Basic questions

CZ_Warlander

Posted 2 March 2022 - 12:24 am
Hello

Could you please help me in respect of the questions below?

1) what kind of version of AoE should I buy if I want to play on Voobly? Can I buy definitive edition and will I be able to play also The Conqueror? I am just confused by many versions of AoE and which is the correct one.

2) Are there any specific settings in respect of router which have to be performed in order to join a games?
If so is there any conprehensive guide?

Thank you
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Altair_Ibn

Posted 2 March 2022 - 5:40 am
Hi!

1) You can play with any official version of the game, if you are going to buy it through Steam I think there is a way to do it, that is, open said game through Voobly.

2) In general, with the default configuration you will not have problems playing, however, until you play we will not know. You can appear as "fp" (FAST PROXY), but as I was saying, until we play we don't know if you are going to have to open the ports.

If you have other doubts comment them so that we can help you :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 2 March 2022 - 9:32 am
If you own the original AOK + AOC, you can play on Voobly. If you don't have the original game, then get AoE II HD on Steam, now called Age of Empires II 2013.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CZ_Warlander

Edited 2 March 2022 - 9:35 pm by CZ_Warlander
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input. Thing is I would like to buy AoE II Definitive Edition. I understand that I will not be able to play content of definitive edition with people who do not have it.
But my question is that if I buy AoE II definitive Edition -> Will it be possible for me to play with people on Voobly AoC?
Thank you for your help.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 2 March 2022 - 9:37 pm
It's not possible to play on Voobly, if you own AoE II DE only. But I am sure you got friends, who can lend you the old AOK / AOC CDs. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Mechophile

Edited 14 March 2022 - 8:54 am by Mechophile
Hey chris, i bought aoe II 2013 on steam and installed. is it possible to play on voobly conquerors expansion. i lost my cd and its no more available. worse, none of friends play aoe
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 14 March 2022 - 10:15 am
Mechophile wrote:
Hey chris, i bought aoe II 2013 on steam and installed. is it possible to play on voobly conquerors expansion. i lost my cd and its no more available. worse, none of friends play aoe
Yes, the basic game we have on Voobly is the Conquerors expansion. You can play by owning the game from Steam and installing the compatibility patch:
[You must login to view link]
Afterwards, you can download some other data mods to have access to the new civilizations.
Link | Reply | Quote
 alpnev13

Posted 16 March 2022 - 10:54 pm
hi
After the new update I get api-ms-win-core-winrt-eror.. dll error. How can I fix? I reinstalled. I looked for solutions but nothing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 16 March 2022 - 10:58 pm
alpnev13 wrote:
hi
After the new update I get api-ms-win-core-winrt-eror.. dll error. How can I fix? I reinstalled. I looked for solutions but nothing.
Please read: https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/343091/:1430907#post1430907
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:13 am
We have rolled back to version: 2.2.5.71. Windows 7 will continue working for now.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts