Graphics problem

NeloAngeloGr

Posted 27 May 2022 - 9:43 pm
I installed AOM Gold Edition on my new PC with a good graphic card and once I logged in the graphics were unplayable to the point it made me dizzy. My monitor is 1920x1080. I frequently watch aom streams and I do not think that other players have the same issue. Can someone help me?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Altair_Ibn

Posted 28 May 2022 - 12:15 am
Hi!

Take these settings:
[You must login to view link]

Then go to room in single player menu and take the same resolution for the game as you have for your desktop.

Then it should work.

Let me know if you were able to fix it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 NeloAngeloGr

Posted 28 May 2022 - 2:26 pm
Interface is different and I can't find the settings in the pictures. Can you help me please?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 20 June 2022 - 1:20 pm
Hi NeloAngeloGr,

Welcome to the Voobly forums. I'm sorry to hear you were having problems with your graphics. The article Altair shows steps in Voobly that are not possible in the Age of Mythology lobby, but you can do the same thing in another way.

Browse to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology. Then go to the Properties of aomx.exe and go to the Compatibility tab. Here you put the compatibility mode as Windows 2000 or XP and check the box Run as administrator. Then apply and click okay. You repeat the same process for aomxnocd.exe, aom.exe and aomnocd.exe.

If that doesn't work, you can change the xres and yres values in persistent.cfg to 1920 and 1080. You can open this file with Notepad to edit it. You will find the file at: C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\startup

I hope these steps will solve your problem. If they don't, please specify what you mean by unplayable graphics or post a screenshot of it. It will be easier for me to help you if I know what you mean exactly.

Good luck and if you have any further questions, ask me any time! ;flowers

All the best,

Bombus

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts