh
Link | Reply | Quote
 nickwanamaker

Posted 26 July 2022 - 11:57 pm
unless this: Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at 2122-07-02T21:56:08Z. Reason: RulesEngine.

is helpful, but there is nothing pertaining to AoM showing up here at all. almost as if it's not even launching
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 27 July 2022 - 12:28 am
Start > Run > Winver

Which version of Windows is running?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 27 posts