How to uninstall Voobly data?

darkmarek

Posted 18 September 2021 - 12:08 pm
Hi, I want to uninstall all Voobly files and folders from the AOE Gold folder on my laptop. I want to do it without uninstalling this game. Please help. Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 September 2021 - 12:15 pm
Delete the Voobly Mods folder and uninstall Voobly client in Programs & Features in Control Panel.
Link | Reply | Quote
 darkmarek

Posted 18 September 2021 - 12:48 pm
Unfortunately, it didn't help.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 September 2021 - 12:48 pm
Could you please describe the problem you are having. What do you mean when you say, that it didn't help.
Link | Reply | Quote
 darkmarek

Posted 18 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
There is still a folder named Voobly with files and folders inside in the Program Files x86 folder, and there are still files belonging to Voobly in the Age of Empires folder in Microsoft Games. But in Settings-Applications-Applications and Functions no Voobly entry is shown among the installed applications.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 September 2021 - 1:54 pm
After uninstalling Voobly, you can safely remove the Voobly folder in %programfiles%.
Link | Reply | Quote
 darkmarek

Posted 18 September 2021 - 2:16 pm
Thank you. I did, the Voobly folder is no longer there, but nothing has disappeared from the Age of Empires folder in the Microsoft Games folder. All Voobly files are there.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 September 2021 - 2:38 pm
Those folders are created by the game / patch. You can safely remove those files as well, e. g. the Voobly Mods folder.
Link | Reply | Quote
 darkmarek

Posted 19 September 2021 - 9:48 am
Yes, but I don't know very well which folders and files Voobly installed and which I can uninstall.
Link | Reply | Quote
 darkmarek

Posted 19 September 2021 - 10:22 am
I seem to have managed it. I just want to ask if in the folders with the names: avi, campaign, data, data2, help, learn, savegame, scenario and sound, if there can be any folders or files from Voobla in these folders or what?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 19 September 2021 - 12:42 pm
These folders belong to the compatibility patch, not to Voobly -- assuming you have AoE II HD installed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 darkmarek

Posted 19 September 2021 - 1:43 pm
I do not understand you. I bought AOE 2 HD on steam and installed it. I deleted the data from Voobly in a folder called Age of Empires but I didn't want to search these nine folders that are there and that I already mentioned, so I thought to ask if anything from Voobly could be in these folders. Does that mean you're actually telling me that I've already deleted everything I wanted and my problem is solved? Yesterday I also tried to install a no cd patch because I can't find a DVD with AOE 1. Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 19 September 2021 - 1:48 pm
In order to play on Voobly using AoE II HD you must install the compatibility patch. This patch is not part of the Voobly client; so if you have played on Voobly already and want to completely remove anything related to Voobly, then you must also remove the compatibility patch (manually).

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 19 September 2021 - 1:51 pm
If you also had AOK / AOC installed on your computer, then there is nothing you would have to do on your side.
[You must login to view link]

Keep in mind, if you still want to play on Voobly, you must not have both installed, AOK / AOC and AoE II HD.
Link | Reply | Quote
 darkmarek

Posted 19 September 2021 - 1:51 pm
I don't have any data from AOE 2 HD in my Microsoft Games folder. I only have AOE 1 and AOE2 there.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 19 posts