resolution problem after launching game

zenmandsl

Posted 24 October 2021 - 8:37 pm
When i launch a game in AOE II thru the Voobly client the resolution is 1024 X 768 when it should be 2560 X 1440. This started happening last night. I have 'Force Desktop Resolution in Game' checked. I uninstalled/reinstalled Voobly client. I did a system restore for Windows 10. I also uninstalled AOE II HD. When i change the resolution after the game starts to 2560 X 1440 i get the correct display...game resolution is good but i have to do this every game now. Never had this problem before. When i start the game from the desktop, not thru the Voobly client, the resolution is fine at 2560 X 1440 so the game itself does not appear to be the problem. Only when i start the game thru the Voobly client does this resolution problem appear. Thanks in advance.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 24 October 2021 - 9:38 pm
Did you disable the UAC by any chance?
Link | Reply | Quote
 zenmandsl

Posted 25 October 2021 - 7:18 am
No, that setting is set to default which does not notify me when i make changes, second from the top.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 25 October 2021 - 8:13 am
Right-Click the AOC shortcut on your Desktop > run as administrator and make the resolution changes again. Does Voobly now recognizes them when playing through the client?
Link | Reply | Quote
 zenmandsl

Posted 25 October 2021 - 11:52 am
When i right click the icon Age of Empires II (2013) on my desktop there is no entry in the dropdown context menu to run as administrator. I think that is because the account Douglas Dreher [You must login to view link] is set as administrator in the user account settings of the Control Panel. The url for the desktop icon is: steam://rungameid/221380. When i launch the game from the desktop there is no option to change the screen size. It is automatically set to the 2560 X 1440 and cannot be changed via screen size in options. Screen size is not part of the options when running from the desktop as it is when running thru the Voobly client.
Link | Reply | Quote
 zenmandsl

Edited 25 October 2021 - 12:08 pm by zenmandsl
I just figured it out and your suggestion provided the clue. I right clicked on the Voobly icon and ran it as administrator and wahla....the correct resolution. I have no clue what changed on the computer in the last couple of days to make that issue appear. It has always worked automatically. Thank you so much for your help. You are the man Chris.
Link | Reply | Quote
 zenmandsl

Posted 25 October 2021 - 12:53 pm
I was able to check the box "run this program as administrator" in the compatibility tab of the Voobly icon properties. I don't know how it got unchecked. Good old Windows. Thanks again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 zenmandsl

Edited 25 October 2021 - 8:11 pm by zenmandsl
Well it stopped working again. Omg. Should i completely remove all Voobly components and reinstall? I swear to god it was working before i went to bed...lol.
Link | Reply | Quote
 zenmandsl

Posted 26 October 2021 - 9:06 am
Well Chris it turned out to be the Nvidia card drivers. After i deleted them in the device manager and rebooted Windows reinstalled them and everything is good now. Thanks bro. Your suggestions led to the discovery.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 26 October 2021 - 10:04 am
Glad to hear you got it working. You are welcome. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts